How to Install Plugins ×

dpy's Plugin Pack (2014-05-04)

dpy

• 7 months later...
On 10/11/2019 at 5:40 AM, Vagabondi said:

... I've noticed its menu looking a bit wrong now.

The Russian version of the interface also has bugs.

On 10/11/2019 at 2:42 PM, ReMake said:

It is logical to assume that if the words Cyan, Magenta and Yellow are tied to the left edge, then the words Red, Green and Blue should be aligned to the right ...

I recompiled the effect. This is the same version 1.1 (in my case 1.1.1) with fixed texts and decoration of the interface controls and the addition of help. The effect interface has three languages: English, Russian, and Japanese.

CB_ui_en.png.93e64bcf790f426734b634367014655e.png    CB_ui_ja.png.6082308fc772e31c5d9a97cb59e8c17d.png

The help text for the Japanese version is in English. I would be very grateful if someone from the Japanese-speaking forum members would provide me with the text in Japanese. In this case, I will recompile the effect again.

For paint.net 4.3.2+ only

dpyColorBalancePlus.zip

Edited by ReMake
Updated Help in Japanese
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/25/2009 at 6:28 PM, dpy said:

\program files\Paint.NET\effects

Hi everyone,

I do not have knowledge about the paint.net as well as you do. So you may find my below question a bit strange.

I am a cap producer and one of my clients want to have a cap with his text logo to be embroidered behind the cap in curved form. I have picture of the text straight so I need to bend it to be curved like in below picture:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUWKUfC0VyB41oZOB973WSBsQfb?e=Nr7927

Searching through internet I came across dpy and want to install the plug-in to my paint.net program. I downloaded the file and have it in zip format and see the dll files but don't know where to install them.

So, where is this above file "\program files\Paint.NET\effects"? Where can I paste the dll files of the dpy's plugin? Hope I can receive reply.

Look forward to it... Thanks...

9 minutes ago, Ates said:

Hi everyone,

I do not have knowledge about the paint.net as well as you do. So you may find my below question a bit strange.

I am a cap producer and one of my clients want to have a cap with his text logo to be embroidered behind the cap in curved form. I have picture of the text straight so I need to bend it to be curved like in below picture:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUWKUfC0VyB41oZOB973WSBsQfb?e=Nr7927

Searching through internet I came across dpy and want to install the plug-in to my paint.net program. I downloaded the file and have it in zip format and see the dll files but don't know where to install them.

So, where is this above file "\program files\Paint.NET\effects"? Where can I paste the dll files of the dpy's plugin? Hope I can receive reply.

Look forward to it... Thanks...

Plus, there may be and updated version of the plug-in? Could you kindly share with me the latest version of the pug-in if available? Thanks...

Thank you so much for the respond but I can not see the paint.net in neither C nor D folder although I have got the program running in my computer. :( Why is that happening? Should I delete and reinstall paint.net?

c folder.jpg

d folder.jpg

@Ates
It is apparent that not only are you a 'newbie' to Paint.NET, but also a novice at using the Windows file system. Everything that you need has been delivered to you, but you lack the experience to unpack it.

So this is the breakdown:

Within the 'Programs Files' folder are a grouping of programs that are installed on your system
The sub folder named 'paint.net' contains the files and folders related to 'paint.net'

Within the paint.net sub folder are a nest of sub folders and files needed to run paint.net,

one of which is the 'Effects' folder
Within the 'Effects' folder, you will load your effects plugins
Within the 'FileTypes' folder go plugins related to handling various file types

I hope that this is helpful!

Edited by HyReZ

2 hours ago, HyReZ said:

Within the 'Programs Files' folder are a grouping of programs that are installed on your system
The sub folder named 'paint.net' contains the files and folders related to 'paint.net'

That only applies to the classic version of Paint.NET.

Based on the screenshots in the previous post @Ates is probably using the Microsoft Store version.

The following link is to the Microsoft Store section of Paint.NET's plugin installation help page: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html#4

• Like 2

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 1 year later...

Hi. Does anyone know if this can be downloaded with an automatic installer? I'm looking for the speech bubbles but I can't open a zip. I had this once before but it must have had an installer at the time. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Ellie Amore said:

I'm looking for the speech bubbles but I can't open a zip.

No, this plugin does not have an automatic installer. 

Why can't you open the zip?  There are many free zip openers out there. 

However, @BoltBait does have an automatic downloader and he has "Call outs" which are like speech bubbles.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

On 3/24/2023 at 2:00 AM, Ellie Amore said:

I'm looking for the speech bubbles but I can't open a zip.

With Windows? What happens when you try double-clicking on the ZIP file?

Have you tried right-click > Extract All?

On 3/23/2023 at 10:19 AM, Pixey said:

No, this plugin does not have an automatic installer. 

Why can't you open the zip?  There are many free zip openers out there. 

However, @BoltBait does have an automatic downloader and he has "Call outs" which are like speech bubbles.

Hi Ms Pixey, and thank you. I don't have any experience with zip files and I'm not sure what to do with them. I did however download the zip file and found an option to "open", so I did. There seems to be about 20 or so dil files. I'm sure they need to be put in a PDN folder somewhere but I'm clueless as to where. :)

16 minutes ago, Ellie Amore said:

I'm sure they need to be put in a PDN folder somewhere but I'm clueless as to where. :)

Yes, it's a learning curve when you start to use new software.

Please read through this and remember where you put the .dlls, will depend on whether you have the Classic version, or have the store bought version.

This will cover 'How To' for both versions:  https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 1 month later...

Hi again. I've had the speech bubbles for some time now and use them every day, but I'm in need of thought bubbles now. Just like a speech bubble but with puffy little cotton balls if you know what I mean. lol

Does anyone know of a plugin for thought bubbles. Thank you so much.

@Ellie Amore I whipped up a couple of them until you find something better. These are kinda rough around the edges but will work. Unzip and save the shape files into your Shapes folder.

ThoughtBubbles.zip

Edit: @Ego Eram Reputo I cant believe I didnt see it! I thought it was another callout version and not a thought cloud lol Thanks for pointing it out. My vision is getting bad these days.

Edited by Disk4mat

4 hours ago, Ellie Amore said:

I'm in need of thought bubbles now

You know there's a default shape called Cloud callout? Last on the fourth row.....

ShapeToolsDropdown.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Silly question I'm sure, but where does the installer install to? I've just run it (new machine, so reinstalling PDN + effects) and wherever they are, the effects folder is empty...? I couldn't see a way of checking this in the installer itself. TIA!

Edited by Grotesque
Added essential "n't"...

1 hour ago, Grotesque said:

I couldn't see a way of checking this in the installer itself. TIA!

Are you using the Classic version of paint.net, or the Store bought?

If classic:  OS (C:) – Program Files – Paint.net - Effects.

If store bought:  This PC > Documents > Paint.net App Files

• You're a Smart Cookie! 1

30b8T8B.gif