How to Install Plugins ×

Buttons (ymd:110331)

MadJik

This is a great plug in that will save loads of time!

One feature request if you're still taking the time to develop this release would be to have a "tab" mode. With this mode, you could round the top corners while the bottom corners remain square. It could be something as simple as a check box on the form for the UI, but it would add a great function to an already awesome plug in.

- Glen

Hi,

Great plug-in!

I have two questions that I was hoping someone could help me with:

1) I need to create lots of buttons (each one requiring the following states mouse on, mouse off and inactive). Is there a way this plug-in or another one can help me create these quickly? i.e create templates that can be re-used?

2) My buttons are pretty small and so the border size is large... I found that if I creat my button and then reduce the size its ok... but a way to customize the border size would be ideal.

If you can help or havve other suggestions for me I would be grateful.

Thanks

Will

Hi,

Great plug-in!

I have two questions that I was hoping someone could help me with:

1) I need to create lots of buttons (each one requiring the following states mouse on, mouse off and inactive). Is there a way this plug-in or another one can help me create these quickly? i.e create templates that can be re-used?

2) My buttons are pretty small and so the border size is large... I found that if I creat my button and then reduce the size its ok... but a way to customize the border size would be ideal.

If you can help or havve other suggestions for me I would be grateful.

Thanks

Will

Hi,

1) (my way for this) Create the 3 templates (mouse on, mouse off and inactive) on 3 layers. Add a layer for each text. Save as a PDN file. Make all the layers unvisible. Select a background template and a text. Flatten and save as a png file and change the button name. Then undo to have back all the layers. Go on with other buttons...

2) The brushwidth is used to define the border size...

This was the quickest one I've done - Lovely!

This is a symbol for The United Federation of Planets/Star Trek Online group.

BUTTON.png

"Listen, or Your Tongue Will Make You Deaf" 

Native American Proverb

SIGCOMPLETED072313SPACEAGE-150pxby500pxp

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm very new to Paint.NET and the plugins here so forgive me if this is a stupid question but I'm finding it difficult to create the 'pressed' version of a button which I would need for multi state buttons.

I would normally use the Bevel and Emboss 'Up' and 'Down' properties in Photoshop to make two different versions of the same button.

Can I do this with Paint.NET and this plugin?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm very new to Paint.NET and the plugins here so forgive me if this is a stupid question but I'm finding it difficult to create the 'pressed' version of a button which I would need for multi state buttons.

I would normally use the Bevel and Emboss 'Up' and 'Down' properties in Photoshop to make two different versions of the same button.

Can I do this with Paint.NET and this plugin?

Thanks

Hi blumash, you could have any character from any (compatible) fonte, you could find a lot of fonte with monochrome images... You could also create a button without text and overlay an external image...

Hi mmbaba, to make two (or more) states buttons, you could change the colors, from light to dark...

Hi blumash, you could have any character from any (compatible) fonte, you could find a lot of fonte with monochrome images... You could also create a button without text and overlay an external image...

Hi mmbaba, to make two (or more) states buttons, you could change the colors, from light to dark...

Hi everyone,

I am new to paint.net so please forgive my ignorance. I have installed this plugin as instructed but cant find any reference to it in the effects drop down when I go onto paint.net to edit my photos. Can you help me? :D

Humm... did you try to look into the effect submenus? Buttons must appear under Effect/Render!

Hi everyone,

I am new to paint.net so please forgive my ignorance. I have installed this plugin as instructed but cant find any reference to it in the effects drop down when I go onto paint.net to edit my photos. Can you help me? :D

Humm... did you try to look into the effect submenus? Buttons must appear under Effect/Render!

I absolutely love this plug-in. very useful and a great idea. Im going to try using it for backgrounds in a real button machine, as soon as i have time. Thanks.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

I absolutely love this plug-in. very useful and a great idea. Im going to try using it for backgrounds in a real button machine, as soon as i have time. Thanks.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

• 3 months later...