How to Install Plugins ×

Toon Shader

Smoke_Dev420

I've been using Paint.Net for quite some time, and I've been using some of the great plugins developed here, so I figured I would share mine with you.

It's just a simple toon shader, it's based on code used in basic DirectX toon shaders.. So it's a different effect than the "Toon" shader I found on here awhile back..

Original Pic

============

Original.jpg

Toon Shader

============

Modified.jpg

--------------

Note: I have added a .zip file for those who don't wish to use Winrar\7-zip.. So don't mind the different downloads, they are both the same plugin just using different file types..

Toon Shader.rar

Toon Shader.zip

I've been using Paint.Net for quite some time, and I've been using some of the great plugins developed here, so I figured I would share mine with you.

It's just a simple toon shader, it's based on code used in basic DirectX toon shaders.. So it's a different effect than the "Toon" shader I found on here awhile back..

Original Pic

============

Original.jpg

Toon Shader

============

Modified.jpg

--------------

Note: I have added a .zip file for those who don't wish to use Winrar\7-zip.. So don't mind the different downloads, they are both the same plugin just using different file types..

You're free to distribute your plugins in any format you want, but keep in mind that most users are far more familiar with ZIP files than RARs, and you'll end up with a lot less "how do I..." questions.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

That's really nice, it looks like vexel :D

Thanks, glad you like it.. :)

Anyways, yeah, I've found with just a little tweaking, you can make some very nice toon shaded\vexel\portrait looking art with it..

Adding a bit of blur really gives it that smooth look, like vexel.. Adding some noise in you can get that painted look, etc,..

That's a nice plugin!

I'll use it!

Thanks!

I'm still learning, trying to get better.

Critics, even bad ones, help me.

Thanks for nice comments everyone.. :)

I updated the first post to include a .zip package for those who don't wish to use a third party tool for extraction.

Though I recommend you reconsider, there is a lot of good content out there that uses formats the default extractor just can't handle.

They're free for personal use, take up little space, it works just like your current extractor, from the context menu so you won't even notice the difference, and you'll be able to extract .rar files, .7zip, and many more..

But wait folks, that's not all, act now, and I'll throw in..... Oh, sorry, I was on a roll.. :P

:D

On the other hand, in this instance, the ZIP is only 16KB larger than the RAR. ;)

Yeah, true enough. :)

I just did a test, using the best compression for all three formats..

7-Zip = 3.38kb

Rar = 3.41kb

Zip = 3.85kb (Which is weird, cause standard

compression gave me a 3.82kb file.. ??)

Those little numbers get big fast as file size increases. (Besides the real advantage is the extra file formats they are able to decompress, like 20+ of them..)

Anyways, we're getting off topic.. :P