HDR image blending (tone mapping)

Tanel

Wow!

Very professional tutorial you have there, Tanel :wink:

I will definitely use this

rich.png

Sig by CommanderSozo. Kiss him. Now. :D

*The above post is not to be taken seriously. The above post contains sarcasm, and if you were offended by the above post, it is purely coincidental

Sign here __________*

If you use PdN, don't click this.

• 1 month later...

How do you differently expose images (on a digital camera for example)?

"By trying to reinvent the wheel every time we find very often with square wheels" ...X-blaster

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Awesome! I had always wondered how this was done. I'm going to go try it right now. I'll post my results when I'm done.

(Although nobody has posted here for quite some time...)

EDIT:

Here's one I made. I tweaked the color a ton and did some color matching with other photos to get it to look surreal. I kinda like it, however it's over exposed. Maybe I'll do better on my next one :P

szhxndxksmmwsp.png

• 3 months later...

Just want to throw this out into the public. When I clicked on the links for the sample for curves+ my firewall blocked it from loading. After some investigating I found out it was because it has spyware associated with the link. I am not sure if the spyware is part of the website for what, but I just wanted to let everybody know.

finalsig2.jpg

My Humble Gallery

Astronomy Fans group on facebook

I see things, I'm an astronomer

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Terrific tutorial, thanks very much.

The Curves+v2.4 is no longer available though I did find Curves+v3.0 by googling. The .dll needs to be installed as well as a .dll that ends in [REQUIRED] (if people are still using this tutorial).

I'm hoping someone can help me though, I am unable to get the recommended reversed 's' curve as the top and bottom points remain in the top right and bottom left corners. Can anyone help on my first HDR project?

The Curves+v2.4 is no longer available though I did find Curves+v3.0 by googling. The .dll needs to be installed as well as a .dll that ends in [REQUIRED] (if people are still using this tutorial).

I've updated the plugin links in the tutorial.

You can add control points by clicking anywhere there isn't one.

Move a control point by clicking & dragging it.

Right clicking on a control point removes it.

See in the first pic two control points have been used to alter the start & finish points of the curve?

• 1 month later...

Awesome tutorial! I am a photography nut, and it will be great to be able to do a little HDR without spending 100 smackaroos on Photomatix :) Haha :) Thanks a lot!

Untitled.jpg

• 2 months later...

Great tutorial! It has really helped with my understanding of the Curves+ plugin!

Thiiiissss

Someone should really make a plugin for the curves plugin. I know it changes certain colors and other things, but I don't understand much else. Like how you should change the line to make certain colors change/disappear.

Very well written, but it's hard to see the difference between the 3rd original image and the final image, especially when I have to scroll to the top, and back down.

Could you move them so they're side by side?

SamusSig-1.png

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Awesome tutorial, really, i agree with everyone else. :)

but ah... why is this not in the photo touch ups forum? just curious.

Dex+477+sig+pic.png

• 1 year later...

This is still a great tutorial.  Unpinning due to potential incompatibility of Gaussian Blur+ with Paint.NET v4.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.