How to Install Plugins ×

dpy's Plugin Pack (2014-05-04)

dpy

thank you for comment.

The best I can figure is that the pack only uses the TTF fonts I have, but not the OTF. Is there a fix for this?

I know why my plugin can't use OTF .

my plugin uses GDI+ .

GDI+ can not use OTF (PDN3.5 use GDI that can use OTF)

(GDI or GDI+ is the one of the programs for Windows.)

Why I do not use GDI ?

1. I am xp user . (Though I have win7 ,too) I am thinking GDI+ is good for xp user .

about GDI and GDI+ for Text this thread

2. I do not know whether the C# Text method for GDI is suitable for this effect .

(I remember that I did not use it because there were some problems.)

But , for PDN4.0 , someday I must rewrite the all plugin's sources .

At the time , I will fix it , if possible .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im currently using your speech bubble plugins and I have to say that is totally awesome, but you should add a option that lets you freely move th e bubble's tail, I find it difficult to point the tail to the character that is talking.

Im currently using your speech bubble plugins and I have to say that is totally awesome, but you should add a option that lets you freely move th e bubble's tail, I find it difficult to point the tail to the character that is talking.

Have you tried to use the marquee select tool around the tail of the bubble, and then expand it by dragging one of the nubs?

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

• 1 month later...

I received a email of my plug-in trouble 1 week ago.

However, I was not able to confirm the problem.

Please tell me , if someone knows the same trouble or method to solve the problem.

Another F-ing confusion to boggle the mind....I downloaded your effects 5-pack which includes the "distortion correction" tool i (and many other Paint.net users) need, but after i unzipped it and tried to add it to my Paint.net program, this message appears on the Paint.net interface :

"The image type is not recognized and cannot be opened."

Apparently the "image type" referred to is this F-ing ".dll " format.

So, HOW are others successfully (?) adding this to Paint.net ???

I believe that the user is trying to open the .dll file with Paint.NET.

Of course the file needs to be copy/pasted into the Effects folder, not opened.

=====================================

Have the person post a help request in this thread:

Edited by Sarkut

And watch his f-ing language!

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

The user is trying to open the *.dll file, and/or has their file associations messed up. Paint.Net should not be used to open *.dll files in that way.

Tell him/her to read the plugin Installation Guide, and simply move the *.dll into the Paint.Net/Effects folder.

Note: If someone sent me an email filled with that sort of language I'd be most displeased with them - and let them know it boltbait.mad.png .

Edit: Beaten by everyone - serves me right for not checking the latest post!

I believe that the user is trying to open the .dll file with Paint.NET.

Of course the file needs to be copy/pasted into the Effects folder, not opened.

=====================================

the file needs to be copy/pasted into the Effects folder

Edited by Martel
martelshiney300-1.pngbleeping12.png

@Martel: Please post in english (rule #22). You are free to PM in any language you prefer, but activity on the forum must be restricted to english.

Sounded like the emailler had a sound grasp of english swearing at least boltbait.smile.png .

Sorry bout that EER

The previous post was

First part...

The reason the person who private messaged you is cussing may be because is frustrated with not knowing how to use the plug in.

Tell the person to post a help request in paint.Net Forum tell them to post the question in the forum.

Second part

Tell the person the answer is

the file needs to be copy/pasted into the Effects folder

And yes, The e-mailer has very sound English espically cussing, I was just trying to facilitate matters. :red:

martelshiney300-1.pngbleeping12.png

• 3 months later...

Good Afternoon

I have just downloaded this pack but I haven´t been able to use it. I have already unzipped it and pasted the files in the Effects folder but they don´t appear in Paint.NET Programme. Can you please help me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Which are you having trouble with?

If correctly installed, the text plugins should appear under the Effects > Text Formations submenu. If they don't appear there, or that submenu is not present, try checking for plugin load errors under Utilities > View Plugin Load Errors.

Metalize appears under Effects > Photo submenu - but there are more plugins in this pack.

Also make sure you've restarted Paint.NET after installing the plugins, and that you're using the latest version of Paint.NET (3.5.6 at this time).

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

My problem is tha none of the plugins appear. I have the latest version and yes, I started Paint.Net after installing them.

The language has something to do with this? Because I downloaded the spanish version. Also the option View Plugin Load errors appears in gray letters (desactivated)

Maybe I installed them incorrectly. boltbait.sad.png

Sounds like you did. Can you post a screenshot of your Effects folder (would be great if the path was also visible)?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

First of all - Love the plugin.

Any chance of getting support for Trajan Pro OR Orator Std fonts? They appear in my text dropdown but not the plugins.

Thanks,

P.

Fonts are not installed into Paint.NET (or any of the plugins) and should not appear in any of its folders. Paint.NET uses the fonts installed in your Windows OS as long as they are True Type fonts (.ttf) and not Open Type fonts.

If you’re not sure which type your favourite fonts are, go to the Windows Control Panel, open your Fonts folder and right click -> Properties on the fonts in question.

Or, it could be easier (and quicker) to try and see. Select the text tool, use the drop down list to find the font you like and type. If the fonts work with the standard text tool, they should work with the plugin too.

Xkds4Lh.png

• 3 months later...

hallo everyone

I received a request to increase the number of the characters In a spiral text,

As a test , I increased it to maximum that I could set from 64 characters, 32767.

spiral text1.3 beta here.

I do not know how many hours you take it if you handle 36767 character.

and so , I ask all of you.

Is the maximum that a program permits good?

or

I think about the realistic processing time and should have a limit ?

btw ,

It is 165 that he need number of characters

edit 2011/5/22 file delete