Glossy Galaxy Ball Tutorial

HELEN

• 2 months later...

Helen this is a wonderful tut. I had so much fun doing it. Very well written and I learned a couple of new tricks. Thanks !

This is what I did with it. :D

th_ChristmasCardGlossyOrbs.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 3 months later...

Wow, very cool tutorial. o_o

Here's my attempt:

The water-ripple-reflect thing didn't work out exactly as I'd hoped, but it looks pretty good anyhow, methinks.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't know there was an actual ripple effect plugin. It looks waaaaaaaay better. Also added a bit of a glow to it.

TheFLOATINGGlobeofPOWAH-1-1.jpg

"Sir, we're surrounded!" "Excellent, we can attack from any direction."
1.png2.png3.png4.png

I had to edit your post twice for the same reason, Mr.Bobert. Keep it up and see what happens. I've never had a chance to ban a real person since I became a moderator; only spambots. Do you really want to be the first?

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

My apologies. <_<

What happened was at the exact same time, while you changed it to a url, I already was editing it for a minor typo, and still had the codes on it. Exactly after you modified it to url, not knowing that you'd done so, I clicked modify, which had the original message as well as the typo fix.

I wasn't deliberately changing it back to image codes to just to bug you. Sorry for any misunderstanding. -__-

"Sir, we're surrounded!" "Excellent, we can attack from any direction."
1.png2.png3.png4.png

• 1 year later...

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? When I go to drag the gradient on the orange shadow circle it turns white. I've included a screenshot of where I got stuck.

10. Click the “Select Circle” layer and using the Magic Wand tool, click on the inside of the circle. Now, click on the Orange Layer and using your radial gradient tool, run it just slightly below the middle of the circle

I can't find a place to delete this post. Anyway, I got past this snag. The secondary color has to be in transparency mode for the gradient. Now I'm stuck on the ellipse- subtraction mode. I have to figure out how to do that.

June, 2011

th_neworb.png

And After Helen told me she used Bezier Curve for the lines I found out how it worked.

th_newestglossyorb.png

Much better. I still need to practice with the line tool's Bezier Curve Mode, but now I'm happy enough with the result. boltbait.smile.png

Edited by Bob11

• 1 month later...

I couldn't figure out how to do the True Blur, or the skew for the shadow. But I did manage to come up with this, which I'm going to use as my avi for several forums. Thanks very much! ^_^

v48qig.png

@Bob: Please check your PM.

@Moninca: What a lovely orb! I love how you added your twist to the bottom part of it by using the crystallize effect. You may want to get rid of the jaggies, but it's great nonetheless.

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I couldn't figure out how to do the True Blur, or the skew for the shadow. But I did manage to come up with this, which I'm going to use as my avi for several forums. Thanks very much! ^_^

v48qig.png

Very nice outcome!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@Moninca: What a lovely orb! I love how you added your twist to the bottom part of it by using the crystallize effect. You may want to get rid of the jaggies, but it's great nonetheless.

Thanks very much. ^_^ I considered softening the crystalizing, but once it's shrunk down to avi size, it all blurred together anyway. But for the full-sized version, I definitely agree with you.

Thanks as well, barbieq25. :)

Edited by Moninca

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You need to save it as a *.png. Go to File > Save As.., and change the dropdown filetype "save as type" to "PNG (*.png)" if it is not already selected.

You need to save it as a *.png. Go to File > Save As.., and change the dropdown filetype "save as type" to "PNG (*.png)" if it is not already selected.

Its already saved as a png format.

but it worked out anyways, the file was actually to big

here you go:post-84573-131293623109_thumb.png