Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HITMAN-X-

Using New Fonts For Paint.NET

147 posts in this topic

I keep seeing people asking how they get new fonts and how they would use them in Paint.NET. So I made this tutorial to help them people out.

View Tutorial: Adding Fonts For Paint.NET (Windows 10)

View Tutorial: Adding Fonts For Paint.NET (Windows 7)
View Tutorial: Adding Fonts For Paint.NET (Windows XP)

Edited May 13, 2012 to remove old links used during the website move. Links above are working however if there any issues, please let me know and I will try my best to fix it.

Edited by HITMAN-X-

Nice tutorial.

Just remember, as Rick stated in another post, Paint.NET supports TrueType fonts, not OpenFont fonts.

So, if you know of a good source of FREE True Type fonts, post links here...

Nice tutorial.

Just remember, as Rick stated in another post, Paint.NET supports TrueType fonts, not OpenFont fonts.

So, if you know of a good source of FREE True Type fonts, post links here...

Thank you for pinning this up BoltBait. Yes I understand what you mean. What about PostScript fonts ?

Anyway when you download your fonts they should be .ttf files. I belive .ttf fonts are True Type.

Aaaaaand, after a very thorough search, there are - count them - ZERO non-trial programs that can convert OpenType to TrueType. -.-

Aaaaaand, after a very thorough search, there are - count them - ZERO non-trial programs that can convert OpenType to TrueType. -.-

Well, there's FontForge, but that's Linux only.

:evil: I cant do it :oops: at all...lol...

huh. What part do you not get. I be more then happy to try and help you more with this.

Thanks for the tutorial,

How do you know if the font your trying to install is the type that works with PDN? is there an extension to look for?

Thanks for the tutorial,

How do you know if the font your trying to install is the type that works with PDN? is there an extension to look for?

As the tutorial siads in the description "TrueType fonts are .ttf font files". Also when your adding fonts to the Add Fonts window it tells you if they are TrueType or not. Look at Step 3, the 3rd image.

I happy this tutorial has been a help to you :wink:. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask :).

anouther font site is dafont.com

and i dont know if this works for anyone else but for simplicity since when i get fonts i get a lot i save it to desktop, where i have a copy of my fonts folder, and just drag and drop after i have unzipped the font file. it installs like that, not much simplier but for those who didnt understand the first way, or use massive amounts of fonts that might be a bit easier.

I'm using a truetype font called LetteroMatic that refuses to work for Paint.net. I've followed the tutorial. I'm using the latest version of Paint.Net. I'm tired of having to switch to gimp to finish my comic.

I downloaded it to give it a try.

The preview doesn't work, but the font works fine. Just click on the blank space where Letter O Matic should be.

good tut :)

but you should make one for advanced users to because

i only had to look at the last picture to know how to install it :D

Per my other thread about a similar subject that was locked:

I was not seeing some of the fonts I had installed, even though I could see them in Word...

I restarted the app (paint.net) and still couldn't see them... though I am now seeing them, I think this was after a restart...

Sturmrabe the tutorial tells you the type of fonts to use for Paint.NET and that you need to close out all programs that use fonts so that the new font can be seen.

DaFont.com is the best Windows/Mac font site out there. But if you don't like that then try 1001Fonts.com.

Check these out:

sozo.png[/img]

may you find hier MGS or a similar one:

http://betterfonts.com/

or by dafont.com

or, you open a browser, type metal gear solid fonts in the textbox and click to the first link? ;)

(I think MGS = Metal Gera Solid?)