Interface Orbs - Long and Image Heavy

-Expiration-

Thanks! Can't wait to see your finished work!

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I finally finished. Here's mine:

halo_interface_orb_with_background.png

Took me awhile to finish it and the reflections don't look the best because of the large amount of white, but I think it turned out ok.

Edit: Great tut. Thank you so much.

sig.png

Nice result there Fuffuloo, glad you enjoyed my tutorial! :P

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

That is, if I can find the time (and will) to write more. :P

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Nice result there Fuffuloo, glad you enjoyed my tutorial! :P

Thanks. Yeah, your tutorial was awesome. It wasn't something simple like, "doyawanna no hoto mek clouds? :D:):( :o you haveto start pdn and thenclik onteh clouds button. sometimes icnat' find the button doe. :x ykou have to look rillyhard inteh renderlist so ya," but at the same time it was easy to follow. Keep em up!

sig.png

Haha, thanks! :lol::P

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Pretty sick did you make that brush or did you cut it out?

Oh, no, I just cut it out of the Paint.NET logo.

I love you, Expired :P

Thank you. :mrgreen:

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my first attempt. I know I messed up somewhere and am still refining my methods but I love the tut. Great job.

jasonlayers2.jpg

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I need some help here please

In Step 12 by “Draw a white filled circle…” you mean to select the Ellipse Select (shortcut key: S) tool draw a circle and fill it with white or to select the Ellipse (shortcut key: O) tool on “Draw filled shape”, draw a white circle like you instructed in Step 2 “using the Ellipse tool on "Draw filled shape", draw a dark gray circle”

In Step 13 “Using a transparency gradient, draw a linear gradient …” how do I do this?

Nakis400x120.pngShutter-10.gif

Thank you “Call me expired. Please.” I got it.

But in Step 13 “Then set the Transparency to about 50% Transparent.” setting Adjustments/Transparency 50% was a mess. So I double clicked the Layer Properties and set the Opacity to 100 (there is no % in that setting window) and it worked perfectly.

Thanks again.

Call me expired. Please. Your tut is one of the greatest.

Your place is on mount Olympus. But please think of us mortals.

It took me ages to figure out what I was doing wrong between “Draw a white filled circle…” and “Using a transparency gradient, …” I kept forgetting to change :AllColorChannels: to :AlphaChannel: and vice versa. Another thing that confused me was the Transparency % which for me newbie would have been better with the minus sign i.e. Then set the Transparency to about -50%

Well here is my try :)

26942_ddc37e3933c28fb258992cae07339b7b

• 1 month later...

Well i just had a bit of a go using this method to make an avatar 4 my self attached to the bottom is my effort

i had some troubble when it came to the rectangle reflections so i skiped that and i got totaly lost on the shadows so i improvised a little

29351_7cec6d84884ab117ed8a745d6c648475

Well i just had a bit of a go using this method to make an avatar 4 my self attached to the bottom is my effort

i had some troubble when it came to the rectangle reflections so i skiped that and i got totaly lost on the shadows so i improvised a little

• 1 month later...

amazing tutorial...not extremley easy, but easy enough for a beginner like me. There were a few things I couldn't get right, but i took advantaeg of a few plugins to obtain a similar effect.

here's my attempt

saturnorb450x450.png

siglk.pngsigrg.png

Very nice tutorial. I really enjoyed it. I also liked how clear and layed-out each step was, very easy to follow. Nice screenshots of each step, too. That's what made it really easy. :D Good job.

Here's my go at it:

button.jpg

sig1.jpg

• 1 month later...