Make some Gold Text!

LFC4EVER

TwinBlade778: Nice outcomes! Good job!

bereantrb: Thanks, i think you've got a problem with the alpha masking. Don't worry, alpha masking is tough at first but once you master it, you can do wonders. :wink:

Blooper: Thanks, but i like the text colour this way. I think yellow would make it a bit too bright for my liking.

[MH]AWG: Nice result! Good job!

Brygard2008: Nice result! Good job!

cherry_morphine: Thanks!

Yvil: Thanks, and i'd love to see the text in use for you're website.

TopHATslash: Thanks, and yeah, i got the idea from the tut on PSD tuts, and decided to make a tut after a few people asked.

hyrule: You can skip the bevel stage by using BBs handy bevel plugin, but i prefer to create bevels myself, as theres more flexibility.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

• 2 months later...

Woo Hoo ! I did it. Wow I'm tired. I can see what you mean about the bevel having more flexibility if done this way. I will try it with the bevel plug in though just to see what happens. I can't wait to try this on a different font. I used Bernard MT Condensed but I think a more rounded font might look pretty good too, like maybe Cooper Black. Has anyone tried it with a more complex font like a Gothic type font? I do have a question about the beveling steps, if you made the settings a little higher would that give a more pronounced bevel or would it just mess it up because of the ratio to the alpha mask? I'm not sure if I'm saying what I'm thinking it's kind of hard to explain. Anyway, here is my first shot at this, thanks very cool text effect.

Possum_GoldText.png

If you mess around with the luminosity and the color balance you can get a more yellow gold look, but it gets a little edgy so you might need to redo the alpha mask. Then if you apply the dither plugin you can get this nifty Disco Possum effect !

DiscoPossum_Logo.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

I finally had the time to do this tutorial. I have been wanting to try this out, and I am surprised at how much mine looks like the example :D I thought it would be way off.

Great tutorial, now I have a different look on Alpha mask, I might actually understand it better too!

Here it is:

GW_small.jpg

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

Both of your results look great! I'm glad you both learnt a lot too! :D

Possum, gothic fonts work, and the bevel bit can be decreased or increased to give how much bevel you want to a limit for it to look good. It wont mimic PS's chisel hard bevel though. ;)

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Both of your results look great! I'm glad you both learnt a lot too! :D

Possum, gothic fonts work, and the bevel bit can be decreased or increased to give how much bevel you want to a limit for it to look good. It wont mimic PS's chisel hard bevel though. ;)

Love the effect this gives to text. The extra work to get the bevel is really worth it. This is using the font Exocet Light.

Original with color adjusted for a more yellow gold.

DPS_Gold1_sm.png

Done with the Curved 3D effect

DPS_Gold5_sm.png

With an added pleated leather effect for a background.

DPS_Gold3_sm.png

Then that led to this...

DPS_Gold2_sm.png

And finally my most recent sig

DPS_Gold4_sigs.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am new so I apologize for this question...I am having some difficulty with this tutorial. Everything is fine until I get to the first beveling effect on the layer entitled light bevel. When I am finished my text has a noticeable white bevel to the right of the text.

BevelStep.jpg

Any ideas about what may be causing this? I apologize for the choice of text. This is for a sign for a 3D community beach.

Thanks in advance for any ideas....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...