How to Install Plugins ×

Evan's Effects (open source as of October 16, 2012)

evanolds

May I suggest moving Polygonal Transparency to the "Object" submenu?

i6zed2.png

I honestly see no use for a new submenu if it includes only one entry. The meaning of submenus should be to produce a clean user interface and to avoid an overcrowded one. We do not know if this submenu is "accepted" like Object, Tools and Color. Considering that general transparency effects rather go in "Adjustments" I see the possibility that half a year in the future this submenu will still feature only one single entry. Now that I mentioned this, I also think a "Transpareny" submenu may confuse the users.

By compiling all effects into a single DLL you sadly force me at the moment to either take all of your effects or none, if I don't want the Transparency submenu - both bitter options. Major plugin contributors like Pyrochild, BoltBait, Madjik... therefore provide single DLLs for each effect. In my opinion, you should consider this choice as the best of both worlds.

May I suggest moving Polygonal Transparency to the "Object" submenu?

i6zed2.png

I honestly see no use for a new submenu if it includes only one entry. The meaning of submenus should be to produce a clean user interface and to avoid an overcrowded one. We do not know if this submenu is "accepted" like Object, Tools and Color. Considering that general transparency effects rather go in "Adjustments" I see the possibility that half a year in the future this submenu will still feature only one single entry. Now that I mentioned this, I also think a "Transpareny" submenu may confuse the users.

This not bad really. I would like to see all the plugins named something_Alpha_something together there.

• 5 weeks later...

Love all the plugins ! I have been using the 3D quite a bit lately and have found some fun and useful things to do with it. Thanks !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

just downloaded and used the quad reshape . Vey nice. It will make my life so much easier.

One wish list item: coordinate values. I will be converting about 25 32X32 images (turning counter clockwise 45o , then squashing it in half) Since these images will be tiles in another app, they need to fit together. Having a level of precision will be a majore time saver.

Thanks again.

• 3 months later...

Hi Evan -

I have latest Firefox browser on Windows XP/SP 3.

After i assigned paint.net to open your FX plugin pack, i downloaded your FX pack (mainly for the Quadrilateral Reshape tool), but when the Paint.net workspace opens, this message appears- "The image type is not recognized, and cannot be opened" !!!

How do i open this download ?

Heres the download info in your post :

Download: http://www.evanolds....l/EOEffects.dll

(download link is case sensitive)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I was going to get this but it says ,This file type can harm my computer,a different warning than usual. Is it ok?

File is clean. False warning ...

If you are using Internet Explorer, this is the message you'll get for any .dll and a number of other file types to prevent people from doing things they shouldn't, prevent hackers from doing various things, etc.

In this case, it's not actually evaluating the file in any way, just looking at the .dll extension and throwing out this "warning." ... Just ignore (on some levels) when its from a trusted source. As always though, practice due diligence on any file you grab with basic virus scan checks and site reporting, etc.

Evan's effects code is clean, etc for a short version, just select Run Anyway to make the crazy warning go away or View Downloads so you can move it if you didn't download it directly to your effects folder for ease of use.

Edited by delpart

Gallery at PDN-Fans

• 7 months later...

Most generous! I'm off to grab a copy. Thanks Evan!

Edit: WOW!

• 2 weeks later...

You don't need to download the source files unless you wish to study how Evan writes plugins. It's terribly complicated - so unless you have quite an understanding of C# I suggest you give the source files a miss.

If you just wish to use his plugins, download them (the *.dll file) from the first post in this thread and install them as you would any other plugin. You don't need to open the *.dll file.

• 1 year later...

Does anybody have this plugin to rehost? It appears that the www.evanolds.com website is down. I'm looking for a way to reshape a selection (or a layer) to an arbitrary shape. Thank you very much!

Edited by theGECK

I agree, I would like to see this pack re-uploaded. I liked a few things from it, mainly Quadrilateral Reshape. I realize there are other plugins that pretty much do the same thing, but I found this one to be the easiest. I would like to recommend this pack to people looking for certain helpful plugins. I myself do have most of this pack, but I don't know how to upload/share files.

Does anybody have this plugin to rehost? It appears that the www.evanolds.com website is down.

I have added the .dll file to the original post.

I'm not sure if it is the most recent one. It was the one on my machine.

I do not have a copy of the source code or demo images, sorry.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...