Possum Roadkill Gallery

Possum Roadkill

Lenonte, Yellowman, Goonfella, Lance, Pophiri

Gosh thanks ! :oops: I enjoy the work all of you do so much and greatly appreciate any advice you give. I also appreciate you taking the time to stop in and see what I have done. I hope that I get better with time and by learning from all of you on this forum.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Possum Roadkill, your love of PDN shows. I do have a favorite; it is the one with the Julia fractals, glass blocks, 3D, and I think, rotate zoom in it. It looks like you have learned a lot since February and made some great images. I know your work will just get better and better. Smiles!

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Possum Roadkill, your love of PDN shows. I do have a favorite; it is the one with the Julia fractals, glass blocks, 3D, and I think, rotate zoom in it. It looks like you have learned a lot since February and made some great images. I know your work will just get better and better. Smiles!

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Possum, I just got to ask you this...do you have a thing for possum or is it because of the area you live in, and there's a lot of, er, roadkill?

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Possum, I just got to ask you this...do you have a thing for possum or is it because of the area you live in, and there's a lot of, er, roadkill?

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Ha ha, long story. But the short version is I like opossums. They are a very old animal and are very adaptable. Most people don't understand their place in the ecosystem, but they are a very beneficial animal. Most people think they are ugly, but if you look at them really close they are beautiful. Their silver and black fur and pink feet, tail and nose makes me laugh. I started a You Tube channel because of a problem in my town and I wanted a name that people would remember. ( You can check out my You Tube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/PossumRoadkill ) On the drive into the office, I saw yet another possum killed on the road and the name was clear to me. Yes there is a lot of roadkill out here in the country for some reason. I travel only 12 miles to my office but I use two different State Highways and since people are driving faster on these roads, sadly many of the slower animals like the possum don't have a chance. One benefit of my choosing this name is that several people have told me that they now try to avoid hitting possums and other wildlife when driving. I love wildlife and to me, having a funny name like I do makes it worth it if it makes people more aware of them. Believe it or not, that was the short version !

Ha ha, long story. But the short version is I like opossums. They are a very old animal and are very adaptable. Most people don't understand their place in the ecosystem, but they are a very beneficial animal. Most people think they are ugly, but if you look at them really close they are beautiful. Their silver and black fur and pink feet, tail and nose makes me laugh. I started a You Tube channel because of a problem in my town and I wanted a name that people would remember. ( You can check out my You Tube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/PossumRoadkill ) On the drive into the office, I saw yet another possum killed on the road and the name was clear to me. Yes there is a lot of roadkill out here in the country for some reason. I travel only 12 miles to my office but I use two different State Highways and since people are driving faster on these roads, sadly many of the slower animals like the possum don't have a chance. One benefit of my choosing this name is that several people have told me that they now try to avoid hitting possums and other wildlife when driving. I love wildlife and to me, having a funny name like I do makes it worth it if it makes people more aware of them. Believe it or not, that was the short version !

Thank you very much ! I was hoping someone would notice that one. I did a whole series of related images and this is the one I liked best. I may post some of the others at some point. It is actually the Mandelbrot fractal, with everything else (background) selected and deleted. Then selected with magic wand and embossed. Curves or Color Filter for the color, (I can't remember :oops: ) Then Shape 3D to make the sphere (again, I can't remember the exact settings). Then I copied the layer and did a frosted glass (I think, or maybe a fragment blur?) and then zoom blur for the sparkle halo. That all is for the sphere. Then the tiles are the original Mandelbrot fractal, with the fractal part selected and the Multi Color Gradient used to color it. I then used the layers/rotate/zoom to get the perspective and the tiling box checked to get the tiles. Then I just did a motion blur with the centered box unchecked to get the 3D effect and duped the layer until I got it enough to look solid. The back wall is the same image with the Tiles Reflection XY. The floor under the tiles is the same image but rotated and stretched to fit and then the heck blurred out of it ! I think that's about it. I'm sure I was fumbling around with it and there could have been something else I have missed. But for the most part, that is how I did it. That it even turned out somewhat like I wanted is a minor miracle.

Thank you very much ! I was hoping someone would notice that one. I did a whole series of related images and this is the one I liked best. I may post some of the others at some point. It is actually the Mandelbrot fractal, with everything else (background) selected and deleted. Then selected with magic wand and embossed. Curves or Color Filter for the color, (I can't remember :oops: ) Then Shape 3D to make the sphere (again, I can't remember the exact settings). Then I copied the layer and did a frosted glass (I think, or maybe a fragment blur?) and then zoom blur for the sparkle halo. That all is for the sphere. Then the tiles are the original Mandelbrot fractal, with the fractal part selected and the Multi Color Gradient used to color it. I then used the layers/rotate/zoom to get the perspective and the tiling box checked to get the tiles. Then I just did a motion blur with the centered box unchecked to get the 3D effect and duped the layer until I got it enough to look solid. The back wall is the same image with the Tiles Reflection XY. The floor under the tiles is the same image but rotated and stretched to fit and then the heck blurred out of it ! I think that's about it. I'm sure I was fumbling around with it and there could have been something else I have missed. But for the most part, that is how I did it. That it even turned out somewhat like I wanted is a minor miracle.

• 3 weeks later...

I've completed a new spider piece called "The Chamber". It's also posted in the Realistic Images section.

th_TheChamber.png

I have also added a few new images in Artwork and in Textures. I hope you enjoy them.

I've completed a new spider piece called "The Chamber". It's also posted in the Realistic Images section.

th_TheChamber.png

I have also added a few new images in Artwork and in Textures. I hope you enjoy them.

th_TheChamber.png

th_TheChamber.png

Hi there!

You've got a nice gallery going on here. :)

As for your newest piece, I think it s rather interesting. I like how you did the folds of the curtain. The only things I would disagree with is the perspective of your reflections. For instance, I think the perspective of the reflection of the bowl is a bit wrong when compared to the reflections of the spiders. Also, I just think your piece is lacking shadows, like under the spiders and the bowl. I just seems odd imo to see a brightly lit room at night.

Anyways, I don't mean that harshly or anything, just giving some in-depth feedback, which I haven't done in a while. It's always best to get criticism to improve :wink: Hope to see more from you

Hi there!

As for your newest piece, I think it s rather interesting. I like how you did the folds of the curtain. The only things I would disagree with is the perspective of your reflections. For instance, I think the perspective of the reflection of the bowl is a bit wrong when compared to the reflections of the spiders. Also, I just think your piece is lacking shadows, like under the spiders and the bowl. I just seems odd imo to see a brightly lit room at night.

Anyways, I don't mean that harshly or anything, just giving some in-depth feedback, which I haven't done in a while. It's always best to get criticism to improve :wink: Hope to see more from you

Hi there!

Hi there!

Hi there!

Thanks for the suggestions. I turned down the lights in the image and it changed things a little. I added some shadows, changed the reflections, added the moonlight through the arch to the floor and table and added the moon reflection to the bowl of water. I think it's a little better now. Oh and I changed the stuff on the wall, The amulets looked out of place since they were originally intended to be smaller objects. I used the Torch and Stars from the Indiana State Flag and changed the stone behind my OP (opossum) Logo.

th_TheChamberAtNight.png

*There is a full size image in the Realistic Images section if you don't want to wait for my slow Photobucket site. :D

Hi there!

Thanks for the suggestions. I turned down the lights in the image and it changed things a little. I added some shadows, changed the reflections, added the moonlight through the arch to the floor and table and added the moon reflection to the bowl of water. I think it's a little better now. Oh and I changed the stuff on the wall, The amulets looked out of place since they were originally intended to be smaller objects. I used the Torch and Stars from the Indiana State Flag and changed the stone behind my OP (opossum) Logo.

th_TheChamberAtNight.png

*There is a full size image in the Realistic Images section if you don't want to wait for my slow Photobucket site. :D

Hi there!

th_TheChamberAtNight.png

Hi there!

th_TheChamberAtNight.png