Simple *Round* Glass Buttons

cjmcguinness

Nice tut, I made the avatar I'm using now with it. It even let me know more about making orbs (where I failed the tut twice).

Here's a full view of it before resizing, you can see that it lost some detail when I took it down to avatar size.

J_avatar.png

Juds_Fire_sig.png

100% PDN

Hello!! I'm new!! [i'm italian... I try to write you... i don't know if you will undestand]

I love paint. Net :D

I make this web site only whit it! http://www.zeldahh.it

Mumble...

I tried do this tutorial...

What do you think about this?

:D

pulsanteglasskw8.png

I'm Italian! speak English slooooowly!!! XDDD

firmaom3.jpg

glassbutton2.jpg

glassbutton3.jpg

glassbutton4.jpg

glassbutton5.jpg

glassbutton6.jpg

glassbutton7.jpg

glassbutton8.jpg

glassbutton9.jpg

glassbutton10.jpg

glassbutton11.jpg

REDGLASS.jpg

GREAT TUT DUDE , SHOULD BECOME A PLUGIN!!!

Hey rick , if you see this , instead of stickying it, make it best tut :D:D :wink:

sig.png

Broken toaster =

(Rushes to HomeBase!)

Not sure if somebody's asked, but after you click delete is the entire layer supposed to be blank? I know somebody on the first page asked, but he said he got it..

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Not sure if somebody's asked, but after you click delete is the entire layer supposed to be blank? I know somebody on the first page asked, but he said he got it..

dont "click" delete... press delete on your keyboard to get rid of the unwanted section in this step of the tut.

sorry i cant do caps in my sentences, i broke my finger last night at work and am doing all my pc stuff one handed atm.

Juds_Fire_sig.png

100% PDN

Okay, my first was better, but this is for a party I have to do so I will post this one..

FOOD.jpg

ahhemm... anouncing dundundundun! the greatest banner of all times....

Keitra_Engrave_Ani1.gif

dont "click" delete... press delete on your keyboard to get rid of the unwanted section in this step of the tut.

sorry i cant do caps in my sentences, i broke my finger last night at work and am doing all my pc stuff one handed atm.

That's what I did. I pressed delete.

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

ncfan51, he's just pointing out that you may have meant "press" but you wrote "click". Obviously, seeing that these are to completely different actions, you can see where mass confusion could ensue.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

I think I know what you are talking about. It kept happening to me and I was getting mad. Make sure you are using THIS tool...

:MoveSelectionTool:

Not the

:MoveTool:

Hope this helps....

:]

I think I know what you are talking about. It kept happening to me and I was getting mad. Make sure you are using THIS tool...

:MoveSelectionTool:

Not the

:MoveTool:

Hope this helps....

Oh, thanks a lot Dalton :D ! Now we are even 8) *!

*I helped you on "cutting out images the easy way", remember :wink: Wowee! That was such a long time ago :roll: ...

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Not the

lol... yeah, now that you mention it, I did the same the first 2 or 3 tries on that step :lol:

Juds_Fire_sig.png

100% PDN

Use Edit > :Deselect: Deselect instead. (Ctrl + D)

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Hi there,

I'm a big fan of this tutorial and this site in general. I was wondering if there's any way to get a similar "glossy" effect for square images. Are there any plugins available that can create the shiny/glossy effect automatically?

Thanks!

I know of no "glossy" plugin so far... but I'm sure that someone will make one sooner or later if its possable. ;)

As to squares and rectangles being "glossed over"... donno if that would work very well opticial wise, seeing that a square has a flat surface and that a round or oval button is bulged. The glosses do tend to give the object the slight 3D effect which would not look right on a flat surface I think.

I would suggest giving the tut a try with a square and just see what you come up with 8)

btw, there's a tut for what you want to do---> http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1158

Juds_Fire_sig.png

100% PDN

Yeah, I've done that tutorial a couple times and it's not quite what I'm looking for. I guess I'll keep playing with this one. Thanks for the response!

I've been having a go at square buttons on and off for a while as well; this is about the best I have come up with.

SquareGlassButton.png

I can put together a tutorial if anyone's interested, but it may take me some time to remember all the steps.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

I've been having a go at square buttons on and off for a while as well; this is about the best I have come up with.

Nice, but its still the problem with the lighting effects not being able to show the deepness to the square button.

Your button is well done, but as I see it, the light is comming from the upper left side, but the refelction is going horizontaly across the button, which gives it a slightly wrong lighting effect. Also, if the light is comming from the upper left, then the shadow should be going to the lower right in its darkest portion.

But still a very nice job on the button, after seeing yours, I think I'll give it a go (as soon as my SOTW for weather is fin) to see what I can come up with.

Juds_Fire_sig.png

100% PDN

As I see it, the light is comming from the upper left side, but the refelction is going horizontaly across the button, which gives it a slightly wrong lighting effect. Also, if the light is comming from the upper left, then the shadow should be going to the lower right in its darkest portion.

OK. point taken. I've redone the Square Button (it may be slightly different as I was struggling to remember all the steps from the first time I did it), changing the reflection to a diagonal and adjusting the drop shadow to bottom right.

SquareButtonv256.png

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

I'm impressed mate... 8)

Have you thought about doing a second brighter highlight like on the round buttons? I think that would give it the final touch :D

Juds_Fire_sig.png

100% PDN