A few tips of "How to make your signature look nice"

BlueberryIcee3

This tutorial is available as a PDF. Click here to view or download it

To make it clear, I just joined here. I was known as a guest for a while, then I suggested myself to join.

Just a Few easy effects that can make signatures look cooler

Border Shadow

Open Your background Image and Add a New layer

6jodck.png

On the New layer Make a shape similar to your background image with the shape tool.

Go back to the Background Image and Feather

Now on the Border Add a Drop Shadow

2mqna60.png

You can Also change the Border Layer's Properties to make cool effects like below

24x45fs.png

Reflection(Manual)

This effect is really simple but effective

Copy your Main image onto a new layer and flip it upside down

ziu7ms.png

Move the upside down one to the bottom of the screen and lower the Opacity

fekpj6.png

Now their are so many thing you can do with the reflection but you can figure that out yourself.

Darken/Lighten Lines

Now this one is an effect I use in almost all signature I make.

Find a signature background like this and add a new layer.

On the New layer make a border around the signature.

Have the Color Wheel set to Black as Primary, Transparent as secondary. (To do this use the Color Picker over transparent)

Now Select the Paint Can and on the Tool bar Select Backwards Diagonal.

r2s1s8.png

Fill the Border

2qtwzcx.jpg

Now Go to layer Properties, For the Blending Mode Select Color Burn and set the transparency to what looks good

357k02o.jpg

Merge layers Feather and your done

bje2bc.jpg

To make the lines lighten instead of Darken, Select White and Transparent and set the Blend Mode in Layer Properties to Additive instead of Color Burn.

I do hope you got much information in this tutorial. Again, Im new here, and I hope you all get to see my art. Thank-you.

2wqwpj5.png

I am not really into signatures and such but a very well written tutorial, especially for a first time poster. Nice to see one actually read the rules. Welcome to the forums and good job :wink:

One thing though, perhaps add a small list of plugins that would be required for each piece? some of the newer members may struggle to find them otherwise :)

I am not really into signatures and such but a very well written tutorial, especially for a first time poster. Nice to see one actually read the rules. Welcome to the forums and good job :wink:

One thing though, perhaps add a small list of plugins that would be required for each piece? some of the newer members may struggle to find them otherwise :)

Im that kind of peson. I did download a lot of plugins as guest. So this will probably be easy for me since Im one of those tutorial people.

2wqwpj5.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...