Frozen Text Now with a guide to ALPHA MASKS

m2lucky

Hey hope I did this right you need to explain the eclipse step so they know where to put the eclipse but other than that it was an excellent tutorial

frozentxtis3.png

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer." -Ralph Waldo Emmerson

"A single enduring statement can grant immortality." -Author Unknown (This is what we call "Irony")

new_signature_by_falltodarkness-d3i6it7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very cool tut and very easy to follow. I like the effect and I really like the way some of you have used it. This is my try at it, I know it's a little over the top but I kind of like it. What do you think?

How did you get the silver/metal effect on some of them? That is so cool ! I could really use that. It reminds me of the second Chicago album. Any of you remember that (from like a hundred years ago) ?

Nicecream.jpg

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Thanks guys I am really glad you enjoy the tut. That nicecream one looks really good

Thanks (blush :oops: ) It's a really cool tut. Thanks for posting it. I see so much possibility in what can be done with this effect. I'm trying it out on something else right now. I have so much to learn but you guys are so good and are so good at breaking it down it makes learning a lot of fun.

Wow thank you I am really glad you enjoy it. Thank you so much for the compliment I am glad to know my hard work was worth it :) :). Also I was wondering?? some people have been using alpha masks on this tut. I have recently learned how to make alpha masks. It would be useful to me to know if people would like me to add alpha masks to this tutorial, because I would like to be able to help as many people as possible

Music Brings color to the world

Photobucket Sucks!

My Gallery|Frozen Text|Snowy Font|MSNBC Effect

Wow thank you I am really glad you enjoy it. Thank you so much for the compliment I am glad to know my hard work was worth it :) :). Also I was wondering?? some people have been using alpha masks on this tut. I have recently learned how to make alpha masks. It would be useful to me to know if people would like me to add alpha masks to this tutorial, because I would like to be able to help as many people as possible

I have not used the alpha mask yet at all. I have not gotten to the more advanced stuff yet, as I'm still learning. The tutorials really help ! There is no way that I could figure out this stuff without all the people who are real artists and understand the program side of it. I make a living as a cartographer/spatial analyst so I don't have a lot of experience in art. I guess there is a little artistic aspect in cartography, but mostly it's technical kind of stuff. I only got into this because I needed to make some graphics for my GIS website and really got hooked on it. I've done some graphics for three websites now. Anyway, I tried it on an object, an outline of my home state that I did for a mapping project, and then added chrome letters. I'm real happy with the way the state turned out, the letters not so much. I don't know what I'll do with the finished piece, but I know I'll use the Metal Indiana in a map or website. I might use the finished piece in a video. I do video projects for my You Tube channel and it might look good in one. But to answer your second question, yes, I would really like to see the alpha mask in this tut as I'm sure it would help me learn how to use it. I know I really need to learn how to use it at some point but I've been reluctant to try it yet because I'm more chicken than possum. So thanks again for the really great effect. I always wanted something that looked like this and could never figure out who people did it. (Insert big grin here) I really like it.

Indiana_metal1_sml.png

Thanks so much for the comment I really and glad you enjoy my tutorials, and I am glad you are finding practical uses for them. Also because of you I just updated the tutorial with a quick guide to alpha mask :)

Thanks very much, I can use all the experience I can get. I did a tut tonight that used the alpha mask and it is very helpful to get a smooth edge for the text. It's pretty cool how you can use it to cut out and cut into an object. I did the Gold Text tonight and was really pleased with the final results and feel that I learned a lot from it. I can't wait to try it out on this effect. This is really one of my favorites so far because it can be used in a variety of ways, not only on text but on objects as well. Thanks again !

Hey guys thanks for the support. I don't exactly know how I can improve on the alpha mask part to help you, but If I find a way I will let you know. It would help if you posted results then I could better help. If any of you guys need help in any other way I would be glad to help

BTW: IT it my 100th post :) *highfives all around*

Photobucket Sucks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, i like the use of the 'Alpha Mask' effect, I use a Batman Forever font (downloadable at http://www.dafont.com) and added a new layer :AddNewLayer: . I put a background in and put it below my text layer. Then I changed the Blending mode of my text layer to glow, then used an Effects>Photo>Glow on the text layer with these settings:

Radius: 1

Brightness: -100

Contrast: 100

Flattened it and voila! :D

Landscapes0098_thumblarge2.jpg

Here is the background i used if anyone wants to try this out:

Landscapes0098_thumblarge.jpg

snow.png

:D-=[gotta love paint.NET]=- :D

chichimama that is a really nice pic. I think it does look realistic.

Sugarcoat: I am really glad that you have found the alpha masks tut in here useful. I really like that glow effect. The batman font really looks good. Thanks for sharing your techniques with everyone

Photobucket Sucks!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
thanks guys Im glad u like my tut.

Gazek: I like it if you used alpha masks it wud b a little more anti aliased, but other than that it looks good

Yeah, but I'm not downloading alpha mask any point soon.

Serious graphics up in that post. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...