Photo

BlendModes Plus v2.3.5 (3/24/10)

128 replies to this topic

#101 frandaman

frandaman
  • Newbies
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:27 AM

BlendMode is working fine. It's the operator that's not doing it right.

Let's say you want layer A to "blend" with layer B. Highlight and click on layer A, CTRL+A (to select all), and CTRL+C (to copy). Then highlight and click on layer B. Run Effect>Tools>BlendMode. Click on "Copy from Clipboard" option. Select linear dodge from the list. Click ok. Done.

wow thanks dude this si wat the thread starter shouldve said wat an idiot.

thanks dude this is awsome/

#102 Rick Brewster

Rick Brewster

Paint.NET Author and Developer

• Administrators
  • 13,551 posts
  • LocationKirkland, WA

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:48 AM

... wat an idiot.

Be nice.
The Paint.NET Blog: http://blog.getpaint.net/
Donations are always appreciated! http://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

Posted Image

#103 simon007

simon007
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

How do you install this PLUGIN

There are 2 links

Download the PLUGIN and SOURCE?

What is the organiser?

#104 Ego Eram Reputo

Ego Eram Reputo

2013 Proton Award Winner

• Moderators
  • 7,750 posts
  • LocationNorth Canterbury, New Zealand

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

You don't need the source unless you're a programmer.

For help with installing plugins, try here: http://forums.getpai...hooting-thread/

#105 Zombie Stew

Zombie Stew
  • Newbies
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

I love blend modes. If photoshop offered custom blend modes I'd run out and buy it... that's how much I love the idea

Does your plugin offer only more modes or a way for user desined mode?

In either case can someone with a copy of my native paint.net format file benefit from the blendmode **without** having to install your plugin? somehow embedding into file? if not this is a feature suggestion

#106 frmys

frmys
  • Newbies
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

Thanks for this amazing plugin.

I have tested with 2 different photos ( actually 4 in total , 2 background and 2 for blending) , Vivid Light and Stamp blending looks exactly the same.

Could you please check if there is a bug?

Regards

#107 KetchupKid

KetchupKid
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Just what I was looking for but I need similar functionality from within Paint.net to use on an already loaded image I am editing. I'll keep looking. :unimpressed:

L. Glorfindel

#108 Jemcrystal

Jemcrystal
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Do I have to have the organizer or will plugins work without it?  Where does the organizer go, in effects???  When I tried to change the organizer's shortcut icon to something attractive it kept opening the organizer and screwing my desktop up; flashing, disappearing tray sections on desktop.  

#109 piblow

piblow
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

I'm not sure why this isn't in Paint.NET as a standard layer option, but its not. It should be added to this plugin.

Bitwise AND 

It would make creating masks so much simpler. 

#110 CSKKILLER

CSKKILLER
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

i have no clue hot to use it or find it or how to install it or what it dose.i downloaded it opened it then opened paint then looked for it but found nothing?

i tryed to copy this but dont c this anywere (Run Effect>Tools>BlendMode)

Let's say you want layer A to "blend" with layer B. Highlight and click on
layer A, CTRL+A (to select all), and CTRL+C (to copy). Then highlight
and click on layer B. Run Effect>Tools>BlendMode. Click on "Copy
from Clipboard" option. Select linear dodge from the list. Click ok.
Done.

#111 DrewDale

DrewDale
  • Competition Hosts
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationDenham.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Download the zip folder, open the zip, click on blend mode organizer  If you want all the blend modes, click on save and then open up pdn, Remember to copy the blendmode.dll to your paint.net effects folder first ;)

Edited by DrewDale, 18 March 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#112 Hussein Horack

Hussein Horack
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the Rainbow!`

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Woo! My Mum has PS, but I have a fully plug'd Paint.NET! XD

sgs0xgu.png

I play lots of Minecraft, (Minecraft.net), only 'creative mode' though. View my 'builds' and other stuff here: planetminecraft.com/member/fighterbear12  :smile:

#113 Spair

Spair
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

Does the organizer have to be copied to the effects folder, a sub-folder, or somewhere else? The pop-up dialog states that its publisher is Microsoft.

I wish we'd all been ready.

#114 Ego Eram Reputo

Ego Eram Reputo

2013 Proton Award Winner

• Moderators
  • 7,750 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:56 AM

The standalone executable allows you to select which of the blend modes you want to have available.  It's not required for the plugin to operate and should be able to be run from elsewhere on your system (hint place it somewhere you can find it).

#115 Spair

Spair
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

The standalone executable allows you to select which of the blend modes you want to have available.  It's not required for the plugin to operate and should be able to be run from elsewhere on your system (hint place it somewhere you can find it).

It's fine only if it's stored in the same memory disk, right?

I wish we'd all been ready.

#116 Ego Eram Reputo

Ego Eram Reputo

2013 Proton Award Winner

• Moderators
  • 7,750 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

Yes. fine..

#117 Ego Eram Reputo

Ego Eram Reputo

2013 Proton Award Winner

• Moderators
  • 7,750 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

Why not Adjustments > Brightness & Contrast?

#118 Painterryu

Painterryu
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

What does the Phoenix blend do?

#119 ftlog666

ftlog666
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

Bug: If the clipboard does not contain an image, there is a valid file path in the textbox, and the user selects the clipboard option, the plugin will crash.

If the image from the clipboard or file is a different size than the layer, it will be stretched to fit the whole layer. This, I think, should be optional and also respect selections. That is, if the stretching is enabled, it should stretch to the selection rather than the whole layer.

Also, an option to position the fake layer would be nice.

~yep~ mine crashes every time - hve sent crash reports - no answer yet.

#120 ftlog666

ftlog666
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:10 AM

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\BlendModesPlus.dll
      Effect Name: BlendModesPlus.EffectPlugin
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Byte PaintDotNet.Utility.ClampToByte(Single)'.
   at BlendModesPlus.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect.cs:line 186
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 161
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 143
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 135
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 229
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 431
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 387
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass36.<RunEffectImpl>b__25() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 1026

could someone please explain this for me ....many thanks