How to Install Plugins ×

PDNWatermark

Simon Brown

Thanks Simon, this definitely out-does your original attempt. However, I think information regarding editing XML files should be included in your opening thread for new users.

signature.png

Instead of the fancy XML mumbo jumbo, why not have the plugin work similar to your Custom Brush plugin. It could simply create a folder in "Paint.NET User Files" called "Watermarks", and users can place .pngs of whatever watermark they wish to use, and the plugin could allow the watermark to be selected from the folder. Also, i suggest adding a transparency slider, to control the opacity of the watermark.

Great plugin idea though! :)

Thanks.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Because that wouldn't allow users to position them, use text watermarks or have watermarks with multiple components. If you have an image you want to make into a watermark but don't understand XML, post it here and i'll consider converting it for you.

Also, i suggest adding a transparency slider, to control the opacity of the watermark.

I'll consider it.

KaHuc.png

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I should elaborate. I grabbed the DLL and have the option available within Paint.NET to use PDNWatermark, however no install was performed and no folder was created.

Should I use the EXE installer instead of just loading the DLL into the Effects folder?

Ahhh, I've figured out what you mean now.

In the My Documents folder your installed created a "Paint.NET User Files" folder. I've now added my XML file into the Watermarks directory and it works great.

Thanks!

Here is where I found it:

<Site removed by EER - the only safe place to download plugins is this forum>

There's your problem - I can't help you with an installer created by someone else illegally redistributing a possibly old version of my plugin.

Edit: Glad to hear it got fixed. :)

KaHuc.png

• 2 months later...

Agreed, why is why it's only in the "legacy pack." I want to find a way to make it simpler and include a UI for watermarks, but recently i've been short of time.

KaHuc.png

I've got it setup and working quite nicely now.

It used to crash Paint.NET if I attempted to add the watermark to more than 1 image without closing out in between each image. But with a newer version of the program it no longer crashes.