Glossy Web 2.0 Style Text

CyberSpace

Oh, thanks. I didn't even know there was a real "transparency" mode, I was just using a blue and a full transparent on a Gradient. This is the first tutorial I've had trouble with that I haven't figured out myself.

Anyways, here is my result.

JOELGlossyWebText.png

I personally think I should've been using all the Effects on Anti-Elias, but, I didn't think of it, so, it's a little pixely (if that is even a word) now. Also, there's too much white on the top and bottom, but I'm too lazy to upload it to Photobucket again.

Agree about the pixelization. Apart from that, it's a very nice job.

• Like 1

Agree about the pixelization.

Anyways, the only places the pixelization is clearly visible without looking for it is in the bottom of the photo, although I do not see why it isn't on the top.

Edited by Darthpyro

Firstly Adel, very good outcome! I like your choice of colour & font.

Doogiski, a great outcome - different but I like it.

Darthpyro, there is pixelation at the top part of the "o". Using a canvas 4 times the size of the finished product, keeping in mind that most of the tutes use the default size & therefore you may have to experiment with the setting on the plugins. Starting out with a bigger image & using Gaussian Blur @ 2 will give you a better result. If you do a search for DPI & you by David Atwell, you will understand how it works.

• Like 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I am assuming you meant "from". Im a grammar and spelling freak.

Usually I am too, but you can tell when I'm in a hurry boltbait.big_smile.png Fixed.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

I can't understand anything about step 2 or step 3. This sucks...boltbait.roll.png So confusing! Worst tutorial ever because i cant understand a <darned> thing!

I'm doing everything like in the tutorial but still not working!! Is my paint working incorrectly?

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Not even ascii swearing
lambo_paint_net_by_thesuperfantti-d4siz52.jpg

It's working correctly. Trust me. Others have managed it over the last two years without problems.

Now set aside the hysterics and simply tell us what it is that you're having trouble with.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...