Popping out of a picture.

spongey437

i added rick brewsters "fading/blending gradient" tut and what came out seems to be a good enhancement of my t-rex "walking back into life, harhar!" effect...8)

T-Rexpicblueoldsmall.jpg

mjs.jpg

Everything is coming out right besides the frame. I can't get it to stay white.

It is transparent until I merge the Background and second layer..then it just dissapears altogether.

Can someone tell me what im doing wrong?

Thanks!!

hi liquidcore,

look what i've found in the rules:

"If the moderators want to reorganize or officiate things, then we will -- that's our job, not yours."

besides that - this thread's got a dynamic discussion and it's just 2 month old.

hi chrisleighk,

after you used the "move selection" tool to elongate the box, just use the paintbucket tool with white color. make sure, you're in the blackbox-layer. move the paintbucket tool in the frame and white it out. thats what i did...

mjs.jpg

Yeh, I know, I kept editing my post with new images and forgot to change 3 to 4. Anyway, how about some comments on the images?

They look great, clever ideas :D

lylcoup3.png

WatRuLknAt?

Excellent! Just like the "out of bounds" contest on Worth1000.

May I make two suggestions?

1. The shape you describe is a lot easier to make if you create a filled square on a new layer and then use Layers > Rotate/Zoom to move it to the desired angle. That way you can ensure that it will look angled correctly, and not crooked. (Yours looks fine, but I foresee problems with other people...)

2. Feather. A lot. Every layer. It makes things look a lot cleaner and more natural.

My attempt on this is coming soon...

Anyway, I LOVE the tut! Great work.

You were correct about problems with creating the shape David. Could you suggest the levels or amounts we should use in Rotate/Zoom? I am having a problem with this step and am stumped thus far. :?

lylcoup3.png

WatRuLknAt?

I like the shadows.

But there your frames are really small.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my work on this tut, I learned a lot doing this. Thank you for creating a great tut :D All comments are welcome thanks all

EagleandLiberty.png

The origional pic is by: Michael Cox

lylcoup3.png

WatRuLknAt?

Im sorry but m very new to this stuff, where is the feather tool? lol i know it sounds like a dumb question but im not kidding.

Thanks in Advance for putting up with my dumb-ness(?)

My go at it... Let me know what you think... And yes the smoke was kinda difficult

[image]

That's pretty amazing. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Hi Folks, I have been trying this tutorial and really need some help. I am a complete novice at photo manipulation and a bit of an idiot. I can only get as far as step 2, I don't understand how to create the black box or how to proceed any further. You folks are probably having a good laugh but is there anybody who could give me an idiots guide on how to do this tutorial. I need detailed button by button guidance. Is there anybody out there who has the patience to help?

Hope you can help

Briddo the idiot :cry:

hey there everyone im new and need help please i tried following the way to getthe picture to pop out but its not helping i cant seem to get it right is there any easier way to do it for a dummy like me lol please help thanks in advance

i have got the first 3 steps, i select the black box meaning i check only the black box? then you say select the 2nd image not sure what do do here. perhaps you can separate the 4th and 5th steps in this tutorial

thanks, mrmagoo144

cant see very well you know.