How to Install Plugins ×

Animated Image 2.4 - AGIF & APNG

Simon Brown

^your picture does not work

Sorry about the recent broken Images. I was playing around with the file names on my website and forgot to change them back.

@superkingt...I will assume that you've used the Rotate/Zoom effect to create the frames, and used 5 degrees increment for each frame for Twist Radius option...

Wow your good.

I got a new plugin that let me make it a box so I did that. I didn't try the Rotate/Zoom until today, and it didn't work. Thanks for the tip.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a plugin to open and save animated GIFs, one frame into each layer. You will have to rename them to .agif to be imported and rename them after saving (I did this to avoid conflict with the built-in GIF handler). Place this plugin in the FileTypes folder.

WHERE IS THE PLUGIN??? There is no link ANYWHERE to let me download. Please tell me where to find the file... or attach it to reply. Thankyou very much.

Here is a plugin to open and save animated GIFs, one frame into each layer. You will have to rename them to .agif to be imported and rename them after saving (I did this to avoid conflict with the built-in GIF handler). Place this plugin in the FileTypes folder.

WHERE IS THE PLUGIN??? There is no link ANYWHERE to let me download. Please tell me where to find the file... or attach it to reply. Thankyou very much.

The reason that the download link goes to my plugin pack is that I no longer offer this as a separate download, however, after you download my pack you only need to install this plugin.

KaHuc.png

The reason that the download link goes to my plugin pack is that I no longer offer this as a separate download, however, after you download my pack you only need to install this plugin.

KaHuc.png

KaHuc.png

ok. Is "this" susposed to be a link? it didn't work. There was no where to download your pack.

ok. Is "this" susposed to be a link? it didn't work. There was no where to download your pack.

I finally got everything downloaded and installed. But I don't know exactly how to work the animated gif files etc. I've made animated gifs manually by saving each layer as a .gif file of it's own and then putting them in the animation program like UNfreeze. (ie: http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii340/mykesmayl/ShippingOutBlinkie.gif )

Will this plugin animate the layers with out me having to save each layer? If so how exactly?

I tried just saving it as and .agif file, but it didn't work. Also tried to save as .avi file, but it wanted to flatten all the layers... so ovbiously that didn't work either.

Also trying to open animated gif in paint.net, is it suspossed to seperate the layers again? Because I haven't been able to do that either.

Any advice would be great. Thanks, Myke

I finally got everything downloaded and installed. But I don't know exactly how to work the animated gif files etc. I've made animated gifs manually by saving each layer as a .gif file of it's own and then putting them in the animation program like UNfreeze. (ie: http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii340/mykesmayl/ShippingOutBlinkie.gif )

Will this plugin animate the layers with out me having to save each layer? If so how exactly?

I tried just saving it as and .agif file, but it didn't work. Also tried to save as .avi file, but it wanted to flatten all the layers... so ovbiously that didn't work either.

Also trying to open animated gif in paint.net, is it suspossed to seperate the layers again? Because I haven't been able to do that either.

Animated GIFs actually have the same extension as normal ones. However, as PDN can already open normal GIFs, if I assign my extension to .gif you won't be able to use it as Paint.NET's native handler would take preference. So I use .agif instead and to get it to work you must rename .gif files to .agif before opening, and .agif files to .gif after saving.

KaHuc.png

Animated GIFs actually have the same extension as normal ones. However, as PDN can already open normal GIFs, if I assign my extension to .gif you won't be able to use it as Paint.NET's native handler would take preference. So I use .agif instead and to get it to work you must rename .gif files to .agif before opening, and .agif files to .gif after saving.

KaHuc.png

KaHuc.png

Thankyou. I think I got it. Thanks for the plugins. -Myke