***ADVANCED CRITIQUE*** - Read Rules First

david.atwell

Hmm well it is very nice first off.

I would change the text a little, either move it a smidge right or use a different font.

The outside of the top planet looks a little pixalated, nothing big but an easy fix

I like where the top planet/object hits the bottom one but imo I would make it more of a splash or more things shooting out.

Overall, its awesome and I like it.

Maybe make the right side a little less barren and make a shooting star with Helios ripoff tutorial? just change the colors :D

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22438

Overall: 8.9/10

Nice job :D

Hmm well it is very nice first off.

I would change the text a little, either move it a smidge right or use a different font.

The outside of the top planet looks a little pixalated, nothing big but an easy fix

I like where the top planet/object hits the bottom one but imo I would make it more of a splash or more things shooting out.

Overall, its awesome and I like it.

Maybe make the right side a little less barren and make a shooting star with Helios ripoff tutorial? just change the colors :D

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22438

Overall: 8.9/10

Nice job :D

You ruined the beauty of the event by pushing every thing in that small spot, even the text is wedged there, and its showing itself like its shy, you have a lot of empty spaces, colors are good, but the large planet looks like it made with crinkled paper because of the highlight, look at the top blue and right pink area they look very good, the sky and stars are very nice, but if you're planing to make this as a sig, then add the stars after your final sizeddown step using Noise plugin to keep them sparkling and crisp. I like the Idea anyways.

You ruined the beauty of the event by pushing every thing in that small spot, even the text is wedged there, and its showing itself like its shy, you have a lot of empty spaces, colors are good, but the large planet looks like it made with crinkled paper because of the highlight, look at the top blue and right pink area they look very good, the sky and stars are very nice, but if you're planing to make this as a sig, then add the stars after your final sizeddown step using Noise plugin to keep them sparkling and crisp. I like the Idea anyways.

Sharp:

The colors are fine...the only thing I dislike is the glowing section. There is a distinct boomerang-shaped object in between the planets (most likely the lines you drew to make the glow from) that my eyes are repeatedly drawn to. Maybe a softer, gradual curve, or something that uses the shape of the foreground planet as a mask to reshape it?

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Sharp:

The colors are fine...the only thing I dislike is the glowing section. There is a distinct boomerang-shaped object in between the planets (most likely the lines you drew to make the glow from) that my eyes are repeatedly drawn to. Maybe a softer, gradual curve, or something that uses the shape of the foreground planet as a mask to reshape it?

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

@mikl2233:

Overall, very nice work! No obvious "coloring outside the lines" issues, etc. Good tones...

I'd maybe try for a slightly darker skin-tone or a very slight lightening of the hair color.

The skin on her face has a doll-like hardness to it that's not present in the B & W version.

To my eyes, it looks like it's because the contrast between the hair and forehead is higher in the colorized pic than in the original.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

@mikl2233:

Overall, very nice work! No obvious "coloring outside the lines" issues, etc. Good tones...

I'd maybe try for a slightly darker skin-tone or a very slight lightening of the hair color.

The skin on her face has a doll-like hardness to it that's not present in the B & W version.

To my eyes, it looks like it's because the contrast between the hair and forehead is higher in the colorized pic than in the original.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

@mikl2233:

And you need to do a bit better on the cutting out, ie. you shaved off her arm a little.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

@mikl2233:

And you need to do a bit better on the cutting out, ie. you shaved off her arm a little.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

The skin color looks good on her arms, but it looks too yellow next to the eye and lip colors.

The lips look a bit off to me--is the color lined up with the original lips?

The fingernails would look better with a bit of pink instead of having them the same color as the rest of her skin—she’d look more natural.

Good job overall, and thanks for sharing it.

The skin color looks good on her arms, but it looks too yellow next to the eye and lip colors.

The lips look a bit off to me--is the color lined up with the original lips?

The fingernails would look better with a bit of pink instead of having them the same color as the rest of her skin—she’d look more natural.

Good job overall, and thanks for sharing it.

Very nice coloring actually. I'd change the eyes though... Somehow, I dunno they look piercing, inhumanly piercing. In the B/W version she's looking almost friendly, now she looks like she wants to put a gun to your head if you keep looking at her that way [yeah, I caught you red-handed didn't I? :lol: [jokes aside]] very nicely done overall

9.5/10

ElvenPower.jpg

Power comes to those who least expect it, Ambition comes to those who want it. Sometimes Ambition rules the Powerful, many times Ambition Is Power. Remember that Frodo, that ring could have been yours!

Very nice coloring actually. I'd change the eyes though... Somehow, I dunno they look piercing, inhumanly piercing. In the B/W version she's looking almost friendly, now she looks like she wants to put a gun to your head if you keep looking at her that way [yeah, I caught you red-handed didn't I? :lol: [jokes aside]] very nicely done overall

9.5/10

ElvenPower.jpg

Power comes to those who least expect it, Ambition comes to those who want it. Sometimes Ambition rules the Powerful, many times Ambition Is Power. Remember that Frodo, that ring could have been yours!

Very Nice colorization, but she has man arms, i don't know whether thats part of the original or what but just though i'd point that out.

This is a poster I designed for a school event i'm organizing, designing this got me back into Pdn. I'm having trouble fitting the "what" and "Where" text in without it looking clumsy. Click for larger size

GOGflyer-1.jpg

Very Nice colorization, but she has man arms, i don't know whether thats part of the original or what but just though i'd point that out.

This is a poster I designed for a school event i'm organizing, designing this got me back into Pdn. I'm having trouble fitting the "what" and "Where" text in without it looking clumsy. Click for larger size

GOGflyer-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

the bottom right hand corner is kinda empty, you might move the features list down a bit, untilt slightly? That would free up some "elbow room" where you could put the where and when stuff :D

Never make the 'Where' and 'When' mixed up with something else... some poor person might google directions for a place in Australia instead of the USA (as an example... my mom mistyped that word... give her a break hehe)

Personally I think it looks pretty good :wink:

ElvenPower.jpg

the bottom right hand corner is kinda empty, you might move the features list down a bit, untilt slightly? That would free up some "elbow room" where you could put the where and when stuff :D

Never make the 'Where' and 'When' mixed up with something else... some poor person might google directions for a place in Australia instead of the USA (as an example... my mom mistyped that word... give her a break hehe)

ElvenPower.jpg

ElvenPower.jpg