Popping out of a picture.

spongey437

Wow! There are some great renderings of this tutorial above mine. The "RV" in my image is on display at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan. :)

truck1a800x600.jpg

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

im surprised that no one had done this picture yet... its the first one that came to my mind... thanks for the effect.

pulpfiction.jpg

sig2.jpg

"but I find it better to think with my head, not with my gut." -Carl Sagan

• 2 weeks later...

I did this one as a new Paint.net user following your tutorial. As you can see even a rank beginner can get good results with this awesome program.

medalsproject4iberty-sealborderA.jpg

I did the one below this morning......

3dpistolsepborder3.jpg

And another

pop-up3D.jpg

Thank you and Paint.net

These were fun.

I love the results, they look awesome and I want to try it. With that being said, as a newbie I would like to make a request. Can someone please type out the steps w/ out the pics, maybe even w/ steps numbered. I would like to copy it into ms notepad or the like so I can easily follow along at same time step by step. It gets a bit confusing trying to keep your place and scroll through all that when you try to do it this way. Don't get me wrong, I love all these tuts with the pics b/c you know if you are doing it right if it looks as it does here but when I try to follow along while doing it, I get a bit lost trying to scroll. Hmmm, did that make any sense? Am I the only newbie that has this problem? :oops: TIA.

If you just select it all and copy it into notepad, it'll just ignore the images. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

If you just select it all and copy it into notepad, it'll just ignore the images. :-)

Ahhhhh,now that is something this dumb person can handle...unlike most of these tutorials I have tried so far. :lol:

I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm only two days new to Paint.NET, and already I'm enjoying it immensely. The following is only my second project (the first is a family-only image), and it's thanks to this tutorial that I made it!

SteveFlying.png

EDIT: Added transparent image below (didn't know at first that PNGs can be transparent!)... Doesn't look quite right, but his hands were cut off in the original photo, too.

SteveFlying_02.png

Used just about the best picture we have ever taken in the decades of pictures that my family has been taking. The moment I saw this tutorial, I knew that this was going to be the picture I'd use to do it.

I plan on using this tutorial a lot in the coming weeks, as it has created a great idea in my mind for some graphics for a website I'm helping out on.

~ Joy ~

Hiii..i m new to this paint.net but wanna learn more things in this..

Hey i m not able to do this..

the trick is really good..

but i didn't get by what u said.. i mean creating that black box from where the picture should pop out cant be done.. how to do that.. only first two steps i was able to do..that is creating duplicate layer till there.. next step i was not able to do..please any one help me..i m new to this paint.net..using it from last 2 days thats it...

and one more thing i dont know how to use layers i mean when i duplicate layers i m not able to go to prev i mean 1st layer..how to do this?? really good thing i found is this one..and i wanna learn plss help...

thanx!! :D

actually i selected rectangle from tool bar and created a black box where the picture is covered which should be popped.. now next step i.e Select the black box and then select the second picture layer. Invert the selection and hit delete so all that remains is the picture that is in the shape of the box.

i didnt get what you said..i selected the black box by using rectangle select.. later i dont know how to select the second picture layer nd also inverting it.. please now help me..after a long try i was able to create a black box..now u have to help me in this step please...

Hiii..i m new to this paint.net but wanna learn more things in this..

Hey i m not able to do this..

the trick is really good..

but i didn't get by what u said.. i mean creating that black box from where the picture should pop out cant be done.. how to do that.. only first two steps i was able to do..that is creating duplicate layer till there.. next step i was not able to do..please any one help me..i m new to this paint.net..using it from last 2 days thats it...

and one more thing i dont know how to use layers i mean when i duplicate layers i m not able to go to prev i mean 1st layer..how to do this?? really good thing i found is this one..and i wanna learn plss help...

thanx!! :D

actually i selected rectangle from tool bar and created a black box where the picture is covered which should be popped.. now next step i.e Select the black box and then select the second picture layer. Invert the selection and hit delete so all that remains is the picture that is in the shape of the box.

i didnt get what you said..i selected the black box by using rectangle select.. later i dont know how to select the second picture layer nd also inverting it.. please now help me..after a long try i was able to create a black box..now u have to help me in this step please...

You can select the layers by clicking on the layer you want to select in the layer selection box. If you don't have the layer box, go to Window> Layers. (F7 is the shortcut)

For selecting the black box, once you have selected the layer the black box is on, use the magic wand tool (first column, fourth one down in the toolbar) to select it by clicking on your black box. To select the inverse, press control-I. Then select the layer that you did not cut out, and press delete! Hope this helps! :D

EDIT: My try:

source

mushroompopout.jpg

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

Heres my crack at it... :D

l_8988525c3833f43bdedac9a5b054bf58.png

I think you mean

[img=http://a9.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/49/l_8988525c3833f43bdedac9a5b054bf58.png]

On forums we use BBCode, not HTML. :)

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Heres my crack at it... :D

l_8988525c3833f43bdedac9a5b054bf58.png

I think you mean

[img=http://a9.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/49/l_8988525c3833f43bdedac9a5b054bf58.png]

On forums we use BBCode, not HTML. :)

yeah i just fixed it!