Photo

How to - 2.1 - Making Logo Simple

9 replies to this topic

#1 dwengs

dwengs
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:34 PM

In Paint.NET, I usually make or design new logos and icons.
Here is my tut. for making icons. You can easily make a icon with this tut. series.
This is first tut, but second is my favorite.

1 - First of all, you must open a new layer that named "Logo-back" (or something). While "Logo-back" is selected we change our Canvas Sizes.
For Logos and Icons, 230x230. ( Temporarily )
Posted Image

2 - Then, do your colors like that. Important thing is Secondary color must be = Whateveryouwant. But, transparency = 0.
Posted Image

3 - And again, we change our Canvas Sizes.
Posted Image

4 - After that, we have a square image.
Posted Image

5 - Our layers must appear like that.
Posted Image

6 - For make a logo, open another layers like that. Make your text or add your image in "Text or Image" Layer.
Posted Image

7 - Now, we will make some shining. :) Select "Logo-back" layer and with "Magic Wand" click the white area.
Posted Image

8 - and select the "Rectangle Select Tool" and change the selection mode to "Subtract".
Posted Image

9- and do the thing in that picture.
Posted Image

10- Now we have a selected area. This area will be our shining. For this, select the "Simple Shining" layer. Then select the "Paint Bucket Tool", fill that area with totally white.( #FFFFFF)
Posted Image

11- Now, open the "Layer Properties" of "Simple Shining" layer, and change the opacity to "92".
Posted Image

12- And now, some glow works. Select the "Logo-back" layer and glow it like that. :D
Posted Image

13- Select the "Text or Image" layer and glow it like that. :D
Posted Image

14- Finally, we have a logo like that. :D
Posted Image

I hope, you enjoy that tut. But like I said, second tut. of mine, better then it. I will post it soon.
P.S: I dont know what Grzy is. If a man is using it, i'm sorry. :)
Posted Image

#2 Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon
  • Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:03 PM

4 - I dont know, if it is bug or not but when we do this, the image colored like that. So we can easily erase black areas.
Posted Image

It's not a bug, that's the way it's supposed to do it...from the help section (when F1 is pressed during use) you can find that under canvas size, it says:
"If the image canvas is enlarged, the new area will be filled with the secondary color."
http://www.getpaint..../ImageMenu.html

#3 dwengs

dwengs
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:26 AM

4 - I dont know, if it is bug or not but when we do this, the image colored like that. So we can easily erase black areas.
Posted Image

It's not a bug, that's the way it's supposed to do it...from the help section (when F1 is pressed during use) you can find that under canvas size, it says:
"If the image canvas is enlarged, the new area will be filled with the secondary color."

Umm.... However, it's working. :D Thanks for info.

UPDATED. :)
Posted Image

#4 Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon
  • Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:59 AM

if you had known that it fills in the void space with the secondary color, then it would be easier to make the secondary color transparent before running the second canvas size...easier to do that than to remove the black via magic wand.

just try to avoid calling something a potential bug in the future unless you are certain it isn't you that are screwing up.

#5 Kemaru

Kemaru
  • Members
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationFinland.

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:46 PM

Or you can put the object on a new layer, Paint.NET only adds the secondary colour into the background layer.

2nu0s2t.png

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
musicbar.php?username=Kemaru&color=green
|blog|

#6 dwengs

dwengs
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:34 PM

In Paint.NET, I usually make or design new logos and icons.
Here is my tut. for making icons. You can easily make a icon with this tut. series.
This is first tut, but second is my favorite.

1 - First of all, you must open a new layer that named "Logo-back" (or something). While "Logo-back" is selected we change our Canvas Sizes.
For Logos and Icons, 230x230. ( Temporarily )
Posted Image

2 - Then, do your colors like that. Important thing is Secondary color must be = Whateveryouwant. But, transparency = 0.
Posted Image

3 - And again, we change our Canvas Sizes.
Posted Image

4 - After that, we have a square image.
Posted Image

5 - Our layers must appear like that.
Posted Image

6 - For make a logo, open another layers like that. Make your text or add your image in "Text or Image" Layer.
Posted Image

7 - Now, we will make some shining. :) Select "Logo-back" layer and with "Magic Wand" click the white area.
Posted Image

8 - and select the "Rectangle Select Tool" and change the selection mode to "Subtract".
Posted Image

9- and do the thing in that picture.
Posted Image

10- Now we have a selected area. This area will be our shining. For this, select the "Simple Shining" layer. Then select the "Paint Bucket Tool", fill that area with totally white.( #FFFFFF)
Posted Image

11- Now, open the "Layer Properties" of "Simple Shining" layer, and change the opacity to "92".
Posted Image

12- And now, some glow works. Select the "Logo-back" layer and glow it like that. :D
Posted Image

13- Select the "Text or Image" layer and glow it like that. :D
Posted Image

14- Finally, we have a logo like that. :D
Posted Image

I hope, you enjoy that tut. But like I said, second tut. of mine, better then it. I will post it soon.
P.S: I dont know what Grzy is. If a man is using it, i'm sorry. :)
Posted Image

#7 Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon
  • Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:03 PM

Posted Image

#8 dwengs

dwengs
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:26 AM

Posted Image

Umm.... However, it's working. :D Thanks for info.

UPDATED. :)
Posted Image

#9 Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon
  • Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:59 AM

if you had known that it fills in the void space with the secondary color, then it would be easier to make the secondary color transparent before running the second canvas size...easier to do that than to remove the black via magic wand.

just try to avoid calling something a potential bug in the future unless you are certain it isn't you that are screwing up.

#10 Kemaru

Kemaru
  • Members
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationFinland.

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:46 PM

Or you can put the object on a new layer, Paint.NET only adds the secondary colour into the background layer.

2nu0s2t.png

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
musicbar.php?username=Kemaru&color=green
|blog|