Magic Circle *Pictures! Lots of Pictures!!!*

Hazmaninan-devil

This tutorial is available as a PDF. Click here to view or download it

Moderators Note: Pictures in this tutorial rehosted by ReMake.

My first Tutorial, please be gentle ^^
First of all, You might wanna have BoltBait Polygon/Stars and Zoom Blur Deluxe plug-ins installed. And also some runic/magical symbols fonts as well, you can find them by just googling "Runic Symbols font". Here's one of the fonts I used (The only one I remember where I got it from :P)

Anyway, let's get started!

1.png
1. It's easier to position the circle if the canvas is a square.
2.png
2. Use the bucket to fill the background black.
3. Add new Layer
4. Using the circle-drawing tool, Hold the Shift button and drag the mouse to make a perfect circle.
Alternative 4. Go to "Effects">"Render">"Polygon/Stars...", Max out the vertices. then use radial blur to make it smoother.
3.png
5. Add new layer.
6. Go to "Effects">"Render">"Polygon/Stars...", Don't be concerned with perfectly fitting the polygon/star to the circle right now. Just make sure it's the right size for now, and choose the shape that looks best.
4.png
7. Add a new Layer (You don't have to add new ones if you don't want to, I just find it easier to work with.)
8. Create two perfect circles, one inside the other using shift + drag, to create a crescent moon.
5.png
9. I played aroun with the star depth and verticies until I got something close to a sun.
10. Circle-select the "sun" and use the "move selected pixels" tool to drag it to the other side opposite the moon. Rotate it using the right-click mouse drag to rotate and align it to the pattern of the overall circle.
6.png
11. Add new layer
12. Write anything using the runic/magic symbols font, Here I wrote "Solara"
13. Rectangle-select the text, drag, and rotate.
14. That's pretty much the basic patterns, just experiment with different symbols, shapes, stars, and circles.
7.png
15. After step 14, you might get something like this.
8.png
16. Add some glow to each layer. To make it more fun, try playing around with the glow parameters differently for each layer.
17. Use the "Merge Layer down" button on the history window to flatten all layers except for the black background.
9.jpg
18. Go to Layer>Rotate/Zoom, use the globe or the "twist radius" button-thingy to put the circle at an angle; like it's on the ground.
19. Duplicate layer
10.jpg
20. Go to Effects>noise>Median Blur, and slide on these numbers. (on the bottom layer only!)
11.jpg
21. Go to Adjustments> Levels and slide the middle output cursor all the way down.
12.jpg
22. Go to Effects>Blur>Zoom Blur Deluxe and give'em one of those ^
hmmm, still something missing...
AHA!
13.jpg
23. Hehe, I almost forgot. Use glow on the top layer thusly.
24. That's it! You should have this \/ as your finished product ^^
14.jpg
Hope you enjoyed it 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
ishare.png

Where do you put the text download to use it?

Great tut by the way!

Once you extract the file, you have to move it to the 'Fonts' folder on your computer.

Will make one when not lazy. :P

Great tut by the way!

Once you extract the file, you have to move it to the 'Fonts' folder on your computer.

I'm not good at finding files... so, where would that be?

Great tut by the way!

I'm not good at finding files... so, where would that be?

Ok. Go to the Start Menu, click 'Control Panel', click 'Appearance and Themes', to the left it should have a little icon with the word 'Fonts' next to it, click on that and drag the file there.

Will make one when not lazy. :P

WOW this is really cool i like this :shock: :D

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

Damn! Thats a nice effect, makes me want to watch Fullmetal Alchemist again.

When I actually try to start my RPG Maker XP project, I'll definitely use this for one of the later boss battles.

this is mine :mrgreen:

coolmagiccircle.jpg

i had to change the glow on the top layer coz when i did it before it went really dark :shock:

I've Been Waiting A Long Time

For This Moment To Come

I'm Destined For Anything At All

MyreasongforreadingHP.gif

My Reason For Reading

Harry Potter Just Bled To

Death On The Floor Of The

Shrieking Shack!

I like the last few steps. :)

Thank you ^^

I got that idea from an awesome tut in this forum, I don't remember what was it called though :oops:.

this is mine :mrgreen:

coolmagiccircle.jpg

i had to change the glow on the top layer coz when i did it before it went really dark :shock:

Wow, this is awesome! Good job ^^

Here's my try: You can see that my Glow paramaters changed the outside of the circle.

Untitled.png

Cool glow :D It's like the magic is at the climax of power! Nyahahaha...

Sorry 'bout that XD

ishare.png

Amazing result. :D

I tried it, then, using our good friend UnFREEZ, animated it... poorly. Thus activating the magic locked within.

th_400spin.gif

It needs some work, but that's my rough draft of an "activated" magic circle. ... Well, the zoom-blur induced glow would've worked too... whatever. I'll stop rambling now.

Amazing result. :D

I tried it, then, using our good friend UnFREEZ, animated it... poorly. Thus activating the magic locked within.

th_400spin.gif

It needs some work, but that's my rough draft of an "activated" magic circle. ... Well, the zoom-blur induced glow would've worked too... whatever. I'll stop rambling now.

O3O

This is so flippin' awesome!!! I gotta try it!!

ishare.png