How to Install Plugins ×

BlendModes Plus v2.3.5 (3/24/10)

APShredder

Wow, thank you so much for this. I was wondering, is there any way of including a blend mode that could supersede the How to Clone Yourself tutorial. For example, any pixels on the top layer that are the same colour as the bottom layer become transparent, and the rest stay normal. PM me if you don't understand. Thanks :)

Thanks for the plug-in in any case, it is a very important plug-in for Paint.NET. Like Shape 3D, Feather and Smudge.

Wow, thank you so much for this. I was wondering, is there any way of including a blend mode that could supersede the How to Clone Yourself tutorial. For example, any pixels on the top layer that are the same colour as the bottom layer become transparent, and the rest stay normal. PM me if you don't understand. Thanks :)

I'm not sure how easy it'd be to align the photos in a way that you'd get a good result.

KaHuc.png

I was wondering, is there any way of including a blend mode that could supersede the How to Clone Yourself tutorial. For example, any pixels on the top layer that are the same colour as the bottom layer become transparent, and the rest stay normal.

I could try to whip something up. Just me a day or two and I'll see what I can do.

For example, any pixels on the top layer that are the same colour as the bottom layer become transparent, and the rest stay normal.

...otherwise known as the "normal" blend mode. :roll:

Except that unlike PDN's blend modes, this plugin actually modifies the image so it would effectively be a three-way merge.

KaHuc.png

That's crazy stuff man, I wonder why this hadn't been thought of before.

Awesome plugin, I will definitely be trying this out in the near future.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

...otherwise known as the "normal" blend mode. :roll:

I'm not an idiot. I'll give you an example and use these two images.

Hidden Content:
ex1sa.png

Notice the windows are at different locations.

This is an example of "Normal" blend mode on both BlendmodePlus and vanilla blend modes and there's also the average blend mode which is sort of what I mean but not really.

Hidden Content:
ex2xk.jpg

This is what I mean

Hidden Content:
trueblend.jpg

Notice the boxes don't blend at all (unlike Average in BlendmodePlus) one is over the top of the other.

Hope you understand now, thanks for you efforts APShredder. Much appreciated

And, what you are describing with pictures is impossible.

Unless you do a three way merge, although i'm not sure how well this would work:

// Pseudocode
CurrentPixel.A = (byte)CurrentPixel.Compare(BlendTarget[x,y]);

KaHuc.png

@LJXD:

Thanks for the plug-in in any case, it is a very important plug-in for Paint.NET. Like Shape 3D, Feather and Smudge.

You could try duplicating the layer with your clone, changing the blend mode of the other layer to Lighten and to Darken on the other one.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Thanks guys!

@LJXD - I've been working on that blend mode you asked about, but it might take a bit longer then expected.

EDIT: Sorry LJXD, but I don't think a blend mode like that would work. I've tried a bunch of stuff, plus I've tried the code Simon was talking about, and nothing really works. I think BoltBait was right about this one. Sorry. :oops:

EDIT #2: UPDATE: Vivid Light blend mode added.

This is fantastic. I'm getting it NOW!

Signature pending.

Until then feel free to criticize my current signature by PMing me.

Thanks guys!

Sorry LJXD, but I don't think a blend mode like that would work.

Hey man it's totally alright. I have limited experience with VB studio so you never know I may try it myself, there has to be a way. I hope. :)

Thanks for the constant updates and stuff.

I had been wondering when someone would create a plugin to mimic Photoshop's and Gimp's blending modes. Hopefully, Rick would be able to use some of this to incorporate it into PDN at some point in the future.

Excellent job, ap! Give yourself some :mtdew: for a job well done. And make more plugins! :mrgreen:

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

I skimmed the last 3 pages and didn't see this requested yet:

Load from clipboard...

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Hi APShredder,

Often I want to compare two layers A and B, yielding a third layer C which contains the signed differences between the respective pixels of A and B. The Difference blend mode in Paint.NET only gives the absolute difference, so I lose information about whether the pixel from the top layer was brighter than the pixel from the bottom, or the other way around.

Difference blend mode: C(x,y,channel) = |A(x,y,channel) - B(x,y,channel)|

Signed difference: C(x,y,channel) = [A(x,y,channel) - B(x,y,channel)] / 2 + 127.5

Technically this can be done with built-in blend modes, Invert Colors, and Levels. But it's a ten-step process :(

Could you potentially add this to BlendModes Plus? I'd be grateful! I can upload an example of the intended effect later, if you need one.

Segment Image : Average Color (HSL) : Eigen Blur : []

Cool, new forum!

@Neil Cassidy - I don't see why not! I'll try working on it later tonight, but could you do me a favor, and upload an example of what it should look like. Thanks!

@Rail Tracer - Thanks! And if you do make that video, send me the link. That's something I'd like to see.