How to Install Plugins ×

HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS/General Plugin Troubleshooting Thread

RaveN

How do I install this plugin 'Fast zoom blur'? I have tried putting it in to the 'Effects' folder but nothing happens.

What do I do wrong? Can someone please help

http://boltbait.googlepages.com/install

It's on this page if you even tried looking.

Use search next time.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having trouble getting the plug into paint. When i download the plug i save it into effects then when i open up the file it tells me it cant find file then i have to find a program from my list but i dont know which program to pick

http://boltbait.googlepages.com/install[/url]":2ae8a]Once you have followed these instructions, you can run Paint.NET and click the "Effects" menu. You should see your new effect in that menu.

You run Paint.NET after the installation, not the file. Everything you need to know is in the website quoted many, many times already.

Hi!

Is ist possible, that plug ins can only be added if PDN ist installed in c:\programmfiles? It've installed it under c:\winprogs and ist did not work. After a reinstall under c:\programmfiles there was no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Read the tutorial more closely. You don't open the plugin with Paint.NET, you place it in the correct folder. Go back to the first page and follow the tutorial :-)

Does that help?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

So...

I downloaded the pluggins, put them into the right file and restarted paint.net. However I still can't use any of the pluggins....? Any clues?

Which plugins did you try?

Some plugins show up under different menus. For example, the Color Balance effect in my sig shows up under the Adjustments menu, not the Effects menu.

Did you remember to "unblock" them?

Are you running the latest version of Paint.NET?

Many effects will not run on older versions of Paint.NET.

i posted that question because i tried everything the first page says after i do that and open paint it still doesn't show so i go to the effects file in my comp and try and open the plugin but it still doesn't work

Hi. I was trying to download more tools for paint.net and it downloads just fine. The problem is when I try to load it into paint.net it says that "The image type is not reconized, and cannot be opened." My computer is a Microsoft XP if it helps. I've tried everything! help plese? XP

in your effects drop down menu you should find it under the 'Distort' selection sub menu.

or if you installed it while paint.net was open you will have to restart the program.

rendersig1.png

eric

• 2 weeks later...
where do u get the plugins i cant find one to download it

They are all in this Forum section. Choose a plugin topic which sounds appealing and the plugin will have a link on the first post along with description, instructions, and/or screenshots.

Click this example to see what I mean.

4114_8762de6f74ca95766f1d651c3ecd686f

The link to the download may contain '.zip' or '.dll' at the end, so this may help to find it.

Does this clear it up?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

please, don't bite my head off now... but i can't seem to install the plugins (water reflection and panneling). i did everything as described at the beginning - they are in the effects folder, but they don't appear in any of the menus. they aren't blocked, tried that too. the gradients, on the other hand, worked like a charm. what could be the problem? (i'm running v3.08, if that makes any difference, and i'm absolutely retarded for everything computer-related). thank you in advance

i'm running v3.08, if that makes any difference...

It does make a difference. You are required to upgrade to the latest version (v3.20) before we can offer you any assistance. Just go to the Help menu and click Check for Updates.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg