How to Install Plugins ×

Printer+ v1.5

Simon Brown

Secure Download

If you get a warning, try the unencrypted download.

Many people have expressed their dislike with the Paint.NET printing interface, so I have written a plugin that allows images to be printed using a similar interface to MS Paint.

To print something out using this plugin, merge all layers then click Effects -> Tools -> Printer+.

X0yNr.png
More screenshots:

Hidden Content:
6hOeb.png
y6TCD.png

• Like 1
KaHuc.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! :D I always had troubles printing strangely sized pics, had to go to MSPaint.

:D

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

• 11 months later...

Simon,

Thank you for taking the time to create this plugin. Although I do appreciate all the time and effort the authors of Paint.NET, and after reading so of their posts on the subject that it was done for the sack of pre-existing options available to shorten the code develop time, the Print Wizard is too inflexible for a lot of printing applications, and so thanks again for your efforts.

Bee46

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Wow, a printer feature that prints the whole image - unlike the Windows 'dumb' wizard which always seems to trucate my images.

Excellent, if I'd had this loaded from the start it would have save me hours of my life...

Edited by siowena

• 2 years later...

Is my printer weird or something? This plugin does exactly NOTHING for me. The zoom on the left-hand side changes the size of the picture on the screen, but the printed picture comes out exactly the same size. If I click the page setup button and change the margins, the picture re-sizes on the page, but I can do that easy enough by just re-sizing the canvas.

What I want to do is specify that a jpg that is 600 pixels by 300 pixels be printed at 300dpi and have the image come out 2" by 1". I have not been able to figure out how to do that. Every other printing program I know of can do that, but not paint.net. Why?

My printer is a HP Photosmart premium, purchased about 3 years ago. I'm running Win8.1 on a custom built desktop with more than enough power for a simple printing job. I think I understand DPI and resolution; I certainly understand how to make PSP do anything I want it to, but sometimes I'd like a lighter app. For everything except printing, paint.net is great.

Is my printer weird or something? This plugin does exactly NOTHING for me. The zoom on the left-hand side changes the size of the picture on the screen, but the printed picture comes out exactly the same size. If I click the page setup button and change the margins, the picture re-sizes on the page, but I can do that easy enough by just re-sizing the canvas.

What I want to do is specify that a jpg that is 600 pixels by 300 pixels be printed at 300dpi and have the image come out 2" by 1". I have not been able to figure out how to do that. Every other printing program I know of can do that, but not paint.net. Why?

My printer is a HP Photosmart premium, purchased about 3 years ago. I'm running Win8.1 on a custom built desktop with more than enough power for a simple printing job. I think I understand DPI and resolution; I certainly understand how to make PSP do anything I want it to, but sometimes I'd like a lighter app. For everything except printing, paint.net is great.

Try this one (Print it) http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/28520-print-it-tools-effect/

HFuQlot.png