Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
posegate

Outlining text (stroke)

36 posts in this topic

There's a feature in photoshop that I used all the time, and I cannot find an equivalent in PDN.

I would add a "stroke" to a text layer, which would outline (with varying degrees of transparency) the text only with whichever color or texture I selected.

Mostly, I am concerned with color. I want to be able to have white text that is outlined in black (most often) so that it pops from the rest. The outline function is not doing this to a satisfying result.

How can I make this happen?

Thanks for your help.

Adam

There's a feature in photoshop that I used all the time, and I cannot find an equivalent in PDN.

I would add a "stroke" to a text layer, which would outline (with varying degrees of transparency) the text only with whichever color or texture I selected.

Mostly, I am concerned with color. I want to be able to have white text that is outlined in black (most often) so that it pops from the rest. The outline function is not doing this to a satisfying result.

Thanks for your help.

Adam

Thanks for your help.

Adam

Thanks for your help.

Adam

You'll want to search for the "Outline Object" plugin. It works excellently. :-)

You'll want to search for the "Outline Object" plugin. It works excellently. :-)

I'm having trouble locating one. I found one that let's me do an outline and a bevel and a feather. But it's still not doing quite what I want. Is there a way to "expand" the selection slightly? This would allow it to do what I want.

Thanks for your continued assistance.

I'm having trouble locating one. I found one that let's me do an outline and a bevel and a feather. But it's still not doing quite what I want. Is there a way to "expand" the selection slightly? This would allow it to do what I want.

u could also try "drop shadow", or evin the built-in glow

If you have those effects, then it is my plugin pack that you have installed. That's good.

Here's what you need to do:

1) Add a new layer

2) Type your text on this new layer

3) Run Effects > Object > Outline Object...

If you have those effects, then it is my plugin pack that you have installed. That's good.

1) Add a new layer

1) Add a new layer

1) Add a new layer

Forgetting what we named our plugins again, are we? Yours is just "Outline." Mine is "Outline Object."

Forgetting what we named our plugins again, are we? Yours is just "Outline." Mine is "Outline Object."

Don't make me hurt you.