3d advanced curved text

yellowman

This tutorial is available as a PDF. Click here to view or download it

-I made a long search in the forum before posting this tutorial so:

-If this tutorial has been submitted before please admin just neglect it and lock it.

-Friends, please If there is any misspellings or grammar mistakes inform me to correct it.

In this tutorial we will learn how to create a 3D Curved Text like this:

Primary plug-ins for this tut are:

1-Shape 3D (Effects > Render > Shape 3D)

2-Transparency (Adjustments > Transparency)

3-Zoom blur :ZoomBlurEffect: (Effects > Blurs > Zoom Blur...)

Secondary plug-ins are:

1-Multi Color Gradient (Effects > Renders > Multi Color Gradients)

2-Outline Selection (Effects > Selection > Outline Selection)

1-

-Open new file with size 2000 x 2000 px

-Using Paint Bucket fill it with black color

-Add new transparent layer and name it Fonts

-Write your words on the Fonts layer with the text and color you like leaving some space from the left and right edges of the canvas(try to make the fonts large enough, In this tutorial I used Gradient and Multi Color Gradient to color the word PaintDotNet)

-Try to align the words in the center of the Image

You will get something like this Image:

2-

-Use the Shape 3D plug-in with the amounts and effects shown in red numbers below:

3-

-Duplicate the Fonts layer and name the new layer Rays

-Put the Fonts layer on top then Rays then Background

To get something like this:

4-

-Select the Rays layer and apply the Zoom Blur on it with the amount you like as shown below(I slide it to 90) to add rays to the fonts

To get like this image:

5-

-Select Rays layer to add some Opaque Using the Transparency plug-in( I slide it to 35)

To get this image:

6-

-Select the Fonts layer and with using the Rectangle Select tool form Tools list, select only the words letters in this layer, like this:

7-

This is the most important and detailed step in this tutorial so make it so exact

-Using Move Selected Pixels :MoveTool: tool form Tools list try to enlarge the selected area by stretching it form corners and cover the wide end of the rays in the Rays layer to get this image below:

I made this short Animated GIF file to show you how to stretch the selected fonts in the Fonts layer I hope it will be helpful:

8-

-Add some effects as you like to the image , I added white edges to the letters using Outline Selection plug-in and got this final image below:

I hope this tutorial will be helpful and clear to you , thank you for visiting and a big thank you to PAINT DOT NET creators.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

That is awesome ! Very good job on guiding users through each step. Even I could follow it, and I am very new to PdN. I can see so many applications for this, I just can't wait to try some more. Another thing I can't wait to try is with other fonts. I used the Realvirtue font which has only serifs on certain letters. I imagine that more complex fonts will give more unusual effects. I did a little different kind of outline on mine, and used the water reflection plugin. Thanks so much ! Wow.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Logos/HCF3D_2.jpg

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 2 weeks later...
Very good tutorial and easy to follow. My try....

th_BREAKNEWSShaped.jpg

Very nice ! You did the 3-D part much better than I did. Can you give me any tips to get mine to arc better, yours is so smooth and even.

I think: Play with the depth radius of the sphere.

Good tut...

Thanks, I'll give that a try. That is one really complex plug in. There are so many variables it will take me a long time to really understand it. Thanks for the tip !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Thank you every one, I am glad to see you liking this tutorial, but I want you also to know that this tutorial is just to teach some concepts of 3D text, don't just follow the steps as they are to make same model, I want you to be creative and make your own images using your own ideas and effects, I know it is difficult for some in the beginning but by time with practicing on PDN I am sure it will be easy to you .

Here are some new images just to see how powerful is the PDN I hope you will like them:

.......Beveled Text.......

3Dtextbevel.jpg

.......colored.......

3dcurvedcolors.jpg

.......Gold.......

3dgold.jpg

Edited by toe_head2001
Fixed broken Photobucket images
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank you every one, I am glad to see you liking this tutorial, but I want you also to know that this tutorial is just to teach some concepts of 3D text, don't just follow the steps as they are to make same model, I want you to be creative and make your own images using your own ideas and effects, I know it is difficult for some in the beginning but by time with practicing on PDN I am sure it will be easy to you .

Here are some new images just to see how powerful is the PDN I hope you will like them:

.......Beveled Text.......

3Dtextbevel.jpg

.......colored.......

3dcurvedcolors.jpg

.......Gold.......

3dgold.jpg

Very nice effect/tutorial yellowman. I especially like what you did with the image in the middle. Any chance you can share which effect/plugin you used to create that particular bg effect? I'd like to create a similar effect, but with different colors for a project I'm working on. :)

ChitoDog thank you so much, and about the the hexagons background just follow these 3 easy steps, but you need MadJik plugin Hexagonal Grid to render it:

1-On a white layer apply Hexagonal Grid plugin (image1 below)

2-Invert colors( Negative ).

3-Use Rotate/Zoom effect find it under Layers button(image 2 below). That's all :)

ChitoDog thank you so much, and about the the hexagons background just follow these 3 easy steps, but you need MadJik plugin Hexagonal Grid to render it:

1-On a white layer apply Hexagonal Grid plugin (image1 below)

2-Invert colors( Negative ).

3-Use Rotate/Zoom effect find it under Layers button(image 2 below). That's all :)

Wow, a million thanks yellowman! Totally appreciate the info and the mini tut on how to actually create the effect. I'll d/l the plugin and get right to work. :wink: Thanks again! :D

• 2 weeks later...