Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jake2k

New & Improved 3D Text/Logo Tutorial!

178 posts in this topic

Can you make a small tut for the use of Alphamask? I'm not as glad with my edges as I should be :/

13025_404d7bb23d04644b98ed7c3c51ccecfe

Can you make a small tut for the use of Alphamask? I'm not as glad with my edges as I should be :/

Here's a link to a tutorial showcasing the AlphaMask plugin from our own Crazy Man Dan. It's how I learned, and the one I still refer to when I need it.

http://cmdsketchpad.com/tutorials.php

Thanks for the great feedback guys! I'm happy that this one is understandable haha

Wow. Like the original, but with added crunchiness! The technique is awesome.

Most certainly something to try the first chance that I get!

The small details are the best, like the little shines, and also how the object becomes more out of focus the further away it is. Subtle, but adds to the overall result greatly.

I don't usually pop into the Tutorials section unless I'm e-mailed about a reply to my own tutorials, but yours was the first I stepped on whilst in here, and it's making want to visit more often.

Here mine

but can't make it shine if someone know why thanks for the help

14424_3b1157157565cf389cfb9418c919b5bb

The "Roll/Rotate Orb" is included in the Rotate/Zoom function under the Layers menu. (Layers > Rotate/Zoom)

Alternatively, you could press Ctrl + Shift + Z to bring up the dialog.

Hope this helps.

First Attempt

th_Letter.png

Second Attempt ( thanks for the great help Expiration!)

th_b.png

Other Attempt

th_S.png

Best personal work Ever Made On Pdn

th_bS.png

Great results everyone! I'm happy people can understand this one haha

@Bugster: I'm sooo sorry, I forgot to pm you back :oops: . At least Expiration was able to help you out and your outcome is really nice btw ;)

Great results everyone! I'm happy people can understand this one haha

@Bugster: I'm sooo sorry, I forgot to pm you back :oops: . At least Expiration was able to help you out and your outcome is really nice btw ;)

No Problem , Expiration helped me a lot with his tips and tricks, thanks you say for the great outcome, i love it aswel

I'm new to PDN, but i did quite well till the feather blurring, becuase i seem only to have feather which gives an totally different effect and not even a nice one :(

Can someone help me out?

I'm new to PDN, but i did quite well till the feather blurring, becuase i seem only to have feather which gives an totally different effect and not even a nice one :(

Can someone help me out?

Sure. Instead of using feather blur, you should refer to barkbark00's realistic chrome text tutorial by clicking here and look for the mention of "alpha mask". Use the apha mask technique for cleaner lines, as Jake2K said. Show us your work when your done with it.

oops. Corrected link above.

well we all know I'm not too good on text here is my attempt somewhere along the line I got lost ( yet again,,,,) but think it came out not too bad

atlastafairlydecenttext.png

I like the backdrop it's on-looks like polished metal, especially like the dots. That would make a neat tabletop!

As for your "not becoming transparent-ness" part, you can use Transparency and turn the slider all the way up to 100%. It saves a little time. Still, great tutorial. :D

Nice! where did you get that font?

my attempt:

extrudedzizoiz.jpg

Heh. I just realised how hard it is to see the (I guess you would call it an extrusion) against that background.