Sunset

Ash

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

watersun.jpg

I am new at this so this is only the second thing I tried I missed some layers could not get them to work but I am happy :D Thank you for showing me how to make it :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@PeterPawn:

Really nice job. I like the little touch you added with the clouds. It looks great.

I really enjoyed this tut. Thank you so much, Ash. I am fairly new to PDN, so I've been working on a lot of these tuts. It's nice to find one that is so easy to follow. Here's what I came up with:

sunset-1.png

After reading through the discussion, I also thought I would try a moonrise using the basic concepts here.

moonrise.png

dolphinsig-1.png

• 3 months later...

^^ Love the tutorial. Might have to mess with it even more. Well here is my attempt when I mess with the coloring. I was going for a "the sun is blowing up over the ocean" kind of look....:( looks like it is to big to upload so here is the deviantart link to it:http://xstarburstx.deviantart.com/art/And-it-will-crash-to-the-seas-112802310

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Step number 5, I cant seem to get that gradient. How do I do it? Step 9, the water plugin, I cant seem to get these either. HELP!!!!

I believe the water reflections is the correct one. I got help with the color burn, I still can not get the water to appear or anything. There has to be steps left out in this tutorial, if so, Im so beyond angry...as I have been working on this for days. Do not publish tuts if they are incomplete. How is a newbie suppose to learn the difference?

I still can not get the water to appear or anything. There has to be steps left out in this tutorial, if so, Im so beyond angry...as I have been working on this for days. Do not publish tuts if they are incomplete. How is a newbie suppose to learn the difference?

i would advise you to modify your post how you have written it is sounds extremely rude.

Ash did not say this was a beginners tut. also keep in mind when this tut was made. many plugins have been added and modified since he has written this. (ASH wrote tut in 07 Madjik modified and improved the plugin in 2008) of course the screen shots will not be correct.

a screen shot of exactly where you are going off on the tut goes a long way for us to help you out. It could just be a matter of you have one wrong setting or have the incorrect layer highlighted. or any number of other minor adjustments you need to make. a Screen shot helps us help you..

ciao OMA

I believe the water reflections is the correct one. I got help with the color burn, I still can not get the water to appear or anything. There has to be steps left out in this tutorial, if so, Im so beyond angry...as I have been working on this for days. Do not publish tuts if they are incomplete. How is a newbie suppose to learn the difference?

I think I know what you're doing wrong. The water plugin has to be used on the background layer, not the one you just created. Am I right?

I think I know what you're doing wrong. The water plugin has to be used on the background layer, not the one you just created. Am I right?

It could just be a matter of you have one wrong setting or have the incorrect layer highlighted

exactly what I was thinking. but a screen shot of where she/he is in the tut would have helped from the very beginning.

ciao OMA

water refelctions is it?!?!? hmm i check my water reflections and i cant get it to work so i dont know what to do :(

th_500by150pdnsig.jpg