How to Install Plugins ×

dpy's Plugin Pack (2014-05-04)

dpy

• 1 month later...

Thank you for these usefull plugins.

Could you please add option to select or change the colors (primary or secondary) inside your Text plugins ? It will be more usefull to change from plugin , than to cancel the apply of plugin and go back to main paint.net window and change colors and apply plugin again. I hope you can add this little feature in your next plugin release. In general it is always better to have "color","brush with" etc setting configurable from the plugin window itself.

Also there is always need for to write something on the screen in exact X-Y coordinates. Could you please make a plugin for this purpose. As you have the program codes for text plugings, it will be very easy for you to make this simple but usefull plugin.

Example : "Hello , This is a test message" on X : 300 , Y : 240

Regards

Hi frmys

Thank you for the suggestions.

Could you please add option to select or change the colors (primary or secondary) inside your Text plugins ?

It's easy.

However, since the UI is too long, that option was not added.

if many people want it , i might add it next time.

Also there is always need for to write something on the screen in exact X-Y coordinates. Could you please make a plugin for this purpose.

I have a plan to publish the plug-in for the placement of text.

Now ,although only in Japan, I have published a plug-in for placing character of japanese.

Text+ http://paintnet.web....py/textplus.htm

It can be specified in pixels between line spacing and character.

This plug-in also can use horizontal writing .

But now , in the other font(non-japanese font), they are not positioned correctly sometimes.

I would like to be able to use many fonts.

And I would like to add the option of numeric input of the coordinates XY .

Hi Dpy ,

Thanks for your kind reply.

I hope you can implement to change color inside the plugin for the next plugin release. Just main color palatte or input boxes for RGB values can be also fine . Maybe you can make the plugin gui wider instead of making it only to grow vertically. Each text line can have the independent settings next to text input box.

For the plugin placement, i have a something to say.

Please imagine that you have created 20 boxes or grids on the screen and you want to write simple things over each box (such as numbers or names. When you start to write " 1 2 3 ..... 10 11.....20" in text box , you loose the symmetry and the text does not match the boxes . Only there are 4 ways to adjust

1. You put extra spaces between numbers to make better matching locations for to achieve a better line spacing

2. You change the font size

3. You change pitch but does not help always. It is not lineer or looks like logaritmic and you loose again the matching of the locations.

4. To use fonts which has fixed sizes for all fonts such as "type writer" or "led" fonts ("W" and "I" have size space-size in this kind of fonts) .

Please make something in your pluging that line spacing is handled better than "pitch". This is needed for both horizontal and vertical placement of text.

And also please make a standalone pluging for placement of text can be defined and can be surrounded like a border (we are familiar from MS Word and Excel , such as "1 thin-1 thick-1 thin" line). This can be usefull cor creating banner with borders. Maybe you can have 5-6 predefined border patterns and also ability for use of some fonts (graphical -drawing- shape based fonts such as webdings) which can enable of making cool and imaginative banners.

Thanks for your evertything.

Regards.

All my plug-ins are made using the CodeLab.

http://forums.getpai...advanced-users/

UI made ​​by CodeLab can not be customized.

Priority to change the color of text in a plug-in is low for me.

When you use the text plug-in, please draw in black or white to a new layer.

Use such as a curve, you can change the color at any time.

The new text plug-in , it will coming soon.

It may be different from what you want, it has the option to change color.

(I do not know english well.

My "Word" is japanese version.

I do not know "thin".

This is using the WEB translation.)

149387261_org.v1345205311.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/26045-invalid-parameter/#entry387486

I'm not sure if this really was a problem with the plugin because I've never seen a plugin crash without a log. However, BoltBait locked the thread, so here I am...

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/26045-invalid-parameter/#entry387486

I'm not sure if this really was a problem with the plugin because I've never seen a plugin crash without a log. However, BoltBait locked the thread, so here I am...

It was a real shame to hear that your work has been lost.

BoltBate judgment is correct.
Because, trouble happened with my plug-ins.
But, unfortunately, I do not know the cause.
Please tell me the situation you are having trouble.

OS, PDNVer, plug-in Ver, canvas size, (*** x *** px)

My PC
I using OS WinXp sp3 (32bit 2GB), Win7 (32bit 4GB), Win7 (64bit 8GB)
I am not using Win8

PDN Ver 3.5.10 only

I do not know whether I will be able to resolve this problem in my skills. 

(Maybe you know , sorry, my english is no good) 

Windows 7 64 bit

6GB RAM

AMD A8-3510MX processor

Image size 1500x2000 px

PDN Version 3.5.10

Plugin pack Version 7

I was simply running the plugin on default settings as I've done hundreds of times, so I have no idea what happened.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Windows 7 64 bit

6GB RAM

AMD A8-3510MX processor

Image size 1500x2000 px

PDN Version 3.5.10

Plugin pack Version 7

I was simply running the plugin on default settings as I've done hundreds of times, so I have no idea what happened.

I tried Various, I could not get the same results.
However, your pdn crashed. It is the truth and I believe.
Now, I was not able to determine the cause,
Thank you for your report.

If we had De Lorean・・・

• 8 months later...

To my knowledge, dpy hasn't written a plugin by that name.  Are you sure that is the correct filename?

I came across it here: <snip> but am hoping for a little more assurance that I have the most current version.

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Removed link.

Ah. That's your problem. You're finding/downloading stuff from a site which illegally pirates plugins and redistributes them.

Avoid them like the plague!

The only safe place to download plugins is this forum - or from links posted here by the plugin author.

If you go and view the Plugin Index you'll find links to every plugin created for paint.net.  You should be able to find the plugin in that list.  The pdf and ebook versions of the Plugin Index are free to download and contain even more information on each plugin. 

To  AncestryInsider

Thank you

Yes , I was distributed  the channel mixer in my site at past.(only Japan)
But , it was the practice of plugin , when I started making the plug-in.
It is over.
There is no new version, and it does not even support.
As EER written, my official plugins  are only here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey! i was searching for round text plugin and founded AA's Asistant plugin.

So i have registered here and want to say T_H_A_N_K_S_!_! for the author.

1382652747137.jpg

This plugin is masterpiece!!!

Edited by EmCUnit

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...