Galaxy Tutorial

4 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroVelocity

ZeroVelocity
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:07 PM

[Galaxy Tutorial]

After hours of experimenting in Paint.NET, I've finally made a masterpiece, and, I've understood how to make a galaxy. This tutorial will show you how do make them, however some may turn out different colors, and some may look more like water effects.

[List of Tools you will need]
*[Splatter Tool]
*[Smudge Tool]
*[Color Filter]

*[Step 1]

1: Start a new image, regular size(800x600). Set your primary color to #FF6A00 and your secondary to #7F3300. Take the gradient tool and set the gradient to a Radial Gradient. Now make a Radial Gradient near the top left-hand corner. 2: Next, go to Adjustments->Invert colors. Now go to Layers->Add new layer. Set your primary color to White(#FFFFFF). Now take the splatter tool and splatter anywhere you want on the new layer. 3: Now take the smudge tool and smudge the splatter you just made on that new layer. Now go to Effects->Distort->Twist. 4: Add a new layer. Go to Effects->Distort->Drop Ripple. Go to Layers->Rotate/Zoom. Set the settings to [Angle]. Click ok. Go to Image->Flatten.

*[Step 2]

1: Go to Curves->RGB. Leave the RGB boxes all checked, and set your Blue path to 168, 45. Go to effects->Twist. 2: Add a new layer. Go to Effects->Distort->Drop Ripple. Go to Layers->Rotate/Zoom. Set the settings to [Angle]. Click ok. 3: Go to Image->Flatten. Go to Adjustments->Black and White. I'd suggest set your primary color to Blue(#0094FF). Go to Effects->Color->Color Filter. Find any color you like. 4: Now go to Layers->Add New Layer. Effects->Distort->Drop Ripple. Layers->Rotate/Zoom. Image->Flatten.

*[Step 3]

You've done it! You can add different effects like Glow to enhance it. Remember to post some pictures of the final product! =) Here's some of mine!

1, I call this "Forming Light"
2, I call this "Hiding Shadows"

#2 Benji2

Benji2
  • Members
  • 660 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:58 PM

Please read tutorial guidlines...
this will get locked/removed if not followed.
After seeing the mods usually give about a day or sometimes just lock it.
Posted Image

#3 rtargo20

rtargo20
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Missouri, USA

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:30 AM

Planet Breaking Apart.
Nice tutorial...many, many possibilities

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is it me --or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?

#4 david.atwell

david.atwell

2013 Real Estate Award Winner

• Moderators
  • 1,619 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN (39°46′5.88″N 86°9′29.52″W)

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:04 AM

The rules require screenshots. You are not exempt.

You have until your next login.

stargatesig.png

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

#5 david.atwell

david.atwell

2013 Real Estate Award Winner

• Moderators
  • 1,619 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN (39°46′5.88″N 86°9′29.52″W)

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:50 AM

Welp, you logged in and completely ignored my message. This thread is done.

stargatesig.png

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.