#41 h3llb0yn3cr0

h3llb0yn3cr0
  • Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:38 PM

This is fantastic. I'm getting it NOW!
Signature pending.

Until then feel free to criticize my current signature by PMing me.

#42 LJXD

LJXD
  • Members
  • 891 posts
  • LocationSpringfield

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:54 AM

Thanks guys!
Sorry LJXD, but I don't think a blend mode like that would work.

Hey man it's totally alright. I have limited experience with VB studio so you never know I may try it myself, there has to be a way. I hope. :)

Thanks for the constant updates and stuff.

#43 Kemaru

Kemaru
  • Members
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationFinland.

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:59 AM

Hey you should add a screenshot of the plugin UI by the way. :)

2nu0s2t.png

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
musicbar.php?username=Kemaru&color=green
|blog|

#44 Lance McKnight

Lance McKnight
  • Members
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:15 PM

I had been wondering when someone would create a plugin to mimic Photoshop's and Gimp's blending modes. Hopefully, Rick would be able to use some of this to incorporate it into PDN at some point in the future.

Excellent job, ap! Give yourself some :mtdew: for a job well done. And make more plugins! :mrgreen:

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

#45 APShredder

APShredder
  • Members
  • 1,319 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:20 PM

Hey you should add a screenshot of the plugin UI by the way. :)

Done.

And make more plugins! :mrgreen:

Don't worry, I plan to. :wink:

#46 barkbark00

barkbark00
  • Members
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:53 AM

I skimmed the last 3 pages and didn't see this requested yet:

Load from clipboard...
Posted Image
Take responsibility for your own intelligence. ;) -Rick Brewster

#47 APShredder

APShredder
  • Members
  • 1,319 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:42 PM

I thought about doing something like that before, but just never got around to it. I see what I can do later today.

#48 Neil Cassidy

Neil Cassidy
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:14 AM

Hi APShredder,

Often I want to compare two layers A and B, yielding a third layer C which contains the signed differences between the respective pixels of A and B. The Difference blend mode in Paint.NET only gives the absolute difference, so I lose information about whether the pixel from the top layer was brighter than the pixel from the bottom, or the other way around.

Difference blend mode: C(x,y,channel) = |A(x,y,channel) - B(x,y,channel)|
Signed difference: C(x,y,channel) = [A(x,y,channel) - B(x,y,channel)] / 2 + 127.5

Technically this can be done with built-in blend modes, Invert Colors, and Levels. But it's a ten-step process :(

Could you potentially add this to BlendModes Plus? I'd be grateful! I can upload an example of the intended effect later, if you need one.

Segment Image : Average Color (HSL) : Eigen Blur : []
Cool, new forum!

#49 Rail Tracer

Rail Tracer
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:22 AM

This is really fun to play with, and even more fun to legitimately alter pictures with.

I'll have to make an obligatory "Will it Blend?" parody video.

#50 APShredder

APShredder
  • Members
  • 1,319 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:09 PM

@Neil Cassidy - I don't see why not! I'll try working on it later tonight, but could you do me a favor, and upload an example of what it should look like. Thanks!

@Rail Tracer - Thanks! And if you do make that video, send me the link. That's something I'd like to see.

#51 Neil Cassidy

Neil Cassidy
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:43 AM

Thanks for agreeing to help! My current procedure gives the wrong result for color images (unless it's run individually on each channel). It takes almost 40 operations to get the correct result in Paint.NET. It should only be a few lines of C#.

Cool, new forum!

#52 yy10

yy10
  • Members
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:40 AM

Wow...WTF. I haven't noticed this until now. But it's awesome! Great job! You can be the blend modes master. LOL

deviantART

sigs n stuff

#53 Lego

Lego
  • Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:24 AM

Got em!
This will be AMAZING - Blend modes are my near favorite part of PDN. Thanks! ^^

Posted Image
Lego's deviantART.
La De Da...

#54 APShredder

APShredder
  • Members
  • 1,319 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:13 PM

UPDATE: Copy from clipboard feature added, Signed Difference blend mode added.

#55 Simon Brown

Simon Brown
  • Members
  • 10,251 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:30 PM

Several problems (v3.5 Stable on Windows 7 64bit):

--
Clicking the text copy image to clipboard doesn't select the radiobutton (seems illogical given that radiobuttons can have text).

--
Repro: Load an image and switch to clipboard mode.

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\BlendModesPlus.dll
      Effect Name: BlendModesPlus.EffectPlugin
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at BlendModesPlus.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect.cs:line 163
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 156
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 332
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 301
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 261
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass18.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<RunEffectImpl>b__d() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 735

--
Repro: Copy something to the clipboard, click copy image to clipboard, wait for it to render, copy another image, switch to file mode and back.

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\BlendModesPlus.dll
      Effect Name: BlendModesPlus.EffectPlugin
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Coordinates out of range, max={Width=863, Height=539}
Parameter name: (x,y)
Actual value was {X=0,Y=540}.
   at PaintDotNet.Surface.get_Item(Int32 x, Int32 y) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Surface.cs:line 949
   at BlendModesPlus.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect.cs:line 163
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.Renderer(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 127
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 332
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 301
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 261
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass18.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<RunEffectImpl>b__d() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 735

Posted Image

#56 pyrochild

pyrochild
  • Administrators
  • 11,487 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:35 PM

Bug: If the clipboard does not contain an image, there is a valid file path in the textbox, and the user selects the clipboard option, the plugin will crash.

If the image from the clipboard or file is a different size than the layer, it will be stretched to fit the whole layer. This, I think, should be optional and also respect selections. That is, if the stretching is enabled, it should stretch to the selection rather than the whole layer.

Also, an option to position the fake layer would be nice.
xZYt6wl.png
ambigram signature by Kemaru

[I write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

#57 APShredder

APShredder
  • Members
  • 1,319 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:44 PM

Thanks for the error reports guys. I'll probably have them fixed by tomorrow afternoon.

EDIT: Nevermind. They should be fixed now. And I'll try working on the resizing and placement things later.

#58 Neil Cassidy

Neil Cassidy
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:45 PM

"Signed Difference" works great, APShredder. Thanks very much!

Cool, new forum!

#59 APShredder

APShredder
  • Members
  • 1,319 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:12 PM

No problem. :wink:

#60 Wilson

Wilson
  • Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:17 PM

You just keep adding more and more blend modes, don't you? :wink:

Love them all!

Got any other ideas for amazing plugins?