Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simon Brown

CustomBrushesMini 1.0 RC3

53 posts in this topic

I have one question: The last time I used one of these custom brush set things, when I tried loading the .pngs of them, it was a very tedious process because it would not allow me to select all or multiple brushes.. Is that fixed in this version? I really think that would be a nice feature to add/have depending on whether it's included. Though I could have been doing something wrong..

Update posted. This version adds GIMP brush support and now scans Paint.NET/Custom Brushes if it exists.

I have one question: The last time I used one of these custom brush set things, when I tried loading the .pngs of them, it was a very tedious process because it would not allow me to select all or multiple brushes..

If you want them to alternate, I have no plans to add that feature, but the old CB allows you to create an animated brush (.CBB) which may help.

No no no... What I mean is, when I'm going, browsing for .pngs, in the file browser, I can't select more than one file at a time..

EDIT: No wait, I think simply creating the My Documents/Paint.NET/User Files/Custom Brushes takes care of what I'm trying to say..

EDIT: Yeah, you're right. :lol:

You can easily install them manually by going to the CB folder in "Paint.NET User Files" - but that should be a simple feature to code. Added ready for next release.

Update posted. This version adds GIMP brush support and now scans Paint.NET/Custom Brushes if it exists.

Thats great! I have Gimp as well and there are so many extra brushes I will be able to use now! :D:D

So is this basically so it doesn't need to be in My Documents now?

I mentioned this yesterday Simon...I didn't expect you to implement anything like this quickly xD!

It means that if you make a "custom brushes" folder in your "Paint.NET" folder it will look there for brushes, too.

It means that if you make a "custom brushes" folder in your "Paint.NET" folder it will look there for brushes, too.

YES!

Thank you!

I run PDN off my Memory stick all the time because i use it in different places...So this is a great help...Thank you!

:D

EDIT-Also...You made a small typo in "New Features"...You put Bushes instead of Brushes..

Unless...You're now distributing Shrubbery...

Another question: Are you planning on/is it possible to add a feature that accepts .jbr and .abr brushes aswell? As that's what many of the brushes are formatted in.

I've reverse engineered several Adobe formats in the past month (Kuler palettes, curves, and transfer maps) so I can certainly take a look at the ABR format. Zip 5 or 6 example images along with png or jpg versions so I know what they look like and I might take a crack at it sometime.

Woah. ABRViewer is open source. No reverse-engineering necessary. There goes my fun.

(I was addressing M5000 in my previous post)

if it can convert to PNG, then there's really no pressing need to implement ABR for CBM anyway.