Glossy Galaxy Ball Tutorial

HELEN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've tried this tutorial and I keep getting stuck. I really think you should name your layers so who ever decides to follow the tutorial won't get confused. I also think the steps could be a little more clearer when explaining them.  I think the tutorial works better for intermediate users of paint.net rather than beginners. 

I usually don't name layers (even if there are over 100), maybe I should have in this one, but I wrote the tut a while ago. I do specify where each layer goes, however. It is a little harder tut. Where do you keep getting stuck?

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I usually don't name layers (even if there are over 100), maybe I should have in this one, but I wrote the tut a while ago. I do specify where each layer goes, however. It is a little harder tut. Where do you keep getting stuck?

I keep getting stuck around step 10. I think this tutorial should be re written in some places. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello HELEN,

People are requesting me to have this tutorial as a video version, looks like they have some problems of understanding of how some tools, effects and layers are being used.

and they need it to be done with only using the native tools and effects of PDN, no any additional plugins.

So I have created a video as they requested, But I think I messed up the sequence of some layers :D, but it looks so understandable.

Any ways, I can't publish it to the web (YouTube) unless if I get your permission on that, I will give you the credit, in the video and also in the YouTube details Page.

Thanks.

EDIT: I forgat to put the result:

helens-glossy-orb_zps8bd6bc6f.png

Edited by yellowman
  • Upvote 3

I finally created a glossy galaxy ball by following the video tutorial that Yellowman did. Thanks Yellowman & HELEN. I would post my results but I'm not sure how. 

Hi there mackenzieh! Welcome to the forum!

Take a peek http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/12193-how-to-use-images-in-your-posts-signatures-and-avatars/'>here This should help you with uploading your images as we would love to see your outcomes :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Here is my result for the galaxy ball. I know the result isn't perfect but I tried following the video as best I could. 

sphere_zpshz3hfbkv.png

Edited by mackenzieh

• 2 years later...

Wow! Very nice, Seerose!

That's a very nice image Seerose. yellowman's input is sadly missed around here these days. :(

Dear HELEN and nitenurse! Thank you very much and   w34hbjh9.gif

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png