RaveN

HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS/General Plugin Troubleshooting Thread

1,182 posts in this topic

yes i did. i followed the post step by step. there isnt a subfolder called 'effects'. all i have is one paint.net folder called beta build

where do u find the plugins wen uve already put em into paint.net??

i cant find em??

plz tell :?: :?: :?: :?:

How do I install this plugin 'Fast zoom blur'? I have tried putting it in to the 'Effects' folder but nothing happens.

What do I do wrong? Can someone please help

How do I install this plugin 'Fast zoom blur'? I have tried putting it in to the 'Effects' folder but nothing happens.

What do I do wrong? Can someone please help

http://boltbait.googlepages.com/install

It's on this page if you even tried looking.

Use search next time.

I'm having trouble getting the plug into paint. When i download the plug i save it into effects then when i open up the file it tells me it cant find file then i have to find a program from my list but i dont know which program to pick

http://boltbait.googlepages.com/install[/url]":2ae8a]Once you have followed these instructions, you can run Paint.NET and click the "Effects" menu. You should see your new effect in that menu.

You run Paint.NET after the installation, not the file. Everything you need to know is in the website quoted many, many times already.

Hi!

Is ist possible, that plug ins can only be added if PDN ist installed in c:\programmfiles? It've installed it under c:\winprogs and ist did not work. After a reinstall under c:\programmfiles there was no problem.

Can you please be more specific yarii_x303, what troubles are you having exactly?

You say 'i still cant download plugins', are you have a problem with the download - in which case what plugin(s) - or are you hindered by a certain step of the installation of a plugin - again, which plugin and also at what point of the installation?

We can't help you very much with little to go on.

this doesnt help me at all, i still cant download plugins.

Like Myrddin said. We aren't psychic...

Also, are you just stating this for our information, or are you asking for more assistance ... ?

i am able to download the plugin but when i try and open it up with paint it says "this image type is not recognized and cannot be opened."

Read the tutorial more closely. You don't open the plugin with Paint.NET, you place it in the correct folder. Go back to the first page and follow the tutorial :-)

Does that help?

So...

I downloaded the pluggins, put them into the right file and restarted paint.net. However I still can't use any of the pluggins....? Any clues?

So...

I downloaded the pluggins, put them into the right file and restarted paint.net. However I still can't use any of the pluggins....? Any clues?

Which plugins did you try?

Some plugins show up under different menus. For example, the Color Balance effect in my sig shows up under the Adjustments menu, not the Effects menu.

Did you remember to "unblock" them?

Are you running the latest version of Paint.NET?

Many effects will not run on older versions of Paint.NET.

i posted that question because i tried everything the first page says after i do that and open paint it still doesn't show so i go to the effects file in my comp and try and open the plugin but it still doesn't work

Hi. I was trying to download more tools for paint.net and it downloads just fine. The problem is when I try to load it into paint.net it says that "The image type is not reconized, and cannot be opened." My computer is a Microsoft XP if it helps. I've tried everything! help plese? XP

I placed the Water reflection effect in the effects but how do i access it in the program? Its not under the effects section.

in your effects drop down menu you should find it under the 'Distort' selection sub menu.

or if you installed it while paint.net was open you will have to restart the program.

where do u get the plugins i cant find one to download it

They are all in this Forum section. Choose a plugin topic which sounds appealing and the plugin will have a link on the first post along with description, instructions, and/or screenshots.

Click this example to see what I mean.

4114_8762de6f74ca95766f1d651c3ecd686f

The link to the download may contain '.zip' or '.dll' at the end, so this may help to find it.

Does this clear it up?