How to Install Plugins ×

dpy's Plugin Pack (2014-05-04)

dpy

Thanks for the update.

This version is much slower than the previous.

I would suggest :

- to limit the text length to 500 or 1000 that would perhaps give better performance.

- also the reduction ratio of the font should be with decimals as the long text with ratio=1 is too quickly reducing.

I don't mind clipping the number of characters back even more.

I'm not at my personal computer at this time so I don't recall if there is an option to 'repeat' the given text ("Hello" > "HelloHelloHello...."). Would this be an option?

The bold above line is 172 characters including spaces, surely 256 would be enough?

- to limit the text length to 500 or 1000 that would perhaps give better performance.

- also the reduction ratio of the font should be with decimals as the long text with ratio=1 is too quickly reducing.

I'm not at my personal computer at this time so I don't recall if there is an option to 'repeat' the given text ("Hello" > "HelloHelloHello...."). Would this be option?

The bold above line is 172 characters including spaces, surely 256 would be enough?

thank you . your advices are so good for me .

I think also it is 256-500 enough .

The default of reducing and repeat set 1.

Might be better to change the multi-line text box.

I'll also check other text effects.

MadJik , EER

Thank you :D

I feel so dumb. My son showed me how to drag the spiral exe file into Paint and it loaded, but.....it still does not take more than 65 characters or spaces. What am I doing wrong?

Read posts numbered #65 to #68 above.

@dpy is aware of the 64 character limitation and is actively canvasing for a more appropriate (larger) number of characters.

I'm sure he will have an update out quite soon that will allow more characters to be used.

Patience..... :D

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey. Love the plugin pack. But (thers always a but isnt there?) would it be possible to have an inverted circle text option

badge.png

the words "physical fitness" are quite easy to do

the "excellence" not so much-- unless ive missed something

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

Hey. Love the plugin pack. But (thers always a but isnt there?) would it be possible to have an inverted circle text option

badge.png

the words "physical fitness" are quite easy to do

the "excellence" not so much-- unless ive missed something

uncheck "clockwise"

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 4 months later...

Is there any way to only get 1 or 2 of the plugins instead of the whole pack??

Normally what I do, is download the .zip file, and open (not save) it. From there copy only the .dll files that I want out of the pack to the effects directory.

Whoops, sorry Del. I didn't see that you responded already.

Edited by jim100361

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

6th set pack relesed

(add 3/11) source files Attached .

Sorry to be annoying, but I just downloaded the latest version of your pack for my new laptop, and your Black & Alpha+ plugin is not included in the pack. Is there somewhere else I need to download it from? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey, I get this error. Does anybody know what this means?

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\WaveText.dll

Name: WaveTextEffect.WaveTextEffectPlugin

Version: 1.2.4415.32811

Author: dpy

Copyright: Copyright © dpy

Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: Er is een generieke fout opgetreden in GDI+.

bij System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)

bij System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawString(String s, Font font, Brush brush, RectangleF layoutRectangle, StringFormat format)

bij System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawString(String s, Font font, Brush brush, Single x, Single y)

bij WaveTextEffect.WaveTextEffectPlugin.Render(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle rect)

bij WaveTextEffect.WaveTextEffectPlugin.OnRender(Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

bij PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(Rectangle[] renderRects, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:regel 57

bij PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:regel 100

bij PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Effects\Effect.cs:regel 211

bij PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:regel 169

--- Einde van intern uitzonderingsstackpad ---

bij PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:regel 374

bij PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:regel 330

bij PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:regel 277

bij PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<>c__DisplayClass21.<RunEffectImpl>b__10() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:regel 827

Thank you for reporting error

However, this report I just can not be resolved.

Did you trying to do?

GDI + is very useful, however, is very complex.

I might need the help of someone.

You might need to set the EffectFlag.SingleThreaded flag as GDI+ does not work with multiple threads.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait