david.atwell

***ADVANCED CRITIQUE*** - Read Rules First

208 posts in this topic

It's nice, clean, and simple. A small problem with the shading towards the bottom of the R3ASZ, but otherwise good. For the diamond shard effect, paste the picture in, and then use rotate/zoom to scale/rotate it as you need. The angle option is critical for the diamond effect.

First of all I'm color-blind. Yes I am. I did draw this pictures yesterday. Why? just for fun before bed. The text needs to get fixed as well. But I hope you can give me some hints about the color!

z3zRsX1l.png

Thank you!

Edited by AmadeusX

Hej / Hey / Hi,

I do appologies in advance if I'm making a huge mistake in posting something on this almost "dead" thread. (Newbee's clumsiness might be forgiven :grin: )

When I saw this thread, I thought it would be a good way to introduce the kind of stuffs I'm doing with Paint.net, and I wanted to know what, you guys, think about it.  BTW, I've been using Paint.net for 2 years now. 

I started from these 3 images:

932562trial.jpg

And I made this :

495503hungergames.png

Do not hesitate to comment and give me some pieces of advice,

if you want to see some other ones I made, I put some of them on my FB page (link below my signature)

Thanks in advance,

Nils

;):):D

Bondenson! I love the photomanipulations. Beautiful images. Thank you.  :cake:

@AmadeusX

Its pretty boring to me. The Grammar is very wrong. But I guess the colors are fine.

@Bondenson

I see no errors in what you did. I can't really compliment you on any of the art because its not yours, and I don't think what you did made any of the pre-existing images better.

Angel%20of%20Pestilence_1.png

This was done completely in paint.net and I want to be criticized. Forewarning I am likely to respond to your criticisms with questions however do not mistake them for excuses or defensiveness. I just want to fully understand your opinions so I know what and how to apply them to improving.

Edited by Humility

Posted (edited)

@Bondenson You need to use AA's Assistant, lightly smudge, or use some other tool to smooth the jagged edges. I think if you cropped out the blurred background around the center square, it would be better. That whitish area between the two people needs to be removed so the fire & background can show through. Even though the circle at the top was transparent to begin with, I think it would look better if it was opaque. Similarly, the characters' bodies could be better if they were more opaque (but for this image, I wouldn't make them totally opaque). The white line on the suit of the female that goes to the bottom is red outside of the centered image. Coincidence with fire or otherwise, I think it should be removed. I don't rate images, so I won't assign a rating.

@Humility You have already submitted your images to the Image Hospital area, so I won't be reviewing them myself. Also, please read the rules here; you're supposed to wait for at least 3 comments to the previous art before responding. Thanks.

Edited by AnthonyScoffler