Popping out of a picture.

Great tutorial! :D

{

}

How do you elongant it?

Did you ask me?

Well, if yes:

Hidden Content:
I did not elongate it, it was just a picture, if you want to, I can give you the original.

If you refer to the distortion, I moved the tower to a separate layer, ran twist, and smoothed the edges.

Did that help?

• 3 weeks later...
Great tutorial! :D
Move this layer above the black box layer. Then select the black box layer and use the magic wand to select the box. You can then use the "move selection" tool to elongate the box so that it creates a white frame around the picture.

How do you elongant it?

Select either the white arrow or the black arrow(not sure which one) on the toolbar and pull the lines central nodes away from the picture.

Or, set your secondary colour to white, and use Canvas Size. Just remember to anchor your picture to the center ;)

• 2 weeks later...

here's my incredibly sloppy attempt at making it realistic....

I took all the photos from the opposite angle I was supposed to, and I took one center shot... so instead of unhooking my monitor again and taking the pictures of the background from the proper angle I decide just to rotate the tv and ghoul, it did add a more 3d effect, but the tv looks more choppy...

the idea is that it's not a tv anymore, it's a computer monitor, and someone's playing fallout 3 with 3d glasses on lol... the picture in the background is my computer room, used to be my sister room, that's why it's purple

Hidden Content:
FeralGhoulPopout.jpg

I haz a website! Made August 30th, don't be hating on my html skills, I'll work on the template when I'm done getting what I want on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

tonyadoran,

1. After you invert the selection, be sure that you are

pressing the Delete key, not the backspace key.

2. There appears to be a step missing.

After Magic Wanding the black box, use

the Paintbucket tool with a right-click to

turn the box white.

Use the Move Selected Pixels tool on the

selection adjustment nodes to expand the

selection for your white border.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wow I feel really stupid

I am stuck at :

Select the black box and then select the second picture layer. Invert the selection and hit delete so all that remains is the picture that is in the shape of the box

I dont understand how to invert the selection. with what click where

Ekkk :oops:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is my go at it. Admittedly it needs more work but I wanted to get some opinions as to how to improve on it. My main difficulty was with cutting the image. It isn't real clear as to how to do the invert selection. I tried it numerous times just the way it said in the tut but to no avail.

firsttry.jpg

Here is my go at it. Admittedly it needs more work but I wanted to get some opinions as to how to improve on it. My main difficulty was with cutting the image. It isn't real clear as to how to do the invert selection. I tried it numerous times just the way it said in the tut but to no avail.

I like it... looks like they are reentering from another dimension or a black hole, I would add an outer space background on the outside and maybe a swirly black hole inside.

martelshiney300-1.pngbleeping12.png

• 4 weeks later...