How to Install Plugins ×

Plugin for creation of anaglyphs (stereo pictures)

Itso

[updated - Version 1.1 is now published with fixing of the crashes]

Anaglyph11.zip

At http://anaglyph.netne.net/ you can found a plugin for creations of anaglyphs (stereo pictures) as well as Tutorial and Help.

You can found more info here - Anaglyph image (Wiki this)

Example - Alcatraz (Google Earth (Wiki this) is used as a source) - red/cyan glasses:

AlcatrazRCt.jpg

Same image for blue/magenta glasses:

AlcatrazGMt.jpg

Click on the pictures for bigger images.

Please send your questions to this thread only.

Hello everybody ... :roll:

First try of your plugin and first crash.

I use PDN 3.50.3561.34659 and you can find the error above ...

Hidden Content:
Fichier : C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Anaglyph.dll

Nom d'effet : Anaglyph.EffectPlugin

Message d'erreur: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: Une erreur générique s'est produite dans GDI+.

à System.Drawing.Bitmap.UnlockBits(BitmapData bitmapdata)

à Anaglyph.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

à PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect.cs:ligne 162

à PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.Renderer(EffectConfigToken token) dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:ligne 126

--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---

à PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:ligne 328

à PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join() dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:ligne 319

à PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.DoEffect(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, PdnRegion selectedRegion, PdnRegion regionToRender, Surface originalSurface, Exception& exception) dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:ligne 1254

Sorry but I use french version ... :oops:

I hope this report will be helpfull.

Perhaps you could put this plugin here or use a direct link to download page, because I had to search on your site to find it. :?

Have a good day. :D

Click Ctrl+Minus (to decrease the view size) before using of the plugin - usual this hepls. I still have no idea why this happaned sometime. If works I will add this to help.

I just tried your suggested method ......

091004055202271476.jpg

And if If try to cancel, PDN crashes too ... :?

In fact, it always crashes ... :roll:

I use :

• Windows Vista Home Edition SP2
    AMD Athlon X2, 2,6 Ghz
    4 Go RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT

I get crashes too (Win XP). Error details are;

File: C:\Program Files\Media\Paint.NET\Effects\Anaglyph.dll

Effect Name: Anaglyph.EffectPlugin

Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

at System.Drawing.Bitmap.UnlockBits(BitmapData bitmapdata)

at Anaglyph.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderImpl()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join()

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

Don't know what plugin to use? Try looking in the plugin gallery

• 2 weeks later...

The version 1.1 is now published! The problem with crashes is now solved (I believe!) Please download the new version. Big thanks to all the guys who leave comments!

Hello everybody ... :D

Thanks very much for this new version of your plugin.

It works perfectly well now, even using PDN 3.50 beta, under Windows Seven.

This is my first test and i think it looks great ! :mrgreen:

091019113340875888.png

Could it be possible to use another way to download this plugin than searching on your site, please ?

Juste because it's not easy at all to find it for anybody, me as well ... :oops:

Have a good day ... :)

Could it be possible to use another way to download this plugin than searching on your site, please ?

Juste because it's not easy at all to find it for anybody, me as well ... :oops:

I believe it is easy to find the "Download" page now ;-)

BTW - an interesting way to use the plugin ;-)

@Itso: Zip the *.dll file and attach it directly to the first post, that way everyone will find it easily. :wink:

Sorry but i had a bug while using this plugin.

• [*:378y96gh] I opened a new image sized 2816 X 2112 pixels.
    [*:378y96gh] I selected both two images in the same size.
    [*:378y96gh] The effect started and stopped exactly at the vertical middle of the creation.
    [*:378y96gh] I tried clicking OK.
    [*:378y96gh] A bug window opened.

Here is the text :

Hidden Content:

Message d'erreur: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau.

à Anaglyph.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

à PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect.cs:ligne 162

à PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.Renderer(EffectConfigToken token) dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:ligne 126

à PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:ligne 328

à PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join() dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:ligne 319

à PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.DoEffect(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, PdnRegion selectedRegion, PdnRegion regionToRender, Surface originalSurface, Exception& exception) dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:ligne 1254

I hope this will help you to find the reason why this bug happened... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but i had a bug while using this plugin.

• [*:3vboz8d0] I opened a new image sized 2816 X 2112 pixels.
    [*:3vboz8d0] I selected both two images in the same size.
    [*:3vboz8d0] The effect started and stopped exactly at the vertical middle of the creation.
    [*:3vboz8d0] I tried clicking OK.
    [*:3vboz8d0] A bug window opened.

Here is the text :

Hidden Content:

Message d'erreur: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau.

I hope this will help you to find the reason why this bug happened... :)

I've tried to reproduce the error many times, but without success. I've tried JPEG and PNG, the discussed size and even bigger, but without issues.

It seems the problem is somewhere inside PDN - I had exceptions when just work with big (really big!) files in PDN.

Which picture format you have used? May be this happened only with specific formats?

That was the perfect question to ask, to know what's the problem with. :!:

In fact, this happens only if one of the images is a PNG.

I often use this format and just tried again three different ways :

• [*:te0nw044] PNG + JPG = Bug
    [*:te0nw044] PNG + PNG = Bug
    [*:te0nw044] JPG + JPG = No bug - Everything's good

Sorry not to have thought about this earlier ... :oops:

I just tried again, after editing and registering my two images on PNG format with PDN, Depth color automatically detected.

Then I tried again the plugin and the bug happens again ...

Hidden Content:

à PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect.cs:ligne 163

à PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:ligne 332

à PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join() dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:ligne 323

à PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:ligne 300

à PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:ligne 260

à PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass18.<>c__DisplayClass1c.b__d() dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:ligne 735

I'm using PDN 3.50.3591 on Windows Seven Pro, version 7600 (test).

• 10 months later...
  • 8 years later...

I still have this plugin in my Effects folder.
(Anaglyph.dll)
Here is how I used it on one of mixed media art works.
Dig out your anaglyph glasses.
(Currently the links are broken for this thread.)

Space_Girl_3D2.jpg

Edited by HyReZ