How to Install Plugins ×

Simon B's Plugin Pack: custom brushes, editable text and more (2014-06-22)

Simon Brown

• 2 weeks later...
Visual C# Express

As for tutorials, there are a few, but they all use CodeLab.

Alright, thanks for the info. I will test out some stuff in CodeLab. :D I know Java, so learning another programming language shouldn't be too hard? ;)

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

I got this error when I tried to run thatotherapp, and I restarted paint.net.

Ive tried it a few times. What do i do?

File: E:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\ThatOtherApp.dll

Effect Name: ThatOtherApp.EffectPlugin

Full error message: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SBCommon, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'SBCommon, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

at ThatOtherApp.EffectPlugin.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

"Being calm can work wonders"

Signature-1.png

From bug tracker:

When you choose a new brush size, you have to use the brush once before it uses the new size. This is very annoying.
The undo button doesn't work all the time. Sometimes it will undo and sometimes it won't.

Can't repro.

Could you please add a ctrl+z undo shortcut, and a ctrl+y redo shortcut?

I'll consider it.

KaHuc.png

Updated.

There is now a best plugins ZIP containing those plugins that were relatively well-recieved, aren't trivial and don't make me cringe. It was embarrassing including a plugin in my pack that is basically a string of *four* effects included with Paint.NET.

KaHuc.png

I've looked into the crash (I have the same problem) and it appears to hapoen when the noise effect is used, presumably because of a change to it in v3.5. I'll probably look further into it when v3.5 is stable.

KaHuc.png

You create XML watermarks using the specification linked-to on the plugin's page and place them in the folder (subdirectory of Paint.NET User Files) it creates, run the plugin and select it from the list.

KaHuc.png