Using New Fonts For Paint.NET

HITMAN-X-

Nice tutorial.

This is what I do:

1. Download font

2. Extract to desktop

3. Open Control Panel

4. Open Manage fonts folder

5. Drag the new font file into the folder.

1. Good

2. Good

3. Good

4. Good

5. Bad because it can cause errors at times. As said before in this topic.

Nice tutorial.

This is what I do:

1. Download font

2. Extract to desktop

3. Open Control Panel

4. Open Manage fonts folder

5. Drag the new font file into the folder.

1. Good

2. Good

3. Good

4. Good

5. Bad because it can cause errors at times. As said before in this topic.

It can cause errors? I didn't know that. I haven't had any problems yet.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

• 1 month later...

I. Can't Do. It...

I do all the steps then on the part when you click 'ok' it tells me the file's being used...

I got it off Dafont.com if that helps?

Ok , now I finally got it installed but PaintDotNet doesn't have it in the drop down menu...

I must be missing something obvious...

signaturequ6.png

On November the 21st, exploder wrote: "for the record im estonian i have:all the same letters that the english alfabeth has+äöüõ" (on a debate about his post not having the letter 'p').

Oh the ironing...

Black is a type of cheese manufactured in the lower West corner of Austria. Deal with it.

My DA : My pathetic site : Imageshack : Facebook

Reason that the file could not be installed was because another program had it in memory.

Did you close and reopen Paint.NET after you installed the font ?

Is the font a Ture Type font ?

Did you check the whole list of fonts in Paint.NET as many fonts end up above the Arial font.

• 2 weeks later...

erm hi guys thanks for the tut...but i have one question and CBA to go through all the pages individually reading everones post to see if they have asked the same question that im asking...(cant say u wouldnt do the same....were humans; lazy :P) anyways....can i just delete the .ttf file after installing the font???

thanks again for the tut and all of the other tuts!!!

MarcusFenixSigWIP.png

Were do you want to delete it from ?. After you install the font it should have put a .ttf file in the font folder for that font. If you delete the .ttf file for that font in the font folder, you delete the font itself. However if the .ttf file is not in the fonts folder then deleting it should have no effect.

Were do you want to delete it from ?. After you install the font it should have put a .ttf file in the font folder for that font. If you delete the .ttf file for that font in the font folder, you delete the font itself. However if the .ttf file is not in the fonts folder then deleting it should have no effect.

Well i have downloaded the .ttf file to my documents and then i do the process and then it installs the font in the font folder and im still left with the .ttf file in my documents!

Can i delete this? I thought it was like a .exe file...once you have downloaded the .exe file and installed the program you can delete the .exe file?!?!

Thanks

MarcusFenixSigWIP.png

• 1 month later...
So where do I put the new fonts for PdN?

Did you read anything in this thread? It's gone into in deep detail on the first page of this thread.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

At Midnight on Friday, March 28th, (early Saturday morning) DEXTUT.COM will go offline for 24 - 48 hours at most. We hope to be back online by 9am EST on Sunday morning, or earlier but are still allotted a 48-hour window just in case.

This means that any tutorials such as this one hosted by me HITMAN-X- will be down for that time frame. Do not worry this tutorial and my other tutorials will be back up online in no time.

The reason for this down time is that my web server is being moved to a newly build data center in Ohio with a better network that should be 3 times faster then the old one (The old one was fast, how much faster can you be).

Anyway I am letting you know this so you wont E-Mail me going the tutorial is down. It will be back up, this is a planned thing to give better service.

HITMAN-X-

Sorry about the 2nd post under my other one but I would like to let you know that the site is now back online and the move is over. All tutorials by me are up and running once again.

Thank You

HITMAN-X-

Sorry about the 2nd post under my other one but I would like to let you know that the site is now back online and the move is over. All tutorials by me are up and running once again.

Thank You

HITMAN-X-

You coulda hit the edit button. :P

• 3 weeks later...

System Requirements

OpenType fonts work with Windows XP and Windows 2000.

TrueType fonts work with all versions of the Windows operating system.

To use PostScript Type 1 fonts, you need to install Adobe Type Manager (ATM) or ATM Deluxe. If you are running Windows XP or 2000, you do not need to install ATM since it is part of the operating system already.

You can use a font management utility to install and manage your fonts.

After installing fonts, you may need to restart an application or reselect the printer in the application to make the fonts appear in the font list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installing OpenType or TrueType Fonts in Windows

We recommend installing only one format — OpenType, TrueType, or PostScript — of a font. Installing two or more formats of the same font may cause problems when you try to use, view, or print the font.

Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel

Note: In Windows XP, choose > Start > Control Panel

Double-click the Fonts folder.

Choose File > Install New Font.

Locate the fonts you want to install.

In the Drives list, select the drive and the folder containing the fonts you want to install.

In the Folders list, select a folder that contains the fonts you want to install. (Make sure you have unzipped or Extracted them first.) The fonts in the folder appear under List of Fonts.

Select the fonts to install. To select more than one font, hold down the CTRL key and click each font.

To copy the fonts to the Fonts folder, make sure the Copy fonts to the Fonts folder check box is selected.

Note: If installing fonts from a floppy disk or a CD-ROM, you should make sure this check box is selected. Otherwise, to use the fonts in your applications, you must always keep the disk in the disk drive.

Click OK to install the fonts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installing PostScript Type 1 Fonts in Windows XP or 2000

PostScript Type 1 support is built into Windows XP and Windows 2000.

We recommend installing only one format — OpenType, TrueType, or PostScript — of a font. Installing two or more formats of the same font may cause problems when you try to use, view, or print the font.

Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel

Note: In Windows XP, choose > Start > Control Panel

Double-click the Fonts folder.

Choose File > Install New Font.

Locate the fonts you want to install.

In the Drives list, select the drive and the folder containing the fonts you want to install.

In the Folders list, select a folder that contains the fonts you want to install. (Make sure you have unzipped or Extracted them first.) The fonts in the folder appear under List of Fonts.

Select the fonts to install. To select more than one font, hold down the CTRL key and click each font.

To copy the fonts to the Fonts folder, make sure the Copy fonts to the Fonts folder check box is selected.

Note: If installing fonts from a floppy disk or a CD-ROM, you should make sure this check box is selected. Otherwise, to use the fonts in your applications, you must always keep the disk in the disk drive.

Click OK to install the fonts.

DONE!! Now you can use the new fonts in PDN and notepad etc. on your PC or Mac