360 replies to this topic

#21 worldnewser

worldnewser
  • Members
  • 914 posts
  • LocationBreuklyn, New Amsterdam

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:07 PM

Hi there!
You've got a nice gallery going on here. :)
As for your newest piece, I think it s rather interesting. I like how you did the folds of the curtain. The only things I would disagree with is the perspective of your reflections. For instance, I think the perspective of the reflection of the bowl is a bit wrong when compared to the reflections of the spiders. Also, I just think your piece is lacking shadows, like under the spiders and the bowl. I just seems odd imo to see a brightly lit room at night.

Anyways, I don't mean that harshly or anything, just giving some in-depth feedback, which I haven't done in a while. It's always best to get criticism to improve :wink: Hope to see more from you

#22 Possum Roadkill

Possum Roadkill
  • Competition Hosts
  • 2,051 posts
  • LocationHenry County Indiana USA

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:46 AM

Hi there!
As for your newest piece, I think it s rather interesting. I like how you did the folds of the curtain. The only things I would disagree with is the perspective of your reflections. For instance, I think the perspective of the reflection of the bowl is a bit wrong when compared to the reflections of the spiders. Also, I just think your piece is lacking shadows, like under the spiders and the bowl. I just seems odd imo to see a brightly lit room at night.

Anyways, I don't mean that harshly or anything, just giving some in-depth feedback, which I haven't done in a while. It's always best to get criticism to improve :wink: Hope to see more from you

Thanks for the suggestions. I turned down the lights in the image and it changed things a little. I added some shadows, changed the reflections, added the moonlight through the arch to the floor and table and added the moon reflection to the bowl of water. I think it's a little better now. Oh and I changed the stuff on the wall, The amulets looked out of place since they were originally intended to be smaller objects. I used the Torch and Stars from the Indiana State Flag and changed the stone behind my OP (opossum) Logo.

Posted Image

*There is a full size image in the Realistic Images section if you don't want to wait for my slow Photobucket site. :D

Posted Image

My Gallery

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host
To visit the Comps click HERE

#23 sokagirl

sokagirl
  • Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:44 PM

Absolutely fabulous work , I am in awe with your work . I especially love your signatures , I'm turning green with envy . :P

JediSignature17.png

#24 amp.guard88

amp.guard88
  • Newbies
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:16 PM

I like your Tony Stewart Pic
Posted Image Posted Image

#25 Possum Roadkill

Possum Roadkill
  • Competition Hosts
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:39 PM

Funny thing about that was I made it for a friend and when I sent it to her she told me that he had just changed teams, his car, team colors, and car number. Oh well, back to square one !

Absolutely fabulous work , I am in awe with your work . I especially love your signatures , I'm turning green with envy . :P

Wow thanks a bunch ! I appreciate it. I've only been doing this for a few months but this site really helps to learn how to do all kinds of stuff.

Posted Image

My Gallery

#26 yellowman

yellowman
  • Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

Posted Image
Very nice I like every object in it, you did a great work and you still want to improve it, and you almost did , the beauty of the image makes me really don't pay attention to some small things, Ash had pointed them exactly if you could correct those it will be great, but I still like it just like that.
And I like also this one:
Posted Image
I'd like to see some strange green creatures in it :) , that will add some life to the image, thanks.

#27 Possum Roadkill

Possum Roadkill
  • Competition Hosts
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:00 AM

@ Yellowman Thanks ! I have tried to improve the image and have posted a new version in the Realistic Images section. I'm afraid that sometimes my imagination outpaces my artistic abilities :lol: This is such an amazing piece of software it has given me the chance to do things I have always wanted to do. I really appreciate all the help you have been to me. There are so many people I have learned from on this board, what an amazing place it is !

I would he happy to hear your suggestions ( or anyone else's as to what kind of alien I could have piloting my little spacecraft. I was thinking some little green men might be in order...

Posted Image

My Gallery

#28 Possum Roadkill

Possum Roadkill
  • Competition Hosts
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:28 AM

I've completed a new spider piece called "The Chamber". It's also posted in the Realistic Images section.

Posted Image

I have also added a few new images in Artwork and in Textures. I hope you enjoy them.

Posted Image

My Gallery

#29 worldnewser

worldnewser
  • Members
  • 914 posts

Hi there!

#30 Possum Roadkill

Possum Roadkill
  • Competition Hosts
  • 2,051 posts

Hi there!

Thanks for the suggestions. I turned down the lights in the image and it changed things a little. I added some shadows, changed the reflections, added the moonlight through the arch to the floor and table and added the moon reflection to the bowl of water. I think it's a little better now. Oh and I changed the stuff on the wall, The amulets looked out of place since they were originally intended to be smaller objects. I used the Torch and Stars from the Indiana State Flag and changed the stone behind my OP (opossum) Logo.

Posted Image

*There is a full size image in the Realistic Images section if you don't want to wait for my slow Photobucket site. :D

Posted Image

My Gallery

#31 sokagirl

sokagirl
  • Members
  • 1,680 posts

JediSignature17.png

#32 amp.guard88

amp.guard88
  • Newbies
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:16 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

#33 Possum Roadkill

Possum Roadkill
  • Competition Hosts
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:39 PM

Funny thing about that was I made it for a friend and when I sent it to her she told me that he had just changed teams, his car, team colors, and car number. Oh well, back to square one !

Wow thanks a bunch ! I appreciate it. I've only been doing this for a few months but this site really helps to learn how to do all kinds of stuff.

Posted Image

My Gallery

#34 yellowman

yellowman
  • Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

Posted Image
Very nice I like every object in it, you did a great work and you still want to improve it, and you almost did , the beauty of the image makes me really don't pay attention to some small things, Ash had pointed them exactly if you could correct those it will be great, but I still like it just like that.
And I like also this one:
Posted Image
I'd like to see some strange green creatures in it :) , that will add some life to the image, thanks.

#35 Possum Roadkill

Possum Roadkill
  • Competition Hosts
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:00 AM

@ Yellowman Thanks ! I have tried to improve the image and have posted a new version in the Realistic Images section. I'm afraid that sometimes my imagination outpaces my artistic abilities :lol: This is such an amazing piece of software it has given me the chance to do things I have always wanted to do. I really appreciate all the help you have been to me. There are so many people I have learned from on this board, what an amazing place it is !

I would he happy to hear your suggestions ( or anyone else's as to what kind of alien I could have piloting my little spacecraft. I was thinking some little green men might be in order...

Posted Image

My Gallery

#36 Goonfella

Goonfella

2013 Sports Guru Award Winner

• Members
  • 2,408 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:13 AM

Congratulations Possum! Your spider pic made it into the Galleria. Awesome. :wink:

Goonfella3D_zps67f49b6b.jpg

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

#37 Possum Roadkill

Possum Roadkill
  • Competition Hosts
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:28 AM

I've completed a new spider piece called "The Chamber". It's also posted in the Realistic Images section.

Posted Image

I have also added a few new images in Artwork and in Textures. I hope you enjoy them.

Posted Image

My Gallery

#38 worldnewser

worldnewser
  • Members
  • 914 posts

Hi there!

#39 Possum Roadkill

Possum Roadkill
  • Competition Hosts
  • 2,051 posts

Hi there!

Posted Image

Posted Image

My Gallery

#40 sokagirl

sokagirl
  • Members
  • 1,680 posts

JediSignature17.png