Using New Fonts For Paint.NET

HITMAN-X-

Killer93yo that very disrespectful. I do not highjack your tutorials and repost them as my own in the same topic so don't do it to me.

Also this tutorial I made was for fonts that will WORK with Paint.NET (TrueType).

Killer93yo - a large part of that post is pretty pointless, as only TTF fonts will work on PdN. Keep that in mind; you may want to edit your post.

Also, we don't PM questions and answers on this forum. Keep them in the open, where others may benefit.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 4 weeks later...

I've recently installed quite a few TT fonts off of dafont, and I've noticed that my font window has become quite sluggish to respond ever since. Every time I try to change the font, it takes longer for the window to open and longer for the cursor to respond. After a while it becomes tedious, and I'm trying to figure out if there's something I can do to fix this. Should I just uninstall all the fonts and put them back in one at a time (would take forever to test!)

Thanks for any info!

MrRezister2a.gif

Complex fonts (such as "decayed" or "distressed" fonts) are slow to load. Lots of them are even slower. It's not Paint.NET's fault; it's just the fact that you have a lot of fonts.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

yeah i noticed that, "sidewalk" is another font thats really slow to load along with certain ding fonts

the artist formerly known as recon04

th_1210908099158.gif

• 1 month later...

Great tut

but i figured out a easier way with little steps

but u need winrar (Which most ppl have anyways)

But i just got a bunch of new fonts very cool

11qk5xv.jpg

Im still learning :D So Not the Best Sig Out there (Tips would be great)

• 3 weeks later...
It won't let me load the files cause they are ttf. It says the file type isn't recognized. Help?

True Type Fronts not recognized on windows ?,

Were did you download the font(s) ?

Have unziped the font file ?

Have you tryed other fonts to make sure it not just this one ?.

Oh My god. I'm so sorry. x x; I caught my mistake when I remembered that I'd forgotten to extract it to the desktop. I dunno if it's normal or not, but on my computer, I have to extract it to the desktop before I place it into the font file off my control pannel. But that worked, so yea. Anyways, thank you for taking the time to reply. :mrgreen:

I did it! Thank you HITMAN!

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. I did what your tutorial said Hitman, and the fonts were installed successfully. I checked them on Microsoft Word and they worked perfectly. They even worked in regular MS Paint. However, when I try to use them in Paint.NET they don't show up at all. Do you know how to fix this?

I used fonts from DaFont.com and they were all TrueType by the way.

Ok 1st thing is to restart Paint.NET by closing out and reopening. Now when you use the font tool the font list picks Arial 1st so there could be fonts above that. So move the scroll bar up to the very top and then look down the list.

hmm, no admin rights should not be the problem if the fonts are working in other programs.

Could you tell me the names of the fonts so I could go and download them and test them out.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having a little trouble with installing the fonts. Some help? Everytime when I am just about to install my fonts into that main Fonts folder; Step 3, I can't. An error always comes up sayin, "The BACK.TTF file is currently being used and cannot be replaced. Wait until Windows is finished using the file, and then try again."

What do I do?

• 3 months later...

If I missed anyone posting this link, sorry ! This site has 6500 free fonts. There are some really useful fonts on this site but it takes a while to brows through all 6500.

http://www.webpagepublicity.com/free-fonts.html

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 4 weeks later...