[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

• 4 weeks later...

Obviously due to the upcoming arrival of Santa and all things festive. Folk are occupied with other things, so I have extended this weeks sig of the week (Manga / Animee) until December 30. Same deadline time (7PM UK Time) Time conversion in entry thread. Hope to see a few more entries after the mince pies have been eaten :D 

• Upvote 3

BREtKQW.png

Many thanks @Drew - I'm down with a bug too so have been quite tied-up.  Hope you have a great Christmas and New Year smileys-weihnachten-360253.gif

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again due to low turn out in this weeks SOTW Manga / Animee comp, I will extend it for one more week only (Jan 6) Will take it from there to see if there are enough entries to set up the poll. There is not much interest in SOTW in past months, let's hope at least two or three more entries can be submitted. 

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

I do think it's a difficult theme. I've tried to make an entry, but so far, failed. The problem is, there aren't really many ways to produce anime images other than just drawing them. And drawing them requires both artistic ability and a feeling for the style.

I suggest that you post your creation anyway, MJW. It can't be that bad and I'm sure you must have put some worthy effort on it, so I think it deserves a view and why not a rep :)

Other than that, I apologize for making things hard this time around. I'll try to choose a more doable theme next time.

• Like 1

It would look pretty pitiful, especially compared to the other, very impressive, entries. I'm still going to try to come up with something; though I can't guarantee I'll be able to.

I hope I didn't come off as criticizing the theme, which was not my intention. I was only pointing out that it's rather difficult, which probably accounts for the lack of entries. Also, this is a holiday season, when many (including me) have a lot of distractions.

manga%20style_zpsqjzcrnwd.jpg

Not having a clue about animi and manga, I used druedales first example as a guide. Wish my mouse could make the beautiful sweeping curves of the original.  Oh, well,  could you please give me a hint if I even got within "shouting distance" of getting this SOTW ?  Thanks all of you for teaching   this "ol' dog" his new tricks--Woof :D

Edited by Scooter

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

2 minutes ago, DrewDale said:

@scooter

Nice entry sir, but you have posted it in the discussion thread :lol: 

It's also posted in the contest thread :P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MJW said:

I hope I didn't come off as criticizing the theme, which was not my intention. I was only pointing out that it's rather difficult, which probably accounts for the lack of entries

No problem, I got the point and I'm also aware of the difficulties :)

While I was experimenting with other things, I discovered a method to turn an anime picture into its manga version and below is the result, which I thought would be interesting to show. Anime tends to be colored because it's intended for TV broadcasting, whereas manga is intended to be printed in magazines at lower costs than those of the TV industry and therefore tends to be black and white with subtle shades or crosshatchings. I believe the shading turned out pretty acceptable and thought it worthy enough for a second entry in the contest:

Anime_to_Manga_conversion_example.png

6 hours ago, Scooter said:

Not having a clue about animi and manga, I used druedales first example as a guide. Wish my mouse could make the beautiful sweeping curves of the original.  Oh, well,  could you please give me a hint if I even got within "shouting distance" of getting this SOTW ?  Thanks all of you for teaching   this "ol' dog" his new tricks--Woof :D

I believe you've done a pretty nice job, very manga-like, with blacks and whites and gray shades. The shorter hair came out nicely too :)

• Upvote 1

Thank You DrewDale and  Maximilian  for your responses. getsmileyCA01OWOH.gif

Scooter

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Pixey Your entry is a great blend of east meets west.  It seems purrrfict for a signature ouarf_zps7afff640.gif

;) Tootles

• Upvote 1

Scooter

Thanks Pixey  for picking up after ;) for DewDale on the voting page :mrcyan:

Edited by Scooter
  • Upvote 2

Scooter

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to hear this Drew. My deepest sympathies.

• Upvote 1