Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZeroVelocity

Galaxy Tutorial

5 posts in this topic

[Galaxy Tutorial]

After hours of experimenting in Paint.NET, I've finally made a masterpiece, and, I've understood how to make a galaxy. This tutorial will show you how do make them, however some may turn out different colors, and some may look more like water effects.

*[splatter Tool]

*[smudge Tool]

*[step 1]

1: Start a new image, regular size(800x600). Set your primary color to #FF6A00 and your secondary to #7F3300. Take the gradient tool and set the gradient to a Radial Gradient. Now make a Radial Gradient near the top left-hand corner. 2: Next, go to Adjustments->Invert colors. Now go to Layers->Add new layer. Set your primary color to White(#FFFFFF). Now take the splatter tool and splatter anywhere you want on the new layer. 3: Now take the smudge tool and smudge the splatter you just made on that new layer. Now go to Effects->Distort->Twist. 4: Add a new layer. Go to Effects->Distort->Drop Ripple. Go to Layers->Rotate/Zoom. Set the settings to [Angle]. Click ok. Go to Image->Flatten.

*[step 2]

1: Go to Curves->RGB. Leave the RGB boxes all checked, and set your Blue path to 168, 45. Go to effects->Twist. 2: Add a new layer. Go to Effects->Distort->Drop Ripple. Go to Layers->Rotate/Zoom. Set the settings to [Angle]. Click ok. 3: Go to Image->Flatten. Go to Adjustments->Black and White. I'd suggest set your primary color to Blue(#0094FF). Go to Effects->Color->Color Filter. Find any color you like. 4: Now go to Layers->Add New Layer. Effects->Distort->Drop Ripple. Layers->Rotate/Zoom. Image->Flatten.

*[step 3]

You've done it! You can add different effects like Glow to enhance it. Remember to post some pictures of the final product! =) Here's some of mine!

1, I call this "Forming Light"

2, I call this "Hiding Shadows"

Please read tutorial guidlines...

this will get locked/removed if not followed.

After seeing the mods usually give about a day or sometimes just lock it.

Planet Breaking Apart.

Nice tutorial...many, many possibilities

Galaxy-1.jpg

The rules require screenshots. You are not exempt.

You have until your next login.

Welp, you logged in and completely ignored my message. This thread is done.