How to Install Plugins ×

HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS/General Plugin Troubleshooting Thread

RaveN

ive done all the things as said but when i switch pdn on and click on effects the plugin i put in the effects file isnt there. :( help please?

ive done all the things as said but when i switch pdn on and click on effects the plugin i put in the effects file isnt there. :( help please?

Did you check the various sub menus under Effects?

Which effect is it?

Also, a vary small number of effects actually show up under the Adjustment menu instead of the Effects menu.

Hey I had the same problem!!! :idea: So I noticed that when I downloaded the plugin it was in a folder. I took the effects out of the folder and then deleted the folder. It worked for me soooo I hope I helped!!!! :D

Go to the effects folder and find the plugin, then right-click it and click "properties". If you see a button labeled "Allow", click it (do this for each dll in your effects folder). Hopefully they show up after that.

EDIT: Not "Allow", "Unblock"...sorry.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Go to the effects folder and find the plugin, then right-click it and click "properties". If you see a button labeled "Allow", click it (do this for each dll in your effects folder). Hopefully they show up after that.

EDIT: Not "Allow", "Unblock"...sorry.

Thx now it works :P

• 3 weeks later...

Ummm...Hey guys, newb here!xD

I've had Paint.NET for a relatively short time (About 2 weeks), and i'm loving it! I've really got the hang of it, and just really love this program.

So one day, I thought I would try my hand at these "plugins", right? SO, I go and try to download the feather plugin. I THOUGHT I did everything right, but apparently, i'm not...I've tried doing different plugins for the past 45 minutes, and nothing is working! I've been doing the same exact thing each time!

My Process:

-First, I click the plugin link and i'm brought to the download menu.

-I click Save.

-I go to my Effects folder.

NOTE: When I first downloaded Paint.NET, I didn't have a folder titled Effects, I made one. I thought i'd add that just in case it made a difference...

-I save it to my Effects Folder.

-Then I reopen the folder, right click on whatever plugin I just downloaded.

-I right-click, go to "Properties", click Unblock, and then click "Okay".

After that, I open Paint.NET and SCOUR the Effects and Adjustments menus...But nothing is ever there...

What do I do!?!?!!? Am I doing something wrong?

Help!

LuxxySig.gif

I have the file for the plugin in the effects file in the paint.net file in program files but it isn't showning up when i open up paint.net and look in effects.

NOTE: When I first downloaded Paint.NET, I didn't have a folder titled Effects, I made one. I thought i'd add that just in case it made a difference...

This should not have been necessary.

Make sure the feather.dll file is downloaded to the C:/Program Files/Paint.NET/Effects folder. You can't just make an Effects folder somewhere on your computer and expect Paint.NET to know where it is located.

Make sure the feather.dll file is downloaded to the C:/Program Files/Paint.NET/Effects folder. You can't just make an Effects folder somewhere on your computer and expect Paint.NET to know where it is located.

OH!

I'm such an idiot! I wasn't saving it to my Program Files...

I get it now, thanks!xD

LuxxySig.gif

OH!

I'm such an idiot! I wasn't saving it to my Program Files...

I get it now, thanks!xD

Ok, so i get what u guys are saying about the folders and what not but when i installed PND it all went into my D drive. Should I move everything into a new folder and then add effects folder and everything else there? Or what? And yes, im new at this haha

sig1.jpg

Ok, so i get what u guys are saying about the folders and what not but when i installed PND it all went into my D drive. Should I move everything into a new folder and then add effects folder and everything else there? Or what? And yes, im new at this haha

No need to move PdN if it's installed and working. If you know where it's installed (on the D: drive, you said), then just find the "Paint.NET" folder, and open it and you should find an effects folder within it.

*That* effects folder is where you need to put all of the effects (.dll files) you download.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Ok, but it didnt install inside a folder, it was just dumped into the D: drive. will this affect anything? or do i just add an effects folder inside the D: drive and Paint.NET will find it?

sig1.jpg

You want the effect dlls to be in the "Effects" sub folder of your Paint.NET directory, wherever that may be.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

You shouldn't have to add a folder. It should already be there if the program was install correctly.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Can i ask about fonts too? Cause i need help with those as well.

I'm trying to do Drakaans tut on his avitar. And trying to get the space age text. I should save fonts in File types correct?

sig1.jpg

hai there! i'm like.. new here... i actually downloaded this cool thing yesterestay.. and started downloading the kewl plugings today. But following your advice on really where to place it after i download them... the plugings don't show up at all... in the programs.. 4 example i just downloaded the "feather " . 3 hours ago it worked , it appeared just fine.. then now, as i am looking for it (along with the other plugings) it disapeared.. i checked in the Paint. Net folder, everything's placed where i put it.. what am i supposed 2 do?

The Feather effect is in Effects - Blurs - Feather.

Also, make note that some plugins appear in the adjustments menu.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Once you have p;laced the feather effect plugin in the effects folder, in Paint.NET, you will find it in the Effects menu under Blurs.

And as for the second comment, some effects appear in Paint.NET's adjustment menu instead of effect menu.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]