Pear showing simplified blur painting

oma

LFC4Ever got me thinking about a water melon ... I guess it would be possible to use this for things like squashes etc ?

For an example, look at my image (some posts up). It's just a question about shape and color :wink:

***Edit. My wife just told me, my attempt ... "Looks like it's pregnant" ... harsh criticism but she's right :lol:

:lol:

well done Welshblue. Pregnant pear. LOL :lol: ! gotta love your little womans sense of humour. absolutely love the stem. I'm wanting a mini tut PM'd to me on that one. :lol:

pregnant pear. :lol::lol: oh I can see I'm going to have some fanciful dreams tonight. wonder what pictures this will trigger in the near future for me.

Lovely, Oma. Just lovely :P

I like your tutorials.

prynzw4.th.png(looks better fullsize(click it))

..Just a question: Do you have any ideas on how to do i.e. slices of kiwi fruit or oranges? I need some fruit slices, a friend of mine challenged me with making a realistic cake 100 % PdN.. Thanks!

everythingfadestogreysi.png

Please forgive my possible complaints. I'm but an annoying little perfectionist when it comes to using english...

"I tremble in the presence of your terrifying skills of gardening."

Lovely, Oma. Just lovely :P

I like your tutorials.

prynzw4.th.png(looks better fullsize(click it))

..Just a question: Do you have any ideas on how to do i.e. slices of kiwi fruit or oranges? I need some fruit slices, a friend of mine challenged me with making a realistic cake 100 % PdN.. Thanks!

thanks you glad you enjoyed the tut.

do you mean like the one goonfella did in this thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28459&hilit=plastic+wrap

he followed a psd tut. and gave the alternate settings to get the shiny orange segment.

EDIT real real real quick 1min job on a kiwi slice.

I didn't work out any coloration or textures. but this what you are after? you can tell its a real hack job see all the stray little pixels I left in there? :lol:

realquickquickquickkiwislice.png

do you mean like the one goonfella did in this thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28459&hilit=plastic+wrap
EDIT real real real quick 1min job on a kiwi slice.

I didn't work out any coloration or textures. but this what you are after? you can tell its a real hack job see all the stray little pixels I left in there? :lol:

realquickquickquickkiwislice.png

YES! These are exactly what I mean! I'm going to try that orange and if you could give just a few hints on that kiwi? I can see that the 'fur' is done with Jitter? And are you serious that it's just a one-minute-job? :D

EDIT3:The orange! Not as the one in the link you provided but the texture looks nice, at least in my opinion.. Recolored it! Still proud of it 8)

appelsiini2sz7.png

EDIT2:Kiwi! It took app. 20 minutes and:

kiivi2ec5.png

Getting there :lol: slow and steady..

everythingfadestogreysi.png

Please forgive my possible complaints. I'm but an annoying little perfectionist when it comes to using english...

"I tremble in the presence of your terrifying skills of gardening."

Heres a half done watermelon :)

th_melon.jpg

im not sure on how to add the shadow though

help?

do you mean the shadow where the watermelon blocks the sunlight on the ground. Or do you mean for the outside texture of the skin. If you mean the type of shadow where the light is blocked out I'd suggest you go and read this tut where Sharp shows you how to make a glass ball. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27739 There are more complicated ways that will give maybe an more exact shadow . but for a beginner project how he does it there in step 9 should look real fine with your watermelon.

one thing you might keep in mind. on a watermelon doesn't spot where I put the stem of my pear not go on the side on a watermelon. You can get that moved by playing with the x,y,z dials in the shape 3d . give it a try see if you can figure that out. if not I'll be back in tomorrow real quick and give you some settings. BUT I'm sure you can do this so try it yourself and have some fun playing around getting used to using the plugin.

EDIT2:Kiwi! It took app. 20 minutes and:

kiivi2ec5.png

Getting there :lol: slow and steady..

real good for figuring it out yourself. You have a good eye, to note what plugins I used in the real quickie version. when I did the rays I did them on a separated layer, and used primary color solid ,secondary 0 transparency. then in the layers blend I lowered the transparency. I can't wait until you post that cake in your gallery. :lol: make sure you save me a real nice big slice. :lol:

If you shape3D the pear before adding the stalk, use some bulge and layer/rotate/ zoom it could be used for cherries ...(ignoring the stray pixels :lol: )

th_cherries.png

and the pears look good in different colours

those cherries are great love the color! and the wood pear pic is very very well done. you are doing wonders with that texture.

There I Think It's Complete

th_melongoshv2.png

Thanks for the help oma

Also mad props to welshblue awesome pics love the painting one

Ah! that is so finely done. you managed to figure that out by yourself. great work. Some of the next steps you can work on is getting rid of those jagged edges. It using alpha masking , don't worry if its a hard concept to learn I have a difficult time myself with it.

ciao and I think you are on your way in Paint.Net. good work. I'm off to check if you've a gallery going yet. :lol:

OMA

ciao

for the water melon: the green should be a bit darker.

that's not a bad suggestion Boude, when you do your watermelon you can explain to LlamaXD what colors you used and how and where you blur paint for a little extra roundness. He's not been here too long and is just learning so I'm sure he would appreciate your tips. A good rule of thumb for critiques in my thread is to offer the solution with the comment.

for the person who asked me for plums.

plum and cherries

(used 3d shape and two cloud layers (changed colors to two tones of red in both primary and secondary, little darker than bright red. ) when you make the clouds don't use the seamless texture steps like I did in the Pear above. just make a layer of clouds. then use the 3d shape plug in.

so it is this

make two layers of clouds. 3d shap plugin.... its a round shape on one layer and then an oval shape on the top layer . Hint those toggles at the top where it shows sphere size. use the first three, mostly the second one, add a transparent layer in between for your stem. do the stem and then merge layers together.

the plum done exactly same way same red colors. and adjusted using blue and yellow in color balance plugin. just a bit bigger with different blend modes. HINT you will find glow and multiply are required.

plumsandcherries.jpg

thanks

its a good exercise in looking at things. By looking I mean ignoring the entire image and just looking for shapes. Once you recognize the shapes its just the color, the texture, the direction of light etc. and you are more than half way there.

Its that first step on understanding the basic shapes and how they relate one to the other that throws most of us .

ciao

Thanks for the tips Oma time to research alpha masking.

Off topic I was wondering a few years ago i had photoshop and i was wondering if there was any thing like the liquify tools "freeze" and "thaw" tools.

Thanks in advance

lolwallsmall.jpg

wrong place to ask that. Could you put the same question in the General discussion area, and if you can provide an example. It helps keep things organized in the forum. That way everyone when they search will be able to find if they have a similar question. PS make sure you name the title descriptive ie: "how do you convert liquify and freeze? "

I haven't really ever used photo shop but I'm sure there is a work around, depends on the picture you want to work on. Most likely it can be done.

ciao

OMA

oh k thanks ill get round to that. Edit: After some digging I've found there's no plugin like that's been made or being made for paint.net. oh well power stretch is kinda similar I'll just mess with that :mrgreen:

I'm not having much luck with alpha masking.

think you could point me in the right direction?

lolwallsmall.jpg

well i tried to use this tut to make a realistic looking apple after modifying it a bit :) i think it looks pretty good

i know i messed up a lil on a certain part but its still pretty good :P the apple is popping out the picture :O

applehp4.png

I agree it is really good. Now you have some real good foundation skills from this tut and the ability to see how to apply them to other objects. a bit more practice and you'll be giving me a run for my money. O Boy I have to quit giving all you young whipper snappers all my tricks. You all will be outclassing me in Paint.Net soon.

ciao

OMA

I agree it is really good. Now you have some real good foundation skills from this tut and the ability to see how to apply them to other objects. a bit more practice and you'll be giving me a run for my money. O Boy I have to quit giving all you young whipper snappers all my tricks. You all will be outclassing me in Paint.Net soon.

ciao

OMA

• 2 weeks later...

PEAR_mask.gif

Thanks OMA - another great tutorial from you which I enjoyed doing. It took a while to figure-out how to do the shadow. I put the layer below the background to do it - I hope that was correct? (Except I now see the right side didn't come out - bother!!!!).

Many thanks :lol:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.