How to Install Plugins ×

Upload to... v2.6

Simon Brown

I've thought about it, mainly from the perspective of a search plugin, but the fact that a plugin to do that already exists made it a lower priority.

Interesting. I must have missed this. Are you referring to your StockLibrary plugin?

• 2 months later...

Hi Simon,

I can't get Upload To to work with imageshack (either with my account or with a non-account upload). I've been able to set up the plugin with my photobucket account, so I'm fairly sure I installed the dll's properly. (I have ImageShackUpload.dll and .pdb, SBCommon.dll and PhotobucketNet.dll all in my Effects folder. I've made sure they're all unblocked). I'm running PDN 3.5.5. and all the plugins come from your latest plugin pack (except the PhotobucketNet.dll, of course).

There haven't been any crashes, so there are no crash logs to share. However, when trying to upload to imageshack I always get this error message: "Upload failed. Try again with a different site."

When I try a non-account upload, these are my (minutely detailed) steps: I click "Edit Profiles..." and I create a new profile. I name the profile, and select imageshack from the pull-down menu. I uncheck "use account." I click "OK." Back on the "Select a site" window, I click the imageshack profile, then one of the sizes. It seems to be sending the data, but then I get the error message I mentioned at the bottom of the "Select a site" window.

For an account upload, my process is the same up to leaving the "use account" option checked. I've tried both putting in my registration code (found on my imageshack profile page) and leaving it blank, but I'm always sent to the imageshack registration page. When I log-in, nothing happens with PDN. If I try to create a new account, nothing happens (other than me being stuck with an account I don't need.) If I try to upload anyway with PDN, I get the same error message as before.

What am I missing?

I've read every post in this thread and in the "Simon B's Plg Pack" thread, and haven't found any answers. I'm sure the failure is on my end, so I'm hoping you will show me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

DoctorSlopSignature.png

I'll look into it... However, I happen to know the owner of the site. It should be pretty easy to work with. I'll post back with some more info...

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

If Legacy = no longer supported/if it breaks, no fix/no updates, I object.

I use this pretty often.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

If Legacy = no longer supported/if it breaks, no fix/no updates, I object.

It does. It currently doesn't work that well, for example the TinyPic method is currently broken without an account (at least for me) and I don't have time to keep up with changes to the sites' APIs. While it isn't compatible with all site and browser combinations, DragFrom solves the same problem.

It being moved into the legacy pack wouldn't guarantee it's abandoned forever, just reflect the state it's currently in and mean that people just wanting to install some plugins don't download something that doesn't work.

KaHuc.png