Simon Brown

Animated Image 2.4 - AGIF & APNG

461 posts in this topic

There are countless issues with the animated gif filetype plugin..

Original made many years ago: affbutton.gif

Tried to make it square: affbutton_square_01.gif

Updated: 

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/31629-Works flawlessly...

affbutton_square_02.gif

Issues

• Lack of transparency support
  • Quality severely damaged by this plugin
  • Importing creates a layer for each frame, but moving the image in the layer ( ie to center in resized canvas ) creates a duplicate of the frame so you have to go back and remove others ( I also tried without removing in case it was a mask, but transparency still escaped the saved file even if I tried apng or agif instead of gif )
  • Lack of options during save phase ( It should have gif options, ie transparency PLUS current 2 options )

I tried another which doesn't downgrade quality but has the same issue with transparency... Am trying out masking in paint.net with another addon, hopefully it won't show up as an extra frame or so......

Any solutions? Am going to try the alternative suggested by midora shortly.

Edited by Acecool

Either something is wrong with my Windows installation, or something is wrong with the current version of Paint.NET... but the plugin doesn't seem to work anymore.

Don't keep us waiting... :smile:... in what way does it not work? Is there an error or something?

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MyAnim.PNG.PNGAnim.CreatePNGStatic(Int32 frameIndex)
   at MyAnim.PNG.PNGAnim.ParseFrame(Surface scratch, Int32 frameIndex)
   at MyAnim.PNG.PNGAnim.GetFrames()
   at MyAnim.PNG.MyAnimPNG.OnLoad(Stream input)
   at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 495
   at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

The problem files are attached

ICON0.APNG

ICON1.APNG

ICON2.APNG

EDIT: Assuming it's a problem with the newest version of Paint.NET, and the plugin needs to be updated... then while you're at it, I suppose having an actual "Desired Framerate" box (and an animated preview) wouldn't hurt either.

Edited by Amaroq Dricaldari

And the problem happened again, this time when I tried to open a .PSD

It seems that the problem only occurs whenever I try to open a Plug-In filetype, but I can still save in those filetypes just fine.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.Threading.PrivateThreadPool' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Core, Version=4.12.6099.39434, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at PaintDotNet.Data.PhotoshopFileType.PsdLoad.Load(Stream input)

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 496

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

As it stands, I still have no idea if it's just a problem on my end (messed up installations), or if it's a problem with the newest version of Paint.NET.

Edited by Amaroq Dricaldari

This plugin is good, but I it has missed two important things.  First one - AGIF not supporting transparency. And second - during saving I cannot select 24 bit or 8bit GIF image I want to save. It defaults to 8bit, even if the source is 24bit. 
See example source file in attachment.

ws_loader.agif

Posted (edited)

Hi @msangel.  There is another Plugin to make animations by Midora which supports transparency and here is a How To use the Plugin ;).

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Edited link

13 minutes ago, Pixey said:

...@msangelhere is a How To use the Plugin ;).

The Link is broken. (http twice)

Thank you @IRON67 - I forgot to check the links before posting :mrred:.

Edited your second link Pixey. It had an extra HTTP in it.

16 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Edited your second link Pixey. It had an extra HTTP in it.

Oh dear .... I really made a dog's dinner of that post :mrred:.  I edited the duplicated one and forgot to check the other.  Many thanks to those who look after mesmileys-verwirrte-906519.gif