The "Shine-Effect" - Text

Tobi96

Hi,

welcome to my first Tutorial.

First, I`m german so my english isn`t perfect but I hope you can understand me.

In this Tutorial we make this:

qgdzi4j3.jpg

The Steps:

1. Make a new image. You can use every size, but 800x600 is the best. You can also use 486x60. This are the best sizes. I use 800x600 in this Tutorial.

2. Fill the background with black. (You can use other colors, too.)

This is the Background now.

i5aviero.jpg

3. Add a new layer. You can give her a name, this is the text-layer. Next, you must write the text. Use a bright primary-color. This is the color which is shine at the end. Use the text-size 72 and a fat font.

Now write the text. I write "Shine-Effect".

t6dkbshp.jpg

4. Duplicate the textlayer. Now you must select "Magic Wand tool" an set the tolerance at 0%.

Next you must look at your keyboard. Press CTRL and now you must klick on the letters.

urugkvsq.jpg

5. Fill the letters the color white. You can use other colors ,too. This is the color which is the Text-Color.

a69iprwh.jpg

6. Klick CTRL+D. Go to: Effects -> Bright -> Radius 6-10

c8roqd3d.jpg

7. Go to the middle-layer. Go to Effects -> (Sorry, I don`t know this english word. You see it on this screenshot:)

6lmw2t2z.jpg

Set it on 40.

Now you CAN go to Effects -> Bright and you can bright your picture.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you have do all steps you have this result:

hdpyetpp.jpg

I hope this Tutorial is good and you can understand my "not perfect" english.

Please comment it.

Thank you

Tobi

• 2 weeks later...

On the shine-effect text tutorial when it says:

Go to: Effects -> Bright -> Radius 6-10

I don't think I have it. Can't find bright. I need some help! :?

On the shine-effect text tutorial when it says:

Go to: Effects -> Bright -> Radius 6-10

I don't think I have it. Can't find bright. I need some help! :?

• 2 months later...

Very nice tutorial, it's sort of like a neon reflecting text. Very cool. Thank you for the tutorial.

On Step 4 instead of having to click on each letter, what I did was click on the duplicated layer with the magic wand tool, then go to Edit > Invert Selection. It will then select the text.

On Step 5 instead of having to fill each letter in one by one, I went to Flood Mode beside Tolerance and selected Global, this will fill the text with the color of your choice (keep in mind that you have to have the Wand Tool selected in order to change it to global.)

***OR even better select the bucket tool, hold down the shift key and fill the selected text. (Thank you to Oma for this shortcut.)***

Step 6 and 7 stumped me, but I think I figured it out:

Step 6: CTRL+D (Edit > Deselect), Effects > Photo > Glow

Step 7: Select middle layer go to Effects > Blur > Zoom Blur with the zoom amount of 40. Then do Effects > Photo > Glow

Here are my results:

shineeffectxx.png

shineeffectxxx.png

anonmetalbarsig2.gif

Good work!

I changed it a little but it still has the same effect. I actually used it twice and it looks different because the shine effect is like all around, that's because I used zoom blur deluxe

This is what I made:

stuffandthings.jpg

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

• 5 weeks later...

Hey this tut is great!!! Just what I was looking for some forums signatures and avatars.

I found that this tut is not only good for text but also for some images.

Here's what I get...

daitanfutekishinekanji.png

fearlesssigm.png

kmt62.png

"Yo he esculpido en cenizas viendo llegar un huracán que irá disolviendo el mineral del alma..."

fearlesssigm.png

Hey Fearless, what's the name of the font you used for this one? Reminds me of the old car logo writing

• 1 month later...

Thank you for this tutorial! I looked at it before, and have been searching all over for it! Thank you very much! :)

Here's my go at it:

120gdwx.png

zyg17n.png

^ ! Made By Me ! ^

Hey Fearless, what's the name of the font you used for this one? Reminds me of the old car logo writing

Hey, I'm so sorry for the delay... I have to format my pc the last month and as you may know... I have to reload everything on it... until today that I come here for the software and saw your question.

Ok, the font is called Dr Carbfred... I don't remember where did I found it, but in case that you need it, just pm and you have it.

kmt62.png

"Yo he esculpido en cenizas viendo llegar un huracán que irá disolviendo el mineral del alma..."

Hey, I'm so sorry for the delay... I have to format my pc the last month and as you may know... I have to reload everything on it... until today that I come here for the software and saw your question.

Ok, the font is called Dr Carbfred... I don't remember where did I found it, but in case that you need it, just pm and you have it.

Thanks, I had searched a couple weeks ago and found a couple similar ones, but not the exact one...now after you let me know, I found it in about 10 seconds! : ) thanks again

• 3 years later...