3d advanced curved text

yellowman

I don't have Shape3D. I already have installed it from another site.. but I don't know how to put that in Paint.net!

Can you help me? Because I wanna make things with Shape3D.

Thanx :wink:

Download the plugin, and save it in the Effect folder of the Paint.NET, usually this path (C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects)

Or for more help, visit this site, everything is explained with clear details:

http://boltbait.googlepages.com/install

"Thanks BoltBait for the site"

And you can read this too:

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2023

You are welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

very nice effect and a well written tut. I noticed the rays when they werecoming out in front of the text that if i could transform that into a disco ball it would look really cool so thats what im trying right now.

2d6nosh.png

Sorry, i cant make it. I havent gotten off the computer since i posted that reply and i cant make it. I thought if i filled the canvas with black and then made colored circles all around it then use the shape 3D sphere effect and then make the glass or chrome or whatever plates but it didnt work. I also tried about 5 other other methods but none of them worked either. But im sure one of the more experienced pdn users like Oma could make one. Im not sure if hed want to but im sure if he did it would turn out great.

2d6nosh.png

Don't give up, you almost there, make sure your canvas is:

-square shape not rectangle,

-and fill it with black(as you did),

-then add a new layer (keep it transparent) and put the colored circles on this layer,

-then run Shape 3D on the black layer,

-and then run it also on the layer with circles with same stetting but make sure to use Half Sphere Map on this time on this layer,

-duplicate circled layer and Zoom blur only one layer once or twice and you're done.

EDIT/ I posed the method then I used it to make the image, check how much time I spent..?

About 10 minutes and this is first time with no additional effects.

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

This one was a real pain in the rear end. I moved it so much and adjusted the zoom that it left artifacts behind. Let me know what you think. Resized to 600x600.

allfiredup.gif

• 4 months later...

Here is my try

3dbulletimage.png

Bullet for my valentine is a band! :D My favorite band :twisted:

please tell me how to install the 'shape 3D'? from where i can download it? if i download a zip file what i will do?

For help with installing plugins, read this: BoltBait's Plugin Installation guide

You can find plugins by name in the Plugin Index (link in my signature).

• 7 months later...

when you hit the button to add a layer, in the layer window, the layer added is automaticaly transparent. when adding text to thyis layer, the words will be visible. do not confuse transparent with hidden/invisible

transparent means there is nothing added to the layer and you can see thru it, hidden(when you have unchecked the visibility box) means you cant see the layer at all

as far as the multicolour gradient-he mentioned it but didnt provide instructions- i guess becuase you dont have to use it--- anyway, once your text is on a transparent layer, using the magic wand tool set to 0 tollerance, hold shift and select anywhere outside your text, the press Ctrl-I , which will invert your selection, run the gradient, after which you will need to hit Ctrl-d or hit enter, to deselect

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

@mountnman, thank you very much for the explanation, couldn't explain it better than you.

@jackpelter, sorry for the confusion, try to be creative and apply your own effects,

I think this Tutorials rule is applying here in this case,"10. By and large, you should lean toward publishing tutorials that depict concepts and procedures well, and not just a specific result. We don't want to lead people by the hand; we want to help them become better. You know the old adage, "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he'll eat for the rest of his life." Let's teach, not just show"

However, if you have any question, please post it here, it doesn't matter how easy or difficult you think the question is,

. You know the old adage, "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he'll eat for the rest of his life."

and i thought it was.. "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer for the rest of his life."

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my try

3dbulletimage.png

Bullet for my valentine is a band! :D My favorite band :twisted:

That's really cool, but it kind of looks like Bullet for my Valentinf lol

sig.png

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I clicked on polygonal transparency and got a quite different effect.

bulge.png

Edited by doughty

SloppySig.png

• 3 months later...

Look who saw your tutorial:

b273ac411183968dd40003fa376c6516.jpg

Actually, the text looks very nice in that image. It's absolutely everything else that makes me want to flee for my life and innocence.

Edited by AGJM

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

• 1 year later...

Great tutorial yellowman!  I was curious how you made the ring. I tried using your method and it did not come out like yours.  What image did you start with?

I realize it has been a long time since the original post was made. So I hope you are still around and can respond. 

Thanks

Yours:

post-135853-0-27807600-1398460317_thumb.

Mine:

post-135853-0-57621900-1398460608_thumb.

Signature.jpg

Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.
                                                                                  -Vincent Van Gogh

@ Brazos, as I remember, here I used two halves for the ring when rendering it in the Shape-3D plugin.

This quick video will help you, the quality of the resulted shape is not that good, but I am sure you will understand the concepts.

Please let me know if have any question. :)

http://youtu.be/TGTcRjB7Cnc

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your response and the video.

Signature.jpg

Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.
                                                                                  -Vincent Van Gogh

• 3 months later...

I've found this nice tutorial by chance the other day. Short, entertaining and effective :)

A quick first test (I now realize I should have polished a few text borders before posting ?)

3d_adv_curved_text_tute_test_1.jpg

And I used the technique to make a birthday greeting for a friend:

3d_adv_curved_text_tute_test_2.jpg

I hope @yellowman returns sometime.

• Like 3