Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dwengs

How to - 2.1 - Making Logo Simple

10 posts in this topic

In Paint.NET, I usually make or design new logos and icons.

Here is my tut. for making icons. You can easily make a icon with this tut. series.

This is first tut, but second is my favorite.

1 - First of all, you must open a new layer that named "Logo-back" (or something). While "Logo-back" is selected we change our Canvas Sizes.

For Logos and Icons, 230x230. ( Temporarily )

2luov8z.jpg

2 - Then, do your colors like that. Important thing is Secondary color must be = Whateveryouwant. But, transparency = 0.

2wqsvfa.jpg

3 - And again, we change our Canvas Sizes.

10rr6s7.jpg

4 - After that, we have a square image.

t6q8t0.jpg

5 - Our layers must appear like that.

xfyuk5.jpg

6 - For make a logo, open another layers like that. Make your text or add your image in "Text or Image" Layer.

167sdfn.jpg

7 - Now, we will make some shining. :) Select "Logo-back" layer and with "Magic Wand" click the white area.

ht9xrb.jpg

8 - and select the "Rectangle Select Tool" and change the selection mode to "Subtract".

333x2d1.jpg

9- and do the thing in that picture.

wa0f2v.jpg

10- Now we have a selected area. This area will be our shining. For this, select the "Simple Shining" layer. Then select the "Paint Bucket Tool", fill that area with totally white.( #FFFFFF)

2n9xgev.jpg

11- Now, open the "Layer Properties" of "Simple Shining" layer, and change the opacity to "92".

2qapl5s.jpg

12- And now, some glow works. Select the "Logo-back" layer and glow it like that. :D

28aua9z.jpg

13- Select the "Text or Image" layer and glow it like that. :D

qn3cpt.jpg

14- Finally, we have a logo like that. :D

2vu0xdt.png

I hope, you enjoy that tut. But like I said, second tut. of mine, better then it. I will post it soon.

P.S: I dont know what Grzy is. If a man is using it, i'm sorry. :)

In Paint.NET, I usually make or design new logos and icons.

Here is my tut. for making icons. You can easily make a icon with this tut. series.

This is first tut, but second is my favorite.

1 - First of all, you must open a new layer that named "Logo-back" (or something). While "Logo-back" is selected we change our Canvas Sizes.

For Logos and Icons, 230x230. ( Temporarily )

2luov8z.jpg

2 - Then, do your colors like that. Important thing is Secondary color must be = Whateveryouwant. But, transparency = 0.

2wqsvfa.jpg

3 - And again, we change our Canvas Sizes.

10rr6s7.jpg

4 - After that, we have a square image.

t6q8t0.jpg

5 - Our layers must appear like that.

xfyuk5.jpg

6 - For make a logo, open another layers like that. Make your text or add your image in "Text or Image" Layer.

167sdfn.jpg

7 - Now, we will make some shining. :) Select "Logo-back" layer and with "Magic Wand" click the white area.

ht9xrb.jpg

8 - and select the "Rectangle Select Tool" and change the selection mode to "Subtract".

333x2d1.jpg

9- and do the thing in that picture.

wa0f2v.jpg

10- Now we have a selected area. This area will be our shining. For this, select the "Simple Shining" layer. Then select the "Paint Bucket Tool", fill that area with totally white.( #FFFFFF)

2n9xgev.jpg

11- Now, open the "Layer Properties" of "Simple Shining" layer, and change the opacity to "92".

2qapl5s.jpg

12- And now, some glow works. Select the "Logo-back" layer and glow it like that. :D

28aua9z.jpg

13- Select the "Text or Image" layer and glow it like that. :D

qn3cpt.jpg

14- Finally, we have a logo like that. :D

2vu0xdt.png

I hope, you enjoy that tut. But like I said, second tut. of mine, better then it. I will post it soon.

P.S: I dont know what Grzy is. If a man is using it, i'm sorry. :)

4 - I dont know, if it is bug or not but when we do this, the image colored like that. So we can easily erase black areas.

2mgt8pd.jpg

It's not a bug, that's the way it's supposed to do it...from the help section (when F1 is pressed during use) you can find that under canvas size, it says:

"If the image canvas is enlarged, the new area will be filled with the secondary color."

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/ImageMenu.html

4 - I dont know, if it is bug or not but when we do this, the image colored like that. So we can easily erase black areas.

2mgt8pd.jpg

It's not a bug, that's the way it's supposed to do it...from the help section (when F1 is pressed during use) you can find that under canvas size, it says:

"If the image canvas is enlarged, the new area will be filled with the secondary color."

2mgt8pd.jpg

Umm.... However, it's working. :D Thanks for info.

UPDATED. :)

2mgt8pd.jpg

Umm.... However, it's working. :D Thanks for info.

UPDATED. :)

if you had known that it fills in the void space with the secondary color, then it would be easier to make the secondary color transparent before running the second canvas size...easier to do that than to remove the black via magic wand.

just try to avoid calling something a potential bug in the future unless you are certain it isn't you that are screwing up.

if you had known that it fills in the void space with the secondary color, then it would be easier to make the secondary color transparent before running the second canvas size...easier to do that than to remove the black via magic wand.

just try to avoid calling something a potential bug in the future unless you are certain it isn't you that are screwing up.

Or you can put the object on a new layer, Paint.NET only adds the secondary colour into the background layer.

Or you can put the object on a new layer, Paint.NET only adds the secondary colour into the background layer.